Anybody else bored with this game?

RemyDMartin

As the title infers; I am bored with this game.

I have been playing sense beta, and honestly I really had high hopes for it.

I had been dreaming of it's release day sense back in the early 2000's when I first read a little blurb about the new project a KOTOR MMO game.

However, after getting a couple toons to 50. Playing thru a few different toons beyond their 2nd chapters...

I just can barely find myself even caring to log in. And worse yet, less and less invested in caring what is about ti happen to my creations...

It's becoming more and more predictable, every planet seems more and more like a horrible "Groundhogs day" remake to me...

My entire guild disbanded. Other guilds I joined were barely moving along, especially post 1.2

The server I am in seems more and more empty every time i log. High traffic hours, low traffic hours...

I will do an experiment on my day off tomorrow. Log in on the hour, starting at 9 or 10AM until 11PM and keep record.

Mind you, yes I am on a less populated server "Daviks Estate" but still my claims stay ...

Anyways, just curious if I was not the only one in this situation...extremely bored with this game.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You aren't the only one.

From my pov there is too little to do in this game and things are too restricted as well. The order of planets are always the same. The "end game content" is all about improving your predeterment gear and apart from the different storylines things are always the same.

You aren't the only one.

From my pov there is too little to do in this game and things are too restricted as well. The order of planets are always the same. The "end game content" is all about improving your predeterment gear and apart from the different storylines things are always the same.

That pretty much sums up every single mmorpg doesnt it?

That pretty much sums up every single mmorpg doesnt it?

Perhaps the current wow clone themepark buttonsmash mmo which includes this one, yes, However if you say that other star wars mmo which had to be closed down because of this one, then no.

No not bored yet .

Playing a Jedi guardian lvl 32 , bounty hunter lvl 9 and my favourite ....sith sorcerer lvl 16

I played wow for years , still subbed but almost expired. Swtor is close enough in gameplay to wow I'm getting my wow fix but in the star wars universe, which I enjoy more than wow.

I didn't raid in wow, only did the heroics so end game progression isn't an aspect of the game I'm interested in, but I do think it's important that end game appeals to players who want it

My personal enjoyment really comes down to the story telling + wow gameplay. I play with my partner and we are essentially playing an epic co-op story driven rpg with wow gameplay... And I love it.

Still , I agree with most of the criticisms the game receives. To really thrive as an mmo it's gonna need to bring the end game, but the levelling experience is the best I've ever experienced in an mmo.

Only gets boring if you make it boring just like life, doing the same thing everyday over and over of course it'll get boring. Take a break from it, i have a fiancee and a college life to keep me occupied and i still enjoy ToR as much as the first day i bought it. Its all about how you manage playing it, plan some events with your guild, start a 1v1 2v2 tourny like my guild does, we win prizes and involve imps in it too, dont wait for the MMO to give you things find things to do on your own.:)

Only gets boring if you make it boring just like life, doing the same thing everyday over and over of course it'll get boring. Take a break from it, i have a fiancee and a college life to keep me occupied and i still enjoy ToR as much as the first day i bought it. Its all about how you manage playing it, plan some events with your guild, start a 1v1 2v2 tourny like my guild does, we win prizes and involve imps in it too, dont wait for the MMO to give you things find things to do on your own.:)

This should win the post of the week award.

Be proactive!!! :jawa_smile:

Even though it is repetitive, this is the classic MMORPG structure. Yes, there isn't a HUGE variety of things to do but the game is only 2-3 months old. You can't exactly compare it to WoW which has been around for god knows how long and has multiple expansions.

I'm here because I love Star Wars and I'll play whetever MMO has the title...my original game was taken from me so Lucas could make more money on this one. That's why I hate the whiners...if you hate this game so much don't make a post to whine, just go back to your game because YOU STILL CAN!!! (not directed at you OP)

For the most part I'm enjoying it, but if you're bored go find something else. You'll be back and just imagine how awesome this game will be in 2-3 years!! There is a great foundation here, it's gonna have some growing pains and some mistakes but in the end this will be one of the best MMO's on the market...mark my words!!

Really though, it sounds like things've run their course and you're at the end of your rope. I'm sorry for you...I truly hope you find something else that entertains your more to your liking but seriously come back after some time and check out the game again...it's gonna be slow but it's gonna get better.

Edited by MetalHed

I finally made it to level 40 today, rolled an alt and found out its just the same old quests over again, well minus your class quest :confused:

Yea, pretty much. What got me is how it is literally the same quest line also they just replace certain things "Oh thank god Havoc Squad is here!" now says "Oh thank god a jedi is here!" ... but it is true, people seem to expect the same from all mmorpg's ... but really, is it us who determine the content anymore?

I only ask this because, although it is fantasy and therefor imo should not get compared to a sci-fi game Dark Ages of Camelot seemed to somehow keep me interested a lot longer than this game has.

A big part for me is the visual experience, I mean again it is not a true comparison but another game I played DC Universe Online was enjoyable not because of the daily grind so much as the fact you could change your costumes and keep the stats of the best armor you had received EG : You can rock the style set of any gear collected (and purchase more from venders that you like) while keeping the stats of the best armor you currently own.

Another thing is like was stated earlier, the game play is the same planets EVERY time... Just short of switching Alderaan for Tatooine which really does not change much....

I know this is asking too much being as the game already is created and out there so no going back now...

From the replies though, it is nice to know I am not alone.

And also, people who just play it because it is Starwars...I am surprised you can consider this game even close to as fun as other options...Rogue Squareness has more replay value imo. Sense growing bored of this game, slowly from beginning of April until now... I have replayed, Jedi Academy, Rogue Squadron, SW Commando, Battle Front 1 and 2 , hell I even tapped into the leggo vault for a bit ... there just to me, seems like a lot of mundane time sinks in this game and not enough "creative outlets" for me not to leave this game...maybe forever.

As for the "make it more fun" idea...man, I may be in a smaller server but honestly...there is not a lot of room in this game for creative outlets when it comes to creating your own adventure ... now, Galaxy you could create a house, or pimp your star ship, or go to a cantina and watch dancers...this game you can ... go to outlaws den hoping for some action...go to illum hope for a fair fight...go to belsalvis do the same thing as day before and day before that...find enough people to grin through karagga's palace again...or punk the Rakatta king ... not saying this wont change because it will ... i mean just last week I got to see a bunch of naked people exploding in the middle of the fleet or dessert...yay? ... personally I feel it should have been more like a "don't catch the sickness" type thing...but maybe that's just me in the whole "make this a reality away from reality" scenario.

But yea, i will just go back to more real life stuff maybe write a few good stories and finally finish the "Poke-MMO" presentation for Nintendo Redmond i've been holding onto for the last ten years...

Hell who knows...just fun to see I am not alone.

GL Bioware, I know you wont need it. For what it is worth, the first two months were FANTASTIC.

Have you considered not playing for a bit? Maybe reading a book, watching a movie, or gods forfend, leaving the house and going out and socializing?

Seriously, the number one indication that you need to get out more is that you are playing so much you are bored but you play anyway.

Have you considered not playing for a bit? Maybe reading a book, watching a movie, or gods forfend, leaving the house and going out and socializing?

Seriously, the number one indication that you need to get out more is that you are playing so much you are bored but you play anyway.

Umm...yea, did you even read what I wrote? haha.

I do get out, hell I just spent 4 or 5 days away from the game working and doing a small two day tour with my friends band who were out a guitarist...

It is not so much, taking breaks for this game as ... repetitive game play.

And before you say "well, that's MMO for you" ... it actually isn't. That is "what they want you to think so they can grind money off mediocrity" for you ...

So, long story short...I have been back home for about a day and a half so far and yet to even wish to log back into my account. Maybe after a few months...but honestly, I doubt it. Not until I can get more versatility in the game. more replay factor. I mean, I have only two level 50's and a bunch of level 20-40's ... but it's not changing the fact every time I log back in my alts the initial reaction is "ugh...tatooine...again...." rinse and repeat for just about every planet where my toons is located...

Like I said, games already out nothing to be done about it. I am more happy just to know I am not alone in feeling bored...it's not even "no end game" situation...more of the Alts are even boring now...and having next to no one online when I get on even at 5PM Eastern on an Eastern Server.

My personal PDF recipe for not getting bored with a game (especially a mmo):

-Priority: gaming should be among the last things on your list, so many things should come first (family, work, personal aspirations, chores, exercising, volunteering)

-Diversity: play many games, if possible many kinds (rts, fps, srpg, etc.) and/or cultivate many hobbies

-Friendly: play with your friends, the games become a gazillion times better

It worked for me since 1985.

My personal PDF recipe for not getting bored with a game (especially a mmo):

-Priority: gaming should be among the last things on your list, so many things should come first (family, work, personal aspirations, chores, exercising, volunteering)

-Diversity: play many games, if possible many kinds (rts, fps, srpg, etc.) and/or cultivate many hobbies

-Friendly: play with your friends, the games become a gazillion times better

It worked for me since 1985.

Haha yea, for sure. You got a few years on me as I am a 90's child born in 86'

I have gone back to other games, currently playing 7 Kingdoms , Arcanum of Steamworks and Magic Obscura, and pretty much all of my SW games...

I'm more so just bored with this game all round. I feel like i might just becoming less and less an MMO type personality...or B: This game just in the end was not for me.

When I was in high school we used to have lan parties for Warcraft 3.5 aka 3 w/ expansion and C&C Generals so I dig the "game with friends" idea...hell, I had a guild in SW:tOR even found another after that one disbanded...I was just one of the last of my "guilds" to find the game a little too "boring"...

Thank you for the recipe. I will seriously take it to heart. It has been a while sense I called my mother to see how she was...there goes at least 3 hours of my time right there ;)

Yawn another of these. Lightsaber ftw. No I'm not bored. Yes I've levelled more than one 50, and I've swapped servers and re-rolled more than once. Yes I've played the same 4 warzones endless amounts of time and yes I'm in the middle of grinding for PvP gear. But no, I'm not bored. The game is great and has plenty to keep me here. I honestly, honestly don't understand what people expect these days.

I've always found the first year of an MMO to the worst. The games lack features, end game is there but not much of it and the path to level cap is the same regardless of MMO as you follow the dots to ding.

I'll wait untill the first expansion and see how SW:TOR develops but for now I look foward to raiding a few nights per week and doing the odd bit of PvP.

If I need a break then I'll hop onto ME3 multiplayer or BF3 and come back later :)