Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Where is the companion AI fix??

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Where is the companion AI fix??

Aiyle
03.15.2019 , 10:12 AM | #21
When I have to use a ranged comp for whatever reason right now, I turn sprint off (so the companion runs at the same speed I do) and keybind the companion's 'attack' to something easy (I have it to ctrl-z), then send them in one key press before I leap/charge/whatever. That way they move into range of the mobs prior to standing still, and as long as I don't go out of range, there's no problem. I don't have to turn passive on/off or any of that. It is a delay of a single key press, which is I suppose irritating, but certainly not game breaking. It's definitely a problem, but it's also one that can be gotten around with very very little effort, soooo.

LD_Little_Dragon
03.15.2019 , 11:38 AM | #22
Quote: Originally Posted by Aiyle View Post
When I have to use a ranged comp for whatever reason right now, I turn sprint off (so the companion runs at the same speed I do) and keybind the companion's 'attack' to something easy (I have it to ctrl-z), then send them in one key press before I leap/charge/whatever. That way they move into range of the mobs prior to standing still, and as long as I don't go out of range, there's no problem. I don't have to turn passive on/off or any of that. It is a delay of a single key press, which is I suppose irritating, but certainly not game breaking. It's definitely a problem, but it's also one that can be gotten around with very very little effort, soooo.
Sprint off? Seems easier to just put comp on passive, they'll stay right beside you while running, even using speed abilities.

Or alternatively if you mount/use rocket boost then the comp will spawn right beside you when you attack.
Stealthy heals, stealthy dps, stealthy tank.

Jdast
03.15.2019 , 01:45 PM | #23
One of the more annoying things in this thread is people telling us there is an easy 'workaround'. Not ONE person in this thread has suggested we don't get the so-called 'workaround.'

For me, I'm at a point in the game where the only thing I have left to do is Veteran and Master Mode solo play. And, for me, this is a huge deal.

You can say, "Dasty, aren't you the special snowflake! You think it's all about you." With respect, my response to that is..

"Damn right it's all about me. I'm the most unique snowflake that has ever existed." Why...<<sips martini>>

Because for me this is now essentially a solo game and because my guildmates on ESO literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I told them about the new so-called update while ignoring this bug.

For those trying to solo MM chapters and Vet FPs, this is a big deal. And if you choose to denigrate my playstyle, I have some choice words for you that will get me an infraction.

The irony is that the more annoying thing than the ranged bug is the LoS bug which impacts ALL companions, including melee.

<<sips martini and contemplates the ignorance of others>>

TL-DR: However you try and slice and dice this, this bug is clearly not a priority for BW.

Dasty

Aiyle
03.15.2019 , 02:15 PM | #24
Quote: Originally Posted by Jdast View Post
One of the more annoying things in this thread is people telling us there is an easy 'workaround'. Not ONE person in this thread has suggested we don't get the so-called 'workaround.'
It's a conversation about the bug, and other people are sharing their experience with it, which in some cases includes a workaround. Not ONE person in this thread has suggested that you don't get the so-called 'workaround' except for you.

Quote:
Because for me this is now essentially a solo game and because my guildmates on ESO literally LAUGHED OUT LOUD when I told them about the new so-called update while ignoring this bug.
So nobody else is allowed to give their input / talk about this unless they agree with you, because you need new friends?

Quote:
For those trying to solo MM chapters and Vet FPs, this is a big deal.
It's a big deal for everyone, not just your moon monkey self.

Quote:
And if you choose to denigrate my playstyle, I have some choice words for you that will get me an infraction.
Let's have them, then. I have no sympathy for your eventual infraction, as you clearly know better. People disagreeing with you isn't a personal attack. Let me repeat that a few times:

People disagreeing with you isn't a personal attack.

Quote:
<<sips martini and contemplates the ignorance of others>>
He/she who lives in a glass house should not be throwing stones.

Jdast
03.15.2019 , 02:19 PM | #25
I've been called many things in my life, but never a "moon monkey." What exactly is that?

Also please understand the distinction between "I find something annoying" vs. I'm saying "others don't have the privilege to post their views."

Perhaps, we come from different parts of the planet?

Dasty

P.S. I don't live in a glass house. I live in a Waterford Crystal house surrounded with a sprinkling of Swarovski crystals! <<sips martini>>

Aiyle
03.15.2019 , 02:28 PM | #26
'He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones' is a saying that means that someone who does something themselves probably shouldn't yell at other people for doing it.

In this scenario, I was referring to your obvious ignorance when coupled with the snide statement about other people being ignorant.

Since, you know, English is hard.

ETA: 'Moon monkey' is exactly what it sounds like: nonsense. There is no hidden meaning. When you insult/attack other people for doing something, it is an attempt to stop them from doing it. Thus, when you insult someone for offering their views, it absolutely implies that you do not want them to share their views. If you do not want them to get that impression, don't insult them for offering their opinion.

Jdast
03.15.2019 , 02:36 PM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by Aiyle View Post
'He who lives in a glass house should not throw stones' is a saying that means that someone who does something themselves probably shouldn't yell at other people for doing it.

In this scenario, I was referring to your obvious ignorance when coupled with the snide statement about other people being ignorant.

Since, you know, English is hard.

ETA: 'Moon monkey' is exactly what it sounds like: nonsense. There is no hidden meaning. When you insult/attack other people for doing something, it is an attempt to stop them from doing it. Thus, when you insult someone for offering their views, it absolutely implies that you do not want them to share their views. If you do not want them to get that impression, don't insult them for offering their opinion.
Sweepea,

I understand the expression about glass houses. I'm merely trying to educate you that I'm far, far better of a Hutt to live in a mere glass house. I'm worthy of the finest! <<tosses hapless Gamorrean guard into pit>>

I wasn't implying either that I don't want others to share their views. I absolutely relish the opportunity to inform others why they are wrong or are arrogantly refusing to understand a different perspective. Frankly, it fuels me and serves as a constant reminder about how my Hutt-like intelligence reigns supreme.

<<sips martini>> and it's Chopin vodka, I don't drink rail.

Dasty

KBerling
03.15.2019 , 02:40 PM | #28
Exactly right. The game is simply not playable as it is. If there are those who are playing at a sufficiently casual level that these heavily touted "workarounds" are effective, then that's wonderful for them. Party on! But at my level of play, very similar to what you're describing for yourself, the game is currently unplayable and the "workarounds" do nothing to improve things.

The fact that this total breakdown has not been resolved while the developers are gushing about lame improvements like a frickin' color wheel is an absolute insult to the quality this game once had.

jjoren
03.15.2019 , 03:10 PM | #29
Hopefully they'll fix the companions not resummoning in the Star Fortress.
"Come on out-I'll show you my gun"
Referral link http://www.swtor.com/r/DlzC45 for rewards!

FlameYOL
03.15.2019 , 04:47 PM | #30
Like others have said, it's annoying... but it's being worked on.
A man can have anything...If he's willing to sacrifice everything