Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

6.0 in Summary - A Tale of Credit Sinks

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
6.0 in Summary - A Tale of Credit Sinks

DavidAtkinson
01.10.2020 , 02:19 PM | #91
As much as it pains me, I have to agree with this...

Onslaught just sucks out the credits out of you if you are actually bothering to gear up properly and are looking to reroll the correct amps for your class/spec .

The radio silence of devs since 6.0 regarding anything in this game is just even more baffling honestly. There are numerous reported problems since this expansion came out, but there isn't any hope of fixing them any time soon. Some of these problems are quite game breaking honestly.....

I seem to be earning way too little credits compared to what i spend in a week in my * quest * of properly gearing my alts with other classes I'd like to play in PVP . Not fair if you ask me. Crafting does not interest me... because it's ***** and the other parts of the game just give way too little. the only hope is conquest .
Click the link below if you want to try out the game for 7 days as a sub or want extra game time added for free, enjoy:

http://www.swtor.com/r/3Qgyzv

JattaGin
01.10.2020 , 05:11 PM | #92
Quote: Originally Posted by DavidAtkinson View Post
The radio silence of devs since 6.0 regarding anything in this game is just even more baffling honestly.
Is it though?

I mean, isn't this the one single thing that we all could be absolutely sure about after 6.0? At this point, I don't believe any of the regulars here on this board anymore that they are baffled / confused / shocked / irritated etc. about BW's (lack of) communication. It's not like we don't have years of experience with exactly this. Did anyone really think it would suddenly change?

Ontopic: I only play seldomly these days, but even I have lost a lot of credits since 6.0 And I only have one new gear set so far.
Bioware offers a friend referal system which gives referred players a couple of goodies (incl. 7 free days of sub and a neat free 10 x inventory slot for every character) and referring players some little shinies and cartel coins.
I would be happy if you choose my referral link to grab your free goodies.

TrixxieTriss
01.10.2020 , 10:38 PM | #93
This post is just as relevant here as the other thread I posted it in about the game breaking bugs.
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
The Dev silence on these issues is deafening

How many people are leaving the game because of it? Who knows, but I’ve come across people saying they’ve had enough.

And Biowares continued silence is re-enforcing the perception they don’t care and won’t fix them.

I can not understand their “head in the sand attitude”. These problems aren’t going away and people are leaving the game again because of it. This totally blows my mind when all it takes is a few posts a week and continued communication by the community manager to keep people informed.

Do Bioware Devs even know about these problems? How are we supposed to know when the community manager goes afk. He is essentially costing Bioware money because he isn’t doing his job “again”.
Musco and Bioware going AFK is nothing new. But I feel it’s having a bigger impact this time than before because of all the game breaking bugs and also extremely poor design of some changes after they asked for feed back on the pts and didn’t listen,

All it takes is a few mins of Eric’s time to post a few times a week to keep players updated. But he doesn’t do it. Wether that’s because he’s been told not to or he doesn’t care and Bioware don’t care either. Either way, it’s an F ing stupid way to do business because people leave the game. Which loses Bioware and EA money. In any other business they would have been sacked.

aerockyul
01.11.2020 , 02:03 PM | #94
Quote: Originally Posted by TrixxieTriss View Post
This post is just as relevant here as the other thread I posted it in about the game breaking bugs.

Musco and Bioware going AFK is nothing new. But I feel it’s having a bigger impact this time than before because of all the game breaking bugs and also extremely poor design of some changes after they asked for feed back on the pts and didn’t listen,

All it takes is a few mins of Eric’s time to post a few times a week to keep players updated. But he doesn’t do it. Wether that’s because he’s been told not to or he doesn’t care and Bioware don’t care either. Either way, it’s an F ing stupid way to do business because people leave the game. Which loses Bioware and EA money. In any other business they would have been sacked.
It’s their model though. Not to worry about the people like us that stay with the game throughout each major patch, but to cater to the people that drop in for a couple weeks and then dip out. What will those people care about any of this since they’re already long gone and will come in oblivious to all this in the next cycle? Hence the long bouts of non-communication until too soon before the next patch
Keeya, Lill'ya, Ainyalah, Vaisis, Wrathiva
Kahntara, Kaytee'roxx, Leczee Eko'va, Misphire
Jaista, Katie Bee Referrals

TrixxieTriss
01.11.2020 , 08:46 PM | #95
Quote: Originally Posted by Boldersixthree View Post
This recent guide has that language in the gearing> amplifier section

https://vulkk.com/2020/01/05/swtor-6...per-pve-guide/
It’s not bad, but it’s limited to one class spec and doesn’t discuss pvp. So some of his assumptions that power and mastery and endurance are capped in everything but the lvl 75 OP and FP is not 100% accurate. Which also means his numbers on accuracy aren’t right for pvp either.

What I’m looking for is absolute, BiS slot everything. With 29 versions of every mod, enhancement, Armoring, hilt and barrel, it would be good to know the exact ones to keep and which ones to deconstruct.

TrixxieTriss
01.11.2020 , 09:05 PM | #96
Quote: Originally Posted by aerockyul View Post
It’s their model though. Not to worry about the people like us that stay with the game throughout each major patch, but to cater to the people that drop in for a couple weeks and then dip out. What will those people care about any of this since they’re already long gone and will come in oblivious to all this in the next cycle? Hence the long bouts of non-communication until too soon before the next patch
Yeah, but it should be obvious to everyone by now that those who leave because of the problems, don’t always come back (including those who come and go). This has had a continued diminishing affect on the game’s population.

If a returning or new player comes to the game and sees broken stuff, they often leave and think swtors a bit of a joke. Many don’t return and they will disparage the game on social media and when taking to other gamers.

One thing I remember from my first job at McD’s, that’s stayed with me for the last 30+ years, was for every customer who complains, they will tell 5 people, who will tell 3-5 people and so on. Their own research showed for every bad experience the customers had, approximately 50 we told about it,
And other researched showed for everyone who complained to McD, there were 20 customers who did not complain and they also told 5 other people, etc, etc.
But for every positive resolution a customer had for a complaint, they told more people than 5.

This was drilled into us, over and over. Back in the day, McDs customer service and training was the gold standard that all CS was based off. That has obviously changed over the years because they are bad now.
But the principles are still true.

So for everyone who comes to the forums and says they are leaving, there are many more who just leave. For every player who gives Bioware a reason in the unsub feed back questionnaire, there are many who just leave.
All of these players will tell other people not to play the game or how broken it is or any number of negative things,

BioWare could help mitigate this by communicating more and fixing things. Their attitude to players and their bad CS and management is the worst I’ve every experienced. In any other business model they would have gone bankrupt.