4th isn't bad

xordevoreaux

No it isn't bad. SWTOR (to me) is a great game. When you read the forums, it sometimes seems people feel differently.

The fact is that a lot of games in the list were doing a lot worse after 7,5 years, if they were even still around. For an MMORPG that is a pretty long time. SWTOR really did stand the test of time.

I think the thing that bothers people the most isn't that SWTOR is not a good game, but that it could have been better. Maybe even a lot better. It might have even had the potential be the promised WoW-killer. Instead, it just put a dent in it's armor. And that is dissapointing.

To those who really care about SWTOR or Star Wars, that is frustrating. To see a game with such amazing potential not to become number one. I myself believe it could have been. What went wrong and what should have happened don't really matter anymore.

So those passioned people wil often feel disappointed about this hard truth. On the forums however (and maybe irl) it is much easier to deal with (and express) frustration and anger than suffer through sadness. In my opinion, that is where the negative posts come from.

To end on a positive note: I have loved playing SWTOR since launch and I will be here till the end, because I still do, almost every day.

Edited by Gokkus

If LotRO isn't on the list, they didn't do their homework. Show me another MMO on that list who can boast getting nearly 6,000 players in one place, at one time, participating in one event.

Well, to be fair, I can see how LotRO would be difficult to evaluate for a reviewer. All the best events are player-created. Concerts, races, murder mystery nights, organized roleplay, group achievement runs, and even theatrical productions. The ABC-based music system is also tough for some to understand at first.

Lord of the Rings is a fantastic genre with a superb fantasy story. It's more down-to-earth than WoW's.

I'm glad SWTOR is high on the list. The class story is worth doing with each of the eight classes. There's also some good repeat play from switching alignment. After that, though, it's lacking a certain spark. I really wish it had more player-hosted events (and I don't just mean PVP and Ops) to bring a diverse community together.

Edited by Xina_LA

Baloney, baloney, baloney. GW1 IS better than GW2 and STO is not even on the list but Wild star is? LOTRO is better than Wildstar and GW2. ESO number 2? Riiiiight..... :cool:

I'm not sure about some of the ones you've mentioned ... but I can answer you about STO..

I was a part of it BEFORE beta. It was never completed as promissed. I still hold a LIFETIME SUB ! I seldom log on! It's that bad !

As for the acolaides to SWTOR ... 4th aint bad ! BUT there is room for improvement!

BTW... errrr ... ummm about some of those suggestions we've been making !!

:D:D:D

The list wasn't credible when I saw that EVE Online was way behind games that no one even plays anymore. The simple fact that EVE is one of the few games in which the artists continually work to keep it visually stunning earns it a higher place on this list.

Not bad at all considering the latest expansion launched almost 2.5 years ago. I expect things will heat up a lot for SWTOR depending on how the upcoming expansion is received. I hope we get more info or a trailer about that soon.

I'm noticing more and more WoW refugees making their way to SWTOR too. I don't think its spot at #1 is going to last long. SWTOR has a real chance to dominate the competition, but only if EA/Bioware can utilize that potential.

Ah, but you can't go back and play Wildstar, yet it made the list.

And LOTRO DID make THEIR list but number 11.

Respectfully ... just because you can log on and play the game does not inherently indicate better game / or contient !

For whatever it's worth .. some of the information might or could have been subjective. That said, IMO ... it's not worth fussing over, particularly where the other games are concerned.

Let's just say we agree to dissagree on some lesser points to be discussed.

I do understand where you are coming from ... BUT please believe me when I tell you that STO is just not worth the time. Gear drops are horid ... almost NEVER related to the charactor your playing.. Crafting is .. welll.. Let's just file the entire matter in the ol' trash bin.

One of the main reasons I play this game is because I was looking for a place where I can enjoy the game .. get good stuff (gear ... and a LOT more)... Soooo much more here. As much as I enjoy designing starships ... USS MACO .. USS Missouri .. and a dozen others.. some Klingon and Romulan .. Yeah. I really wanted to see that game do great things.. But SWTOR left that game in the dust right out of the gate.

SWTOR still has room for improvement. The next few months will certainly prove to be either a new zenith ... or no! But, IMO ... we have a LOT here to appreciate. Believe me... there's a ton more I could post. BUT I'm afraid we'll get WAAAAAY of topic. Let's just say kudos to the team here at SWTOR ... and look for a better tomorrow !

I’d put SWTOR at 3, then ESO at 2, and WoW is fine at 1. Those are the 3 MMOs I play, at least, but SWTOR is easily my favorite to play because of the story—it’s so good. ESO is alright, it’s definitely quality, and I think that it is objectively a better game than SWTOR, but I still like SWTOR better. I actually like SWTOR the most, but it for sure belongs at #3.

I find it hard to believe that Ultima Online (1997) didn't make the list, even though it's still out there, and Wildstar came and went in a matter of months.

Not for nothing, but UO was the gold standard for years, and remained viable until games like SWG and WoW arrived and (especially WoW) siphoned off the vast majority of the UO player base.

Edited by Highlandscot

WoW is fine at 1.

WoW is a game for children, designed by children and played by children.

A friend gave me a 10 day trial for WoW, I could only make it through 3 days before I threw-up and deleted that stupidity.

Just because it is popular does not make it a good game. Children's games are always popular.

No it isn't bad. SWTOR (to me) is a great game. When you read the forums, it sometimes seems people feel differently.

Those people are only the Whiners. They complain about everything.

4th? What were they bribed with? :p

Take what they say with a grain of salt. Because their comments are worth.... Nothing!

You can go to any MMO and find these people and their constant complaints.

WoW is a game for children, designed by children and played by children.

A friend gave me a 10 day trial for WoW, I could only make it through 3 days before I threw-up and deleted that stupidity.

Just because it is popular does not make it a good game. Children's games are always popular.

I don't know if I would say WoW is just for children, but I would say Activision-Blizzard really dug their own grave for that game. Players are fleeing BfA(their latest expansion) in masses and it seems WoW's glory days are at a complete end. It was a long time coming.

SWTOR was one of those games that had a serious chance to de-throne WoW years ago and ironically, it may end up doing that after all. It just depends on how EA/Bioware handle things for SWTOR. I hope they dedicate more to this game and that the upcoming expansion does well. There's still tons of potential here.

I don't know if I would say WoW is just for children, but I would say Activision-Blizzard really dug their own grave for that game. Players are fleeing BfA(their latest expansion) in masses and it seems WoW's glory days are at a complete end. It was a long time coming.

SWTOR was one of those games that had a serious chance to de-throne WoW years ago and ironically, it may end up doing that after all. It just depends on how EA/Bioware handle things for SWTOR. I hope they dedicate more to this game and that the upcoming expansion does well. There's still tons of potential here.

When I say "Children" I don't mean a child. I mean Children. Or a game that is Mindless, Infantile and Childish with a cartoonish style of art and animation.

Not bad!!!!! It would be amazing!

Sadly its nonsense and pretty clear that the reviewer hasn't played the games. He thinks the level limit is 60 and picks out for particular praise.......the fast travel system!

Fleet chat is always buzzing with "Yes I know dsync, gearing, ability lag, clipping, unattended bugs and frozen class balance are terrible but man!! that fast travel system!"

Nice that WIldstar made 7 despite shutting down 6 months ago

Also unforgivable (although probably accurate) that he says SWTOR "made a 360". Learn geometry people!

No Dark Age of Camelot. This list is bogus.

I put enough hours into that game to earn a Ph.D. in it. Sadly, Mythic ruined it with realm points. When the realm vs. realm teamwork model became nothing more than individuals farming points for themselves, it lost what distinguished it from other games.