Death From above

MasterFady

I have to be the voice of reason here and disagree. You are thinking with your feelings of nostalgia. Deadly onslaught is a far better ability because you can move while casting and is unique to the powertech/vanguard. Remember powertech is a tanking class. Being rooted to cast an AoE is not tank friendly.

Death from above is right there on mercenary. It is now easier than ever to level and gear up an alt. You can instead play 2 unique classes, wich is better than one. Remember, you got heroic moment too to revisit those feelings.;)

Edited by Nemmar

I have to be the voice of reason here and disagree. You are thinking with your feelings of nostalgia. Deadly onslaught is a far better ability because you can move while casting and is unique to the powertech/vanguard. Remember powertech is a tanking class. Being rooted to cast an AoE is not tank friendly.

Death from above is right there on mercenary. It is now easier than ever to level and gear up an alt. You can instead play 2 unique classes, wich is better than one. Remember, you got heroic moment too to revisit those feelings.;)

Firstly, not nostalgia talking, the removed channeled moves were better looking, Deadly Onslaught, the new flamethrower, and knight/warrior skills look cheap, simple, and stupid. Secondly, there are skills that allow you to immobilize the enemy leaving them vulnerable to aforementioned attacks. Thirdly, you can spec in DPS as a Powertech so saying it's a tanking class is inaccurate.

Firstly, not nostalgia talking, the removed channeled moves were better looking, Deadly Onslaught, the new flamethrower, and knight/warrior skills look cheap, simple, and stupid. Secondly, there are skills that allow you to immobilize the enemy leaving them vulnerable to aforementioned attacks. Thirdly, you can spec in DPS as a Powertech so saying it's a tanking class is inaccurate.

So, you want a skill to be dependant on the use of another skill because? See, you say it's not nostalgia, but i don't see any other choice. Powertech plays dps and tank. If you saw a powertech pvp you would realise why it doesnt work for dps either. You are rooting yourself to fire this channeled AoE. Powertechs don't have the defensive cooldown that mercenaries have. No immunities/reflects and no knockbacks. Mobility is their strongest survival tool. Flamethrower had the same exact problems.

What you want, already exists and it's called mercenary.

Look, i am gonna be clear here. Death from above is a bad ability for a melee/mid range spec. That is why it was changed and why the class is better for it. You say it isn't nostalgia but i cannot see what else it can be. The changed abilities were all an improvement. I am sorry that you became so attached to them to not see why they were bad.

I can make the same argument for master strike. They improved the combat flow with these. I'd never go back. The combat is simply that much better with them.

Really, mercenary and heroic moment are all you need. Why gimp your favorite class? :/

Edited by Nemmar