Returning player(s) Server merge split group up...

robjordanlives

I missed founder status by hours (Just saying that to show I played a lot back in the day) but I haven't played since 2017 and that was 2 months. My friends and I are returning and setting up shop on star forge. All my toons were sent to SS. At 1000 coins a pop that is going to be pretty expensive just to move a couple (I have 23) over. Is there anyway to get a discount or bulk pack or ?

Well you have nothing to lose by asking, but probably not. Long before the server merge I asked about discounts for multiple accounts which never got a reply. It was on one of my many accounts that I asked about it, not even sure which one. Anyway maybe send a in-game ticket about it. if enough players ask maybe just maybe BW will set up something. However as far as I am concerned all it will do is depleted some of the servers if players leave on mass. Not sure that will be good long term for the 5 servers left.

Given when you last played you probably have no gear that is especially useful today and your characters are not maximum level.

A new character can be gotten to level 70 with a fairly full set of item level 232+ gear in well under a week - more time if you have inconveniences like work or school interfering but it still is a quick process. Assuming you have the expansions.

This leads to the obvious suggestion - transfer one character with all or most of the credits and any valuable items. This will also transfer stronghold rooms you have unlocked (you will need to pay to reactivate the strongholds if they were bought with credits). You can create new characters, enjoy the stories again and get them to whatever levels you want. We each have our preferred playstyles - this may not work for you - it definitely would for me.

Hmmm thanks for the suggestions guys. I am going to send a ticket and see if I can get some love. hopefully the fact I didn't get to choose the server will work in my favor.

If not then I probably will just play out this month to shake off some rust then wait to come back til there is a transfer sale or something. I will make some more toons and I was not looking to transfer all of my current ones but I have ones with stuff I would rather not lose for sentimental reasons (Tionese shells, First Rancor that was available, rare weapons ect).

I missed founder status by hours (Just saying that to show I played a lot back in the day) but I haven't played since 2017 and that was 2 months. My friends and I are returning and setting up shop on star forge. All my toons were sent to SS. At 1000 coins a pop that is going to be pretty expensive just to move a couple (I have 23) over. Is there anyway to get a discount or bulk pack or ?

I assume you must have some reason for wanting to play on SF rather than SS, but wouldn't just be easier to stay on SS? Which way would require the most character transfers? (you to SF or them to SS)

Both servers are located in the same place, so about the only real difference may be in population at various times of day.

I assume you must have some reason for wanting to play on SF rather than SS, but wouldn't just be easier to stay on SS? Which way would require the most character transfers? (you to SF or them to SS)

Both servers are located in the same place, so about the only real difference may be in population at various times of day.

They all want to play on the server with the most pop and the majority of their toons are on SF. So I am kinda stuck.

Instead of spending cartel coins on all those transfers, why not create a new character on Star Forge and purchase a master's datacron either with cartel coins or through the gtn. the Masters datacron will boost any level 1 character to level 70 without completing any story activities. it also provides a full gear set appropriate to your chosen discipline.

That would be about 4500 in coin, not a bad haul for them and that is just me.

I think more people would spend CC’s to transfer Alts and would probably = income for Bioware if people don’t have enough CCs available to transfer the Alts they want.

But at 1000CCs, People aren’t likely to transfer more than one to just move their legacy achievements and stronghold unlocks.

I know I’ve got about 10 I’d like to move, but I’ve already maxed out my Alt numbers on Star Forge, so I would also have to buy 10 character slots to go along with the transfer costs, as I’m sure others in my position would. Bioware would also sell lots of those because CM to GTN converters would be buying them to list.

A short sale on them would not overly hurt Server populations and would help some returning players re-unite with people or allow them to find people of similar play styles.

I paid the 1000 coins to move one toon over with some stuff in the holds but I would really like a sale or hell even a couple free moves to get some of my favorite alts over.

As for starting over, like I said I will make some new ones but I have some toons with full sets of tionese gear and that sort of thing that I would like to keep.

Just heard back from my ticket. They basically told me no pay the full price. So I will finish out my month of sub and then wait to come back when they have a sale on transfers again. Sucks but not going to pay 6k coins to play when I didn't choose what server I was going to end up on. If I did and it ended up the wrong one then I would have paid as it would have been on me.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, hopefully see you in a few months or so (sale soon plz! lol).

Just heard back from my ticket. They basically told me no pay the full price. So I will finish out my month of sub and then wait to come back when they have a sale on transfers again. Sucks but not going to pay 6k coins to play when I didn't choose what server I was going to end up on. If I did and it ended up the wrong one then I would have paid as it would have been on me.

Thanks for the help and suggestions guys, hopefully see you in a few months or so (sale soon plz! lol).

Did they all move when you were not playing or did they all make new toons on SF?

It is all on you.

The server transfer you are talking about was years ago and you chose not to play during this time despite months of warnings being published and sent out.

The last server merge none of us got a choice it just happened and our servers merged into one of two new servers the only choice to move that you keep going on about was the first time this was done and as I said, years ago.

100% on you.

Did they all move when you were not playing or did they all make new toons on SF?

We all decided to come back a couple of weeks ago. They logged on and found their toons on SF while most of mine were on SS. Figure about 6 of my 23 toons are what I want to transfer and it just is too much at 1k a pop.

Best part is that they didn't even read the ticket, got told "you created toons on SS you are stuck. Moves don't happen automatically." lol Uh these servers didn't even exist back when I stopped (much less started) playing.

It is all on you.

The server transfer you are talking about was years ago and you chose not to play during this time despite months of warnings being published and sent out.

The last server merge none of us got a choice it just happened and our servers merged into one of two new servers the only choice to move that you keep going on about was the first time this was done and as I said, years ago.

100% on you.

lol

OK man, I am a bad bad video game player and they are punishing me for not playing when I got burned out.

When I played I went through merges before (was sent to harbinger from Davik's estate, then other servers being merged with harby later) but there was help being handed out from CS to make things easier for friends to play together.

But at the end of the day I am not yelling and hollering about it just posted about it and asked some Q's. Got shut down so will leave after this month is up and wait for another sale no biggie, just kinda nostalgic about some swtor runs that is all.

With respect, your claims don't add up. If you were all on the same server in 2017, and none of you have played since then, then you would all be on the same server now. BW did not just shuffle people onto different servers during the merge. Specific servers prior to the merge were merged together to form a new server. How that was done is detailed below and in this post.

Satele Shan: (North America)

• Harbinger
  • Begeren Colony
  • Bastion

Star Forge: (North America)

• Jedi Covenant
  • Shadowlands
  • Ebon Hawk
  • Prophecy of the Five
  • Jung Ma

Darth Malgus (Europe – English)

• Progenitor
  • Tomb of Freedon Nadd
  • Red Eclipse

The Leviathan (Europe – French)

• Mantle of the Force
  • Battle Meditation
  • Darth Nihilus

Tulak Hord (Europe – German)

• T3-M4
  • Vanjervalis Chain
  • Jar’Kai Sword

The only way you could come back and find them all on a different server is if they transfered servers or started new characters without you. Prior to the server merge transfers were 90CC but were raised shortly before the merge to their current price of 1000CC.

As others have suggested, make new characters on SF if you don't want to pay the transfer cost. Maybe transfer one character to copy over your legacy and have that character bring all of your credits and any items you want to carry over, such as UC's, gear in legacy shells, any CM items you haven't unlocked yet, crafting mats, etc.

Well that is new info. We played on harb when I last played but when I left they still played. Maybe they transfered since then? I will ask them.

See? This is the kinda info I was hoping to find. Useful.

That is why I asked if they moved while you were out. There was a long running 90CC transfer cost that ended after the server mergers (About a month after the last merges i think). So they may have moved most of their toons for what it will cost to move one of yours.

That is why I asked if they moved while you were out. There was a long running 90CC transfer cost that ended after the server mergers (About a month after the last merges i think). So they may have moved most of their toons for what it will cost to move one of yours.

Yeah got ahold of one of those knuckleheads and that is exactly what happened. Would have saved me some grief had they told me they moved after I left but they "forgot" lol.

Ah well. Will see what happens.

I find your story dubious.

Did you guys even play in the same server before? If you guys were on different servers and only became a group later, then it's a possibility.

At this point, server transfer will likely kill non highest pop servers.

Edited by Nemmar

I find your story dubious.

Did you guys even play in the same server before? If you guys were on different servers and only became a group later, then it's a possibility.

At this point, server transfer will likely kill non highest pop servers.

Dude it isn't a murder mystery lol.

Me and my friends played back in the day. I got burned out and left. They played on a bit after me. In that time they transfered to another server but then dropped off a few at a time til they were gone too.

We still play other games together (destiny 2, Division 2, Diablo 3, etc).

I have been feeling nostalgic for some swtor goodness lately so I said we should get the band back together. I popped on to find my toons on SS while they ended up on SF. I posted this thread looking for help and why it happened. CS told me no on the discounted transfers and a couple of peeps posted info thathelped me figure out what happened.

That's it. No conspiracy lol.

Like I said, I will just play out this month and wait til there is a sale on transfers before coming back. Not paying $50 to transfer over lol. No biggie.

Thanks for the help guys!