Why does everyone fear Mando's so much

Jufiau

I mean ok I understand they have great tech and have pushed their bodies to their physical limit but still why do Jedi and Sith fear them so much? Because they can destroy planets? Is it because their armor can resist the force and/or light sabers? I understand they other people would fear Mandolorens but not Sith or Jedi unless we are talking like Padawn and Acolyte level force users then of course a fully trained Mando would decimate them.

they're usually mentally resistant to force techniques, they train to the point they can almost keep up with jedi physically. also, this probably isn't just mandos, but anyone that knows they're going to fight a jedi uses scatter guns with metal ammunition because it's much harder to stop it than a plasma bolt.

This does not stop Telekinesis and Lightning though which normally all Jedi use during a fight I understand why they are no push overs but I don't see why Jedi and Sith would fear them and if they make a telekinetic force field then what?

While I do not think a Jedi nor a Sith fears a Mandalorian, they do respect them. There is a difference in fearing and respecting them.

They are not afraid of them which is what it seems your post indicates but they do respect them and know they will be a formidable adversary, but that doesn't mean they are afraid of them.

Definition

Simple Definition of fear

: an unpleasant emotion caused by being aware of danger : a feeling of being afraid

: a feeling of respect and wonder for something very powerful

Full Definition of fear

a : an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger

b (1) : an instance of this emotion (2) : a state marked by this emotion

: anxious concern : solicitude

: profound reverence and awe especially toward God

: reason for alarm :

Edited by casirabit

I would not say about fear, but both Jedi and Sith are wary about the clans - and they are right. The problem here is that any Mandalorian-born is trained to fight since childhood, and that is why the perceived level of danger can be not the same as the real one. And Mandalorians have a rich history of conflicts against overwhelming forces - and despite the outcome, such overwhelming forces suffered heavy casualties.

Additional problem is that diversity gives strength to Jedi - but Mandalorians are no less diverse, even more, perhaps. That is why there is always a chance for them to find suitable people for armed response.

And we may admit: the clans have built pretty intimidating reputation. Swoop gangs are not usually composed of cowards, but we have an example of such gangsters immediately backing off when a single Mandalorian appears.

I think that the general concern about Mandalorians has something to do with their abilities but also to do with their general attitude to fighting. Most people (in the real world and in Star Wars) are afraid of being hurt and dying, and are not willing to get into a fight to the death unless it's over something important. The Mandalorians, on the other hand, are known to start entire wars and even commit genocide not because they feel threatened by the other side, or to seize their resources, but simply for the challenge and for the sake of the battle itself - for fun, more or less. That makes running into one pretty scary, as you know that if they have any reason to attack you, they probably will do it, they'll go all-out, and they won't back down. Edited by Joachimthbear

This is also my thing with Jedi and Sith people are not physical embodiments of the force(except a few) most people contain both sides inside of them and that what makes them alive and real. This way I had hoped Revan would unite both the Sith and Jedi and create his own united form as both the Jedi and Sith are flawed theories.

Mandalorians always aim high, they want to kill the most powerful ppl. And they train for it and equip for it. Mandos are highly resistant to mind persuasion and their standard armor can take several hits from a lightsaber. Why do you think mandalorians use flamethrowers and scatterguns? Because they cant be deflected by lightsabers. Why do they use grapples, nets and stuff? Not even force-sensitives can do anything when tied up (there are several nets and cuffs designed specifically against force-users). You might see them weaker because PCs are much more powerful than mandalorians they fight. But an average mandalorian vs an average Jedi/Sith is actually favors the mando. For starters mandos never underestimate their opponents. Edited by jauvtus

• 2 weeks later...
This does not stop Telekinesis and Lightning though which normally all Jedi use during a fight I understand why they are no push overs but I don't see why Jedi and Sith would fear them and if they make a telekinetic force field then what?

Creating Force screens of any kind requires a great deal of skill with the Force. Not all Jedi and Sith can do that. Additionally, the Lightsaber while effective at deflecting blaster bolts cannot block a flamethrower.

Mandalorians are basically the closest thing to natural super soldiers in the Star Wars universe.

Because they are space spartans, that's why.

Also you are bound to fear an opponent who fights as an end in itself, without a political or geopolitical agenda or objectives, mostly.

Edited by Kaedusz