Problem with Deserter Detection (kicking people out of a warzone)

Darth_Vicente

Now, I just want to say, I am all for the *concept* of deserter detection. Kicking people out who intended to leave their character and gain free XP for the warzone is fine, except where things like THIS happen.

This is all within the last two nights:

1) Playing voidstar, after I revived, the stupid Splash Screen appeared and wouldn't disappear so I could find my way out of the safezone, and didn't go away until I was already kicked out and the Imperial Fleet was half way loaded. No exaggeration.

2) Playing Alderaan, I have been kicked out three times, twice because the Speeder wouldn't respond to my commands and take me down to the warzone, and once because it wasn't there at all.

3) Playing Huttball, I have been kicked out several times because the ray-shield at the door to the safezone never went down after I revived, and a few times because after I entered an in-progress match, I couldn't get down the hall fast enough because the deserter detection starts before your loading screen goes away.

This needs fixed

Dont worry , i guess even BW would not implement it before they fix the bug feast that it is their wz right now , cause im pretty sure they will manage to bug this when they implement it.

No, I'm not talking about a hypothetical deserter debuff. I'm talking about the existing "deserter detection", which kicks you out if you stay in the safe zone.

Edited by Darth_Vicente

I have some of the same problems.

Alderaan- by far my favorite warzone, currently i have a 50% chance to not even have the speeder's spawn if I die. I end up running around the ship waiting to get kicked out. Sometimes they spawn just as i'm getting kicked out of the warzone. And if they do spawn, there's a 50% chance that i will just stand there looking at the speeder... and then get kicked out.

Any warzone already in progress- This is just stupid. For some reason, Bioware figured it would be a good idea to start the deserter detection debuff when you click to enter the battleground. If you have a low to mid end computer, your load screen will eat up most of the debuff, and you will probably get kicked out. Sometimes, i get lucky and i can get out of the safezone with a second or 2 left on the debuff. If the shield happens to drop at the right time to let me out. The most annoying part is when you have 10 seconds on the debuff, and a brand new shield that locks you in.

i have written multiple bug reports on this. The most annoying is Alderaan, because i normally do fairly well. Sometimes, we'll be winning handily, i'll die near the end of the match, and never get anything. I get kicked out instead. When i talked to a CSR about it, he said "well that's new" which is BS, cause there are posts on the forum about this problem.

I've played one Republic character to valor rank 46 and one Imperial character to valor rank 23, so I've seen my fair share of Warzones. 100 matches at least and I have never seen this bug once. My friends that also play a lot of PvP have not mentioned it either.

I'm not calling you a liar, but perhaps you are exaggerating quite a bit? Of course Bioware needs to fix this if it can happen at all, but I remain skeptical.

i initially found that others were having this problem by googling it. Found a post on the forums. Just because you, or people you know, haven't seen this bug, doesn't mean it's not there. It affects more than myself, and I know I'm tired of it happening.

I play MMO's to pvp. If there is no pvp, i will not play the game. I love the pvp on this game. Class Imbalance, i can deal with. FOTM classes will always be there. But to spend almost an entire warzone doing well, contributing to your team winning, and then getting booted because of this problem is beyond frustrating.

I've played one Republic character to valor rank 46 and one Imperial character to valor rank 23, so I've seen my fair share of Warzones. 100 matches at least and I have never seen this bug once. My friends that also play a lot of PvP have not mentioned it either.

I'm not calling you a liar, but perhaps you are exaggerating quite a bit? Of course Bioware needs to fix this if it can happen at all, but I remain skeptical.

He's not. I have the same bug, but I've always assumed it's because my computer is not up to snuff compared to the standard in PC gaming, at least when the Alderaan Speeders are concerned.

Has never happened to me, although..

I was not paying attention and the door in voidstar closed to quickly. I still maed the second exit.

Few in my guild with low end machines or bad ISP's have troubles like your describing.

Deserter buff is needed badly, and although you may not be part of that problem, the amount I LD/disconnect in matches is prolly... 1 in 50.

Check ur drivers, defrag, free up your home netwerk, and call ur isp about good service.

My computer is all up to date, running smoothly. Not the best computer for games, but it works just fine for most new games. I don't know what the problem is. Certainly not my ISP. I pay good money for high speed, recently switched companies too. And this new one is probably twice as fast as my old one, and i never had problems playing online games.

The issue goes beyond people's computers. You can't put a game out that doesn't play for someone who meets and exceeds minimum specs. it's up to Bioware to fix the problem, as i've done everything i can to ensure my computer is as optimized as it can be, without buying a new one.

It's quite possibly my connection in some cases, as I can't have a physical connection because the ethernet port in my room was fried in a thunderstorm, so I use a wireless.

However, that doesn't change the facts that:

1) Once a Huttball or Voidstar match starts, we shouldn't have to wait on the ray shield to lower to let me in, ESPECIALLY because it's possible it won't

2) The speeder on Alderaan should ALWAYS be there and should ALWAYS work

3) The splash screen shouldn't pop up at any point in gameplay.

It's quite possibly my connection in some cases, as I can't have a physical connection because the ethernet port in my room was fried in a thunderstorm, so I use a wireless.

However, that doesn't change the facts that:

1) Once a Huttball or Voidstar match starts, we shouldn't have to wait on the ray shield to lower to let me in, ESPECIALLY because it's possible it won't

2) The speeder on Alderaan should ALWAYS be there and should ALWAYS work

3) The splash screen shouldn't pop up at any point in gameplay.

There is a reason that reinforcements are only allowed out in waves. It's the same in other MMO's. If that wasn't the case, then it would be impossible to capture nodes/plant explosives, as the enemy team could replace their dead within seconds. Bioware doesn't need to find a workaround for this, they need to fix it.

Simplest solution to this whole safe zone shield issue is to remove the shield once the match starts and DO NOT have it re-appear. It has aided in more than a few losses simply because it allows the opposing team to accomplish the goals unhindered.

Just get rid of the shield once the match starts Bioware, it's throwing matches, and getting people kicked out because they can't get out of the safe zone.

Simplest solution to this whole safe zone shield issue is to remove the shield once the match starts and DO NOT have it re-appear. It has aided in more than a few losses simply because it allows the opposing team to accomplish the goals unhindered.

Just get rid of the shield once the match starts Bioware, it's throwing matches, and getting people kicked out because they can't get out of the safe zone.

Just no... Do you not realise that it is balanced around that shield? It's hard enough already to keep reinforcements away from the person who is trying to plant an explosive/capture a node. Of course sometimes you will be held back by the shield, but not your whole team at once. If that happens, then it's your own fault.

Has never happened to me, although..

I was not paying attention and the door in voidstar closed to quickly. I still maed the second exit.

Few in my guild with low end machines or bad ISP's have troubles like your describing.

Deserter buff is needed badly, and although you may not be part of that problem, the amount I LD/disconnect in matches is prolly... 1 in 50.

Check ur drivers, defrag, free up your home netwerk, and call ur isp about good service.

Deserter buff is not really needed...I've seen so many bots that walk the character out of the safe zone, they're better off just putting a timer so if you don't move anywhere in the WZ for a certain period of time it gives you a pop up message.

Was in a Huttball yesterday where we had two bots on our team and we were already a person short. Both bots just walked out, went right and stood in a corner next to the fence. If someone killed them, they'd respawn and go to the exact same spot.

Edited by Brat