lvl 55 Flashpoints are too hard, drop **** loot and are mostly overrun by pugs...

Lol how are these hard at all? They should actually raise the difficulty or come out with harder stuff. On 2.0 launch my friend and I were in dread guard and 2 manned all the fps.. I've even soloed Hammer Station. The flashpoints are a joke really. Also if you want to skip gear levels then just do it. Get into sm ops and get Arkanian gear and don't worry about bm gear if you don't want the grind.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only complaint I have about HM's is they are full of elitist, hateful jerks who are quick to vote kick. They are not too hard, people just need to learn the fights and then they become trivial.

They should make two hard mode options, one with vote kick and one without. The one with vote kick has a greater com reward, the one with no vote kick has better gear rewards. Problem solved.

The 55 hard mode flashpoints are fine. The problem is that they did not add any 55 storymode flashpoints to learn how to play in a group. It's all good and well saying run 50 had modes, but that is just not very initiative for any player comming from any other MMO. In all other mmo's all previous end game content is obsolete, so how would new players assume they should gear up and learn in 50 hm.

Luckily we are finally getting two 55 flashpoints that are not hm. That should help. Was incredibly lazy developing to release an expansion with no new non hm flashpoints, but I think we all know it was never intended as an expansion, until they decided to start gouging.

I kinda understand what Bioware had in mind when they released those lvl 55 fp's, they probably thought: "hey most of our players are columi/BH geared so let's give them a good challenge!", good idea... in theory.

See, the problem is the new players, you see, most of them, the first thing they want to do is reaching lvl 55, and since it's so easy to reach it by only doing planetary quests they probably didn't bother doing (and probably never will) our beloved lvl 50 fp's to gear up properly. So what do you see? Pugs in lvl 55 fp's. What happens? lots of wipes followed by trashtalk and ragequitting...

There is another problem: the quality of the loot.

It's bad, a couple of Black Market gear, some crappy blue mods bracers for such hard instances? Meh.

In my opinion lvl 55 flashpoints should have their difficulty toned down so everyone, especially the new players, could enjoy them, and, like pre-2.0 when drops were columi (set bonuses armors), the loot should be arkanian gear.

And ibf L2P UURR DUUR, the goal is to bring new players and introduce them properly for high lvl content, flashpoints should be like the beginner's step to that direction, and not a 4 man operation raid.

Remember Bioware, you want to attract customers, even the noobiest ones, not scare them away, this is Star Wars, not Eve online.

Lol, I'll just going to assume you werent there in the days when Taral V took 2-3 hours to complete. Like many have said in this thread, the issue isnt so much the gear, its the attitude.

People are ragequitting over the smallest things. Man up and don't expect loot to be flying into your hands. I actually like the 55 flashpoints, they are toned very nicely and are a challenge at times.

One last thing, people are 2 - manning this flashpoints with ease in 69 gear.

Lol, I'll just going to assume you werent there in the days when Taral V took 2-3 hours to complete. Like many have said in this thread, the issue isnt so much the gear, its the attitude.

People are ragequitting over the smallest things. Man up and don't expect loot to be flying into your hands. I actually like the 55 flashpoints, they are toned very nicely and are a challenge at times.

One last thing, people are 2 - manning this flashpoints with ease in 69 gear.

If you find me 2 players even with 72s gear that can solo the Bonus Boss on HS Hm i am gonna bow to them . The boss will enrage and instant kill both of them .Neither the Beast of Kresh can be 2 manned due to the adds /knockback / stun effect . Instead of posting ******** be more realistic .

On Topic now : The only thing that is needed is the creation of more HM fps . New ones or old ones adapted to the needs and varieties of HM.

Edited by genesisization

If you find me 2 players even with 72s gear that can solo the Bonus Boss on HS Hm i am gonna bow to them . The boss will enrage and instant kill both of them .Neither the Beast of Kresh can be 2 manned due to the adds /knockback / stun effect . Instead of posting ******** be more realistic .

On Topic now : The only thing that is needed is the creation of more HM fps . New ones or old ones adapted to the needs and varieties of HM.

I've 2 manned the bonus boss in Hammer Station HM, too bad I didn't fraps it, didn't realise it was that big a deal?

I was dpsing/tanking on my sentinel and my boyfriend was healing me on his scoundrel. I was in full 72s and he was in random pvp gear I think, tbh I have no idea what he was using all I know is he doesn't pve ever unless I ask him to. :p

The boss did enrage at the end but I had guarded by the force available for the last bit and it was enough. It took a few tries for us to do it, had to figure out when/how to use my CDs to keep myself alive during that stun/rampage thing he does, but with scoundrel hots and me using CDs at the right time + inspiration and being in 72s, it's totally 2 mannable.

We didn't try 2 manning any of the others, I picked hammer station as our 2 man run because I find the bosses in there just have the least annoying mechanics lols. I definitely wouldn't want to do it as my sentinel in 69's though, it was a very tight enrage push in the 72s I had, so I'll give you that point.

Edited by Michka

Good job focussing on a sidenote while ignoring the maintopic. I was trying to explain that the 55 flashpoints aren't that though as people might think. For that reason I stated that they can be 2-manned (which isn't ******** as you seem to think and has been proved by many people). If you want a more realistic scene? I was with a assasin dps-friend in Mandoraiders, after a while we had to kick the current tank and he respecced to tank with only dps-gear on (and a lowbe shield). It went perfectly with him, he was very squishy but not unhealable.

About that bonusboss in hammerstation: That was the only boss my brother and I skipped due to being tough. We weren't using companions and were not in full 72. Also there is a forumthread going of someone solo'ing Atthis with companions (including bonsboss).

TLDR:

The difficulty isnt the problem, people are.

Just a question is a mix of BH gear and some part of Basic gear to low for a lvl 55 HM?

Cuz I came in with this group that was totally overgeared all of them and yet they kicked me without even bother trying out my skills or walking me even 2m in the fp :/ should I get better gear before trying again or where those just ***** out there?

Just a question is a mix of BH gear and some part of Basic gear to low for a lvl 55 HM?

Cuz I came in with this group that was totally overgeared all of them and yet they kicked me without even bother trying out my skills or walking me even 2m in the fp :/ should I get better gear before trying again or where those just ***** out there?

The gear you had should definitly suffice, depending on your skill-level and that of the group ofcourse. The issue here is simply players attitude. They want a smooth, fast, brain-dead run, thus they want people to be as over-geared as possible and depending on your role this can result in an instant kick. Basicly the same people that believe you need full 69 (+augments) for a SM operation, they don't want a challange (not even the one the game set for them) they just want to close their eyes and mash the keyboard and hope at the end of it that they have some commendations/tokens. That's a players problem! And I'm sorry you got to be the victem of it.

Full basic is the 'easiest' you can make it for yourself.

BH/DG is more than sufficient to get through the FPs.

If you want to face-roll from the start, just fully augment what-ever gear you got.

The lowest geared character I did it with was 'only' in full Rakata (the mods from the Makeb vendor) with no augments yet as healer with a Black Hole geared Tank and random DPS (quite decent gear over-all I must say.) The only time we wiped was Cademinu when the bonus boss enraged and started 1-hitting everyone with shock (yes, also the 25k+ HP dps) So do-able definitly, recommended, not so much.

Just try to find some guildies/friends to queue with to avoid the kind of people you just ran into. People also think twice before kicking a healer and three times before kicking a tank due to queue-times.

As for the subject of the topic. I like the Flashpoints as they are. You can no longer face-roll them with companions and at rare times they even make a challange. Downside is really that I feel the TTK is huge, no matter how well-geared our DPS is and tbh after avoiding Sweeping Gunfire in Hammer Station 10x in a row I'm glad if he just dies already. That or add a bit more mechanics, but that might be a PuG nightmare. The gear that drops (except for tanks, where the commendation gear is even more horrible) always seem to be ****** critical rating and main-stat/endurance favoured, a real shame, it can be nice doing the FPs, dreaming of some decent drop, instead of just counting your commendations. It's not like that would make you able to skip SM Operations since you still want your set-bonus. Or fix critical rating.:rolleyes:

When I hit 55 on each of my characters (eight, one of each AC) I crafted them all a set of blue 66 gear (148 rating). My main character on each side (guardian & marauder) got purple 66 gear (156). So you can actually craft (or have crafted) purple 66 gear--the primary drops from 55 HM FPs. The last boss and bonus boss are the only reason I do them (well, elite comms).

This morning I did Athiss. After dying to the bonus boss enraging twice, I get back to the room and get ready to try again. One of the damage says, "why are we trying again? I keep getting knocked back out of range to heal you"

Again, one of the damage. Who refused to stand with his back to the statue, both to make AE healing easier on the healer, and to avoid the knockback. But it doesn't matter, because he was casting heals. I told him to just bring the deeps instead, and we killed the boss.

Last night, running Hammer Station, we were on the bonus boss there and I sent a tell to the gunslinger, regarding the commando damage in the group: "Dude, I've noticed your ability priority is on point, so I'm going to beg you to do the most damage you've ever done for 3 minutes--because that has to be the worst commando I've ever seen."

He replied that he was just thinking the same thing. This guy was just pushing random buttons, from the looks of it. Explosive Round... silence... Charged Bolt... wasted GCD... Plasma Grenade... long pause... Grav Roudn... ***? Then I noticed... he was waiting for his ammo to get to full before pushing a button--and never using filler attacks. It was really mortifying and his damage was HORRIBLE. But he was in 148 gear.

I really don't find the FPs to be the problem these days. :p

I haven't had too many issues with groups just sucking. There was a group that didn't have enough dps to down the bonus boss in mandalorian raiders.

I also was tanking a group on final boss of Cademimu and both dps died. The healer and I ended up doing the whole fight. It was so much fun too! I guess that boss doesnt enrage. Im not sure how good jugg tank dps is and I had to keep doing shackles on healer. But that was the most fun Ive had in this game.

I do kinda agree about the loot. Really no reason for half of the bosses in each FP to drop useless loot. 2 comms per boss is soo measly as well. If you get a loot ninja in this game, it can be soo heartbreaking.

Lol how are these hard at all? They should actually raise the difficulty or come out with harder stuff. On 2.0 launch my friend and I were in dread guard and 2 manned all the fps.. I've even soloed Hammer Station.

How much time do these runs consume time, actually ? I'm just curious, because I'd like to do it as well, one day. Although I'm quite sure that I won't manage to do it.

There is a vote to kick option in all group finder parties. I use it quite often. :rak_01: When I see they are not up to snuff. I kick them out. When they whisper me back why I kicked them I explain they need to run more 50HM's and get out of their blue mod gear from Corellia.

I am playing more 55 FPs on my 61 geared Juggernaut then I ever have. The only time they are actually fun for me is when I am undergeared. Healing or Tanking them in 69 gear or better is laughably easy. So much so that it becomes utterly boring. The only times I have really wiped in an FP is when you have an absolutely awful Tank. So I queue a lot more on Tanks then on anything else.

As an addendum to this whole discussion, I was just in a HM Athiss where the Tank & Healer were insisting on some convoluted strategy for the first boss where you drag him halfway across the map, because it made the fight "easier". The idea that any of these fights are difficult enough to some people to require strategy boggles my mind.

Edited by izmirtheastarach

This is just wrong from my perspective

I only PUG and we blow through the content most of the time

There are level 69 gear drops those are great

The blue drops are better than the 61 gear and can be sold for a good amount if credits

Not to mention the weekly gets you ultimate comms

So, I disagree 100% and I am on ebon hawk which is an RP server,

maybe you could come here in case it's your server or play times.

He replied that he was just thinking the same thing. This guy was just pushing random buttons, from the looks of it. Explosive Round... silence... Charged Bolt... wasted GCD... Plasma Grenade... long pause... Grav Roudn... ***? Then I noticed... he was waiting for his ammo to get to full before pushing a button--and never using filler attacks. It was really mortifying and his damage was HORRIBLE. But he was in 148 gear.

That is one heck of a bad commando.

Please don't nerf the 55s!

There are finally a few flaspoints with some challenge. And the gear drops are good enough. I can't agree with your argument that pre 2.0 when you got gear with setbonuses was so much better, back then you got one Columni token per flashpoint, now you get 2 69 pieces every flashpoinz, thats more gear in my opinion, and if you already got arkanian gear, what would be the point of dgoing sm ops.

Pre 2.0, there was only Lost Island where you needed some gear and skill to complete it, so not every f2p noob who never did a hm flashpoint with 10k health could do it, unfortunately the 55s now aren't even close to that difficulty.

Fortunately you can't now ding 55, and start clearing the 55s in green and blue gear, it is a gear game, so you have to get some decent gear with stuff from lvl 50 fps, lvl 50 ops and dailys.

I haven't had too many issues with groups just sucking. There was a group that didn't have enough dps to down the bonus boss in mandalorian raiders.

This used to happen a lot on most bonus bosses early in April. If you have both dps below full 150 gear, you may face some problems delivering on the dps part. Considering how is easy it is to get basic coms and elite comms, I rarely ever see enrage in FPs anymore.

I also was tanking a group on final boss of Cademimu and both dps died. The healer and I ended up doing the whole fight. It was so much fun too! I guess that boss doesnt enrage. Im not sure how good jugg tank dps is and I had to keep doing shackles on healer. But that was the most fun Ive had in this game.

I had similar experience in the good old days of when the shackles were unbreakable. Both dps died by the shackles early in the boss fight. I told the tank not to worry about me (I am heal sorc with root remove on force speed), and the boss does not enrage and does not deal much damage so I was dpsing in between barrier and Hot cool downs. Downed the boss with no problem.

I do kinda agree about the loot. Really no reason for half of the bosses in each FP to drop useless loot. 2 comms per boss is soo measly as well. If you get a loot ninja in this game, it can be soo heartbreaking.

FPs give 19 elite comps per FP per day with bonus boss. Mostly everyone do them now because they are trying to get the ultimate comms from the weekly though.

I wouldn't mind tuning them down a bit, not really a fan of endgame and I'm not going to too dailies for weeks (or months) just to be able to do these. But I can always skip endgame altogether or wait till they start handing over full gearsets for free (like recruit and tionese before 2.0).

lvl 55 flashpoints are easy, me and my guild made finished Cademimu in under 1 hour as Sorc Healer and Marauder full DD gear....

If anything than lvl 55 flashpoints are perfect for fresh 55s and if you cant deal with simple mechanics - sucks to be you

No.

55 FPs Compared to 50 FPs are very hard. Theres no denying that. I have to heal 3x as much to keep people alive.

They require focus above anything, I get the same results when I first did them in Black Hole and Dread Guard and now as I am in Black Market.

You have to be all in or your going to have a horrible time.