Hoth Bonus Series: Savage Attacks & The Lost Patrol

Farstrider

HI there,

Recently I realised I'd not completed the Hoth bonus series, so I returned to Hoth and accepted the 'Savage Attacks' mission from the NPC at Aurek Base.

From there I was directed to Captain Amaruk at Tundra Drift base, in my mission log I noticed I had one mission to complete which was 'The Lost Patrol' now the mission text was greyed out and upon arriving I could see on my radar the gold/green icon for a quest NPC but Captain Amaruk, however Amaruk does not have the icon overhead and I am unable to interact with him in any way.

I was advised by SWTOR Support that this might be a bug and may need to be addressed in a future update, which sounds like a rote auto-response.

I find this a little bit of a cop out, surely the mission chain could be reset, I don't mind doing any precursor missions again.

Either way, I wondered if anyone was stuck at this point and if it's a known issue?

If the mission is greyed out in the log it probably means you have completed it on your previous visit to Hoth

it's a well known bug with most bonus series that apparently hasn't been fixed for years - some individual missions are available to you before the actual bonus quest itself and by completing those too early you end up bugging the entire bonus series on that planet