Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Possibility of Solo Operations?

Shwarzchild
02.20.2018 , 05:01 PM | #11
I pay my subscription to raid with friends Iíve met over the years. I would not pay a subscription to support making any operation solo mode.

While solo only players have an opinion. So do I. And mine is equally as valid. Different content for different people. If solo only players canít accept that then they should check their privilege. If people want to dive into other areas of the game then great. But donít try to force a game play mode on those that donít want that mode out of this crazy notion that one individual should get every right they seem to think they deserve just because they pay a sub. A sub gives you access to the game. If you donít like the game donít pay for it, and find one that fits the needs.
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

Shwarzchild
02.20.2018 , 05:03 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by drug_cartel View Post
As a single parent, I loathe raiding. I do not want my games to require a similar commitment as if they were an additional part-time job. I should not be expected to do something daily/weekly that requires even an hour or two of uninterrupted time.

All I wanted from this game when I first pre-ordered was for it to be KOTOR 3, and have a strong enough single player story experience that I could have fun the way I did with KOTOR 1-2. Basically I want to pay a subscription for a single player game.

I ran most of the flashpoints when I out-leveled them enough that I could solo them back in the day, and I've never done an Op. And I never will. If they made them solo'able, I'd run them even without rewards, just for the experience of it. But if they don't, I don't feel like it's any great loss. I'll just continue to play solo, and decorate my 1 man Guild Ship that I'm funding 100% by myself.
This is the worst post I think Iíve read in a while. Your personal life is not an excuse to reshape the game in your image.
Warstalker Gatecrasher Dread Master Isaac Bell The Revanchist From Beyond

<Lightning Masters>

juliushorst
02.20.2018 , 05:35 PM | #13
The only meaningful story arc you miss when you skip ops is Dread Masters arc, and this is what happens:
Spoiler

Then Oricon happens and Darth Marr \ Lord Hagrev summ everything up for you if you skipped those ops.
Then there are Dread Fortress and Dread Palace where you
Spoiler

With how Oricon arc explains everything, solo version of the dread council fight would be nice to wrap up the story... but with limited resources it's better if the devs focus on new content

gullibull
02.20.2018 , 05:41 PM | #14
My 2 cents: I have played all the way through the story and Reven on 7 characters solo or mostly solo due to my hours of play as well as the fact that I worked from home and was on call 24x7. It was not fair to others to have to bail mid raid.
I would like the option for doing operations on a low or no reward setting as well. Soloable, or maybe with a Makeb style boost and support bot.

Let the uber loot be raid only, thats fine with me. I'd like the option to go play them solo as well. I do understand the mechanics of it are not going to work that well, and it would mean changes to the solo mode. But getting to enjoy the story that goes with them would be very nice.

Sundown
02.20.2018 , 11:37 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Shwarzchild View Post
This is the worst post I think Iíve read in a while. Your personal life is not an excuse to reshape the game in your image.
Funny thing though: he didn't ask to reshape the game at all. Just explaining the way he plays and feels and why, and stating that he'd possibly enjoy a solo-mode, but just continue to do what he does if it was not available.

So basically just an opinion/preference voiced in a polite manner.

No need to project your anger about other posters or the state of the game (in your opinion) on him.

@topic: don't touch existing ops, effort is better spent some place else since they are ancient anyway.
For story archs like Dread Masters offer a parallel ending like Revan for solo players (or don't auto add the operation as a mission or just use the cut scences from the ops as a video).
For future operations (lol): don't tie them to solo play.

SpikeSaber
02.21.2018 , 09:09 AM | #16
Not to be offensive, but operations are not supposted to be soloed, this is an mmorpg game and not a single player game, why would you play MMO if you play solo.
Merrkes,Journeyman,Brontass The Revanchist

YouTube Channel

PorsaLindahl
02.21.2018 , 10:14 AM | #17
Here's BW's definition of Operations:

Quote:
Operations are large-scale multi-group* missions where you will join your Republic or Imperial allies to confront the most dangerous threats in the galaxy. Each story-driven Operation is available to both allegiances and is designed to challenge groups of either eight or sixteen players* to use their skills, wits, and teamwork* to ensure that they successfully complete the mission while still being accessible to newcomers to the genre.

Operations can also be completed with 8 or 16 player groups for Story, Veteran, and Master difficulty levels.
And

Quote:
Story Mode
Story Mode is the easiest difficulty level and is the fastest way to experience the story. While itís recommended to have a balanced team* with damage, healer, and tank roles.

Veteran Mode
Designed for players looking for more of a challenge. Youíll need a balanced team* consisting of damage, healer, and tank class roles to complete Veteran mode . The enemies will be tougher, but the rewards will be greater as you work as a team* to come out victorious.

Master Mode
Requiring both patience and skill, Master Mode will need a balanced group of players* with powerful gear and require players have reached max level to complete.
*Made bold and highlighted for emphasis.

Ops are a group activity and should stay that way.

MayhemofChaonus
02.21.2018 , 10:33 AM | #18
I'm only partially interested in solo modes for the Oricon ops, just because the fights with each master are epic. Really I'd settle for just a solo version of the Dread Council fight where each Dread Master is an elite with a little extra health than normal and a single, unique ability that matches their personality/role in the group. I feel facing four elites at once like that, solo (with NO JESUS DROID BIOWARE! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!) is enough of a challenge for solo/story players while also providing them with good story. Adding cutscenes before and after like they did with the first run-through of the Revan fight on Yavin 4 would be excellent as well. Then, after completing the fight in the story quest, you could repeat the solo mode fight as a Oricon Weekly, just like Yavin 4.

IMO, Oricon and the DM's deserved (and still do deserve) the Yavin 4 treatment FAR more than Revan. SoR is a fanfiction compared to the Dread War Arc.
"The weak will always be victims. That is the way of the universe. The strong take what they want, and the weak suffer at their hands. That is their fate; it is inevitable. Only the strong survive, because only the strong deserve to" - Darth Bane
May the Force forsake you

PorsaLindahl
02.21.2018 , 11:50 AM | #19
At most, I can see them making a flashpoint version of the operations - no solo mode, no companions and no tactical mode. Just normal mode and hard modes. And they'd reward the same as the current flashpoints - no unassembled loots, just xp consumable boosts and credits. Toss in some isotopes as well.

olagatonjedi
02.22.2018 , 01:58 PM | #20
Whether or not they make ops soloable, they need to have challenging content for solo players that offer similar rewards to ops. We all pay the same sub, so we should all have an opportunity to experience the same things regardless of time commitment, something that for many is unchangeable. Skill level can change based on player, and is generally modifiable, so that should the the determining factor towards someones ability to complete all content in the game. Imo.