★ SWTOR Juggernaut Immortal PvP Video ★

Hey guys here it is my first proper PvP 55 video, and its Immortal. Really enjoying Immortal at the moment, I am also still trying out different armor builds, for this video I stacked endurance. I show stats and skill tree at the end. Please feel free to post comments and I will try to respond to them as fast as I can.

Thank you again to everyone that posted in my last tanking topic.

Hey there.

I think your editing is great. The video quality is excellent. Yes immortal jug action is great, good stuff you captured.

I've been a fan in the past( never finished any of your videos ), but I've liked your work. This time?

Whoa man, what's up with the horrid music? Your vid is what 18 mins long, I watched as long as it took to skip in search of better music... and none was to come. You gotta work on that in my opinion. Shorten the length, and try to condense the focal points. This flick was very " DIRE'esque", ( I've never finished any of Dire's vids either) and only fanbois would sit through the whole video on baited breath.

Edited by UncleOst
Spelling

1:45 You use intimidating roar on an enemy, then turn around and force push him (incorrectly) into the catwalk instead of the acid. (If he had actually fallen in the acid you would have made it easier for him to get out of the acid because you gave him full resolve.) Also, during this time, you just kind of stand around and do nothing. No damage. While it looks like you were waiting to be passed the ball, you should always be doing something to pressure the enemy.

2:01 You spam chilling scream for no reason. There are no enemies near you. I understand this is probably habit; but it's actually a rather bad habit. Just because it's free doesn't mean you should waste the GCD on spamming it unnecessarily. Even if enemies are nearby chilling scream only needs to be applied or mixed into your rotation about every 3-4 abilities unless you are trying to apply the slow to enemies that are newly entering the fray.

4:45 Jumping while slowed; contrarily to popular belief does not increase your speed, you travel at the same speed. The only time jumping helps when in the acid is your initial jump *over* into the middle of the acid, and then once again while getting out in a rush to get to middle. (or out of middle)

5:05-5:06 You fail to actually pass the huttball correctly and miss the operative completely. (No he wasn't stealthed either.) You had nearly no enemies on you and could have easily just walked it into the endzone. You also had saber reflect ready in case (somehow) you got focus fired.

0:00-5:06 (Entire Huttball match). You weren't really up against any really skilled enemies. They constantly gave you jumping points to get to and failed to remove your allies ( for possible intercede targets) from the catwalks. Huttball is all about control and your enemies clearly did not understand that. No offense, but you didn't really exhibit any special skills or knowledge of your juggernaut thus far.

5:21 - More spamming of chilling scream even though enemies aren't even near you until a few seconds later.

6:08-6:30 Literally all you do for 22 seconds (give or take a few before 6:08) was spam chilling scream. Run back and forth, spam more chilling scream. Use Intimidating Roar, use more chilling scream. (At this point you were capped out on rage) and then use Force scream and Threatening Shout. Then more chilling scream. Finally at 6:29 you force push and then force leap onto a guy. But you were capped out on rage for a much longer period then you should have been.

Sidenote: Just because you are a tank does not mean you shouldn't maximize your damage in a warzone as much as possible. Part of this is because this will help when using controlled burst well-timed on targets; another part of this is because nearly every single ability in an Immortal Juggernaut's arsenal is there to improve their defences. Crushing Blow improves our damage reduction and allows immediate use of retaliation (which further improves our defense chance for a small period of time)

9:00 4 Enemies Versus 1 Juggernaut. And they can't kill you while running from west to east...a 4v1 in ANY situation with competent players will result in you getting liquified fast. It's clear that the enemy player do not know how to properly DPS you because a lone juggernaut with no healing support in a 4v1 scenario should not survive that long against competent enemies.

I honestly stopped watching about here. The amount of egregious errors; either by you or your enemies doesn't really warrant the making of a PvP video. I'm not asking for "action shot compilations" but rather displays of skill, or well timed usage of abilities that turn around clutch situations. I don't really condone another YouTube video of moderate skill since they are about a dime a dozen. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh; but I'm merely pointing out the flaws I saw in your play and giving you my opinion on them. This is coming from a Juggernaut who achieved War Hero before the valor gains increase in 1.1.5 and PvP'd both as pure Immortal and Hybrid Immortal/Vengeance all the way up to 2.0 (I'm back to Pure Immortal for the time being in 2.0 now).

WOW! That has to be the most pedantic reply to a post I have ever seen XD

At the end of the day, not every player is perfect, however the way you replied to this post is like there is absolutely nothing at all good in that video. Which isn't the case.

You're obviously the best Tank in the world...Why don't you post a video with you displaying your AMAZING skills.

Drackul is an extremely good tank, having played with him for a while now, I know that I'm much better off with him than most other tanks.

I should imagine whatever is said in response to your torrent of pedantic BS, you'll probably write another long and boring post about why you're the best and he's not.

<delete>

Edited by CommunityDroidDE

1:45 You use intimidating roar on an enemy, then turn around and force push him (incorrectly) into the catwalk instead of the acid. (If he had actually fallen in the acid you would have made it easier for him to get out of the acid because you gave him full resolve.) Also, during this time, you just kind of stand around and do nothing. No damage. While it looks like you were waiting to be passed the ball, you should always be doing something to pressure the enemy.

Really I mean really, after I got through the first part I could not get my head around how some one could write this dribble, I am not going to spend ages going through every thing you wrote, its all nonsense. So ill pick my Favorites.

1. Pushing a guy into a catwalk - Dude I cc'ed more than one person and I wanted a reset on my leap and to clear the path for the pass. And that's... it whats all the crap about failing at pushing someone into the acid and making it easier for him to get out because I would have given him full resolve. Are you kidding me.

2. Spamming Chilling scream, why the hell you got a problem with me spamming chilling scream, why would you NOT, O wait because I waste the GCD on it... for real. Ill give you a couple of reasons why - Stealth class, Some one leaping to me, all the stuff going on behind me I can not see, and because there is no reason what so ever to not spam it.

3. You had a problem with me jumping through the acid instead of walking - at this point I knew you did not like me and I was even starting to think that maybe we beat you in a huttball and thats why you where bitter.

4. You fail to actually pass the huttball correctly and miss the operative completely - LOL I passed the ball to my guild mate for lol's for the very last goal and it did not miss that was the goal that ended the game.

5. No offense, but you didn't really exhibit any special skills or knowledge of your juggernaut thus far - You know what... I dont even think you have a juggernaut.

Ill stop there, those where the best bits for me.

UncleOst - sorry you did not like the music on this video but I had to go with some non-copyright music so all countries could watch this video, I think my last 2 vids Germany could not watch them :(

AGSThomas - Thanks man :)

WOW! That has to be the most pedantic reply to a post I have ever seen XD

At the end of the day, not every player is perfect, however the way you replied to this post is like there is absolutely nothing at all good in that video. Which isn't the case.

You're obviously the best Tank in the world...Why don't you post a video with you displaying your AMAZING skills.

Drackul is an extremely good tank, having played with him for a while now, I know that I'm much better off with him than most other tanks.

I should imagine whatever is said in response to your torrent of pedantic BS, you'll probably write another long and boring post about why you're the best and he's not.

I never said he was a "bad" tank; nor did I say I was the best. (You said that; which is called putting words in my mouth) I just said from his PvP play (of which he is showcasing) I didn't see anything to write home about. By the way...why are you even "defending" him? It's his video. If he posts a video online, he should expect feedback; both positive and negative.

It's not like I'm pointing out flaws for the sake of pointing out flaws. I pointed out the flaws and even gave tips on some on how to improve. I gave specific points during the fight that could have been done a lot better; and my position on this is because I too have played Juggernaut Immortal spec for a very long time. Maybe I didn't sugarcoat my response; but then again I'm not your mother either. You want unconditional niceness? Go to your family.

If you're going to to disagree or argue about something, at least do so with some dignity or a modicum of forethought that doesn't require you to Google search your favorite word of the day (read: Pedantic)

P.S. Your response doesn't even rate a DH2 (http://www.paulgraham.com/disagree.html )

Edited by CommunityDroidDE

3. You had a problem with me jumping through the acid instead of walking - at this point I knew you did not like me and I was even starting to think that maybe we beat you in a huttball and thats why you where bitter.

Yea...I don't even know who you are. I was just giving you advice; maybe you didn't like it but that's your choice. Also, I play on Harbinger (West Coast US Server) , not on any EU servers...so there's also that...

And lastly there's the fact that I live in the US. Tell me again...why would I play on an EU server where my ping would be most likely double or triple that of ANY of the US servers again?

Sorry, but I pointed out the flaws. It's not that I don't "like" you spamming it; but it's unnecessary. I pointed out all the reasons and your rebuttal is essentially "I don't believe you have a juggernaut" which is about as mature as saying "LOL NO U" so yea I'm done here. I guess the significant people in your life didn't tell you that there would be times people might actually disagree with you *GASP*. The horror! Someone doesn't agree with you? Better resort to name-calling and other forms of ad-hominem attacks!

Yea...I don't even know who you are. I was just giving you advice; maybe you didn't like it but that's your choice. Also, I play on Harbinger (West Coast US Server) , not on any EU servers...so there's also that...

And lastly there's the fact that I live in the US. Tell me again...why would I play on an EU server where my ping would be most likely double or triple that of ANY of the US servers again?

Sorry, but I pointed out the flaws. It's not that I don't "like" you spamming it; but it's unnecessary. I pointed out all the reasons and your rebuttal is essentially "I don't believe you have a juggernaut" which is about as mature as saying "LOL NO U" so yea I'm done here. I guess the significant people in your life didn't tell you that there would be times people might actually disagree with you *GASP*. The horror! Someone doesn't agree with you? Better resort to name-calling and other forms of ad-hominem attacks!

You not liking me spamming it does not make it a flaw, jumping through the acid pit over walking through it does not make it a flaw when there are no down sides to said actions. On the plus side if that's what you can pick out of the video for being "flaws" then all is good. Wait I did not call you any names. Yes please stop posting here.

Edited by i_noface_i
Missed somthing

Video was entertaining, Not being a Fanboy of Drackul's I can say this, I managed to watch the whole video, and was suprised at just how well he plays...fast targeting and faster exicutions,

Word of the day

(Pickleweasal)

I know this is a couple of days old but just wanted to say thanks for uploading the video, it was an interesting watch (apart from I now have your music stuck in my head and I haven't got any work done for the past 10 minutes :( )

I have had a Jugg (Guardian actually) since Beta but have spent very little time on Immortal up until now when I am returning to my "traditional" sword and board tanking roots. This video was very useful to get me thinking about tactics and situational abilities.

2. Spamming Chilling scream, why the hell you got a problem with me spamming chilling scream, why would you NOT, O wait because I waste the GCD on it... for real. Ill give you a couple of reasons why - Stealth class, Some one leaping to me, all the stuff going on behind me I can not see, and because there is no reason what so ever to not spam it.

I actually just had a moment where I sat there and wondered why the heck I had never thought of that. You learn something new everyday! Out of interest, does this break stealth or do you use it purely as a way to slow anyone who might be about to burst you (heh, right) down? From experience I don't *think* I've ever been broken out of stealth with it but I could be wrong.

At the risk of duplicating the question asked in the other thread, I was wondering if you might share a little bit about what sort of gear you're wearing - someone mentioned that you use Endurance augments, and I didn't see the heal on Intercede so assume you didn't go for the Vindicator set bonus, so is the rest just straight up Conqueror/Partisan War Leader? I know of course there are plenty of other threads that discuss this such as the one you started yourself about gearing up for Immortal, I was just wondering what worked for you in this video. :)

I would have asked in the other thread but I wanted to post here to say thanks again for the video. :)

J

Edited by JarenWelen

I actually just had a moment where I sat there and wondered why the heck I had never thought of that. You learn something new everyday! Out of interest, does this break stealth or do you use it purely as a way to slow anyone who might be about to burst you (heh, right) down? From experience I don't *think* I've ever been broken out of stealth with it but I could be wrong.

At the risk of duplicating the question asked in the other thread, I was wondering if you might share a little bit about what sort of gear you're wearing - someone mentioned that you use Endurance augments, and I didn't see the heal on Intercede so assume you didn't go for the Vindicator set bonus, so is the rest just straight up Conqueror/Partisan War Leader? I know of course there are plenty of other threads that discuss this such as the one you started yourself about gearing up for Immortal, I was just wondering what worked for you in this video. :)

I would have asked in the other thread but I wanted to post here to say thanks again for the video. :)

J

Just FYI, I also spam chilling scream all the time, even when I am solo guarding. It does not bring a stealther out of stealth, however it does slow them down. And the ignorant stealthers won't even approach you, because they think it will unstealth them. I also use it every once in a while in a big skirmish, because it is very annoying for dps to be suddenly slowed down like that. And after all it is free, so there is no downside.

I like augmenting endurance, because it increases endurepain + medpack, intercede heals (from 2 pc vind, rest war leader) and HoTs from enraged defense. It's hilarious when a sorc puts crushing darkness on you ticking for 300, and your Hots are ticking for 1.2k. Your self heal REQUIRES you to be taking damage, so the best time is to activate it when you have a dot. Just remember to feed it rage, and back off on the attacks a bit when it is active. It is not uncommon to get 100k+ healing as a tank in wzs with these techniques.

Just FYI, I also spam chilling scream all the time, even when I am solo guarding. It does not bring a stealther out of stealth, however it does slow them down. And the ignorant stealthers won't even approach you, because they think it will unstealth them. I also use it every once in a while in a big skirmish, because it is very annoying for dps to be suddenly slowed down like that. And after all it is free, so there is no downside.

I like augmenting endurance, because it increases endurepain + medpack, intercede heals (from 2 pc vind, rest war leader) and HoTs from enraged defense. It's hilarious when a sorc puts crushing darkness on you ticking for 300, and your Hots are ticking for 1.2k. Your self heal REQUIRES you to be taking damage, so the best time is to activate it when you have a dot. Just remember to feed it rage, and back off on the attacks a bit when it is active. It is not uncommon to get 100k+ healing as a tank in wzs with these techniques.

Great points and tips, thanks for the response. :)

J

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

Whenever I get a package of plain M&Ms, I make it my duty to continue the strength and robustness of the candy as a species. To this end, I hold M&M duels.

Taking two candies between my thumb and forefinger, I apply pressure, squeezing them together until one of them cracks and splinters. That is the "loser," and I eat the inferior one immediately. The winner gets to go another round.

I have found that, in general, the brown and red M&Ms are tougher, and the newer blue ones are genetically inferior. I have hypothesized that the blue M&Ms as a race cannot survive long in the intense theater of competition that is the modern candy and snack-food world.

Occasionally I will get a mutation, a candy that is misshapen, or pointier, or flatter than the rest. Almost invariably this proves to be a weakness, but on very rare occasions it gives the candy extra strength. In this way, the species continues to adapt to its environment.

When I reach the end of the pack, I am left with one M&M, the strongest of the herd. Since it would make no sense to eat this one as well, I pack it neatly in an envelope and send it to M&M Mars, A Division of Mars, Inc., Hackettstown, NJ 17840-1503 U.S.A., along with a 3x5 card reading, "Please use this M&M for breeding purposes."

This week they wrote back to thank me, and sent me a coupon for a free 1/2 pound bag of plain M&Ms. I consider this "grant money." I have set aside the weekend for a grand tournament. From a field of hundreds, we will discover the True Champion.

There can be only one.

...good grief.

Wish I had some of what this guy's smoking.

Sorry. OCD kicking in. You should probably go ahead and max affection with your companions. I noticed at the end you're below 91% accuracy for melee meaning you don't have max affection with at least one of your companions.

Next, you took Ravager but I barely ever see you use it. As a tank your job isn't to Ravage, it's to support and debuff. Might want to consider Decimate instead to help spread those Smash debuffs.

I run max expertise, I'm not sure why you wouldn't, especially as a tank.

Lastly as a general commentary on your gameplay, you subject yourself to a lot of unnecessary damage in Huttball, walking through fire and acid pits and the like. Whether or not that was for theatrical purposes, it's never a good idea.

2:01 You spam chilling scream for no reason. There are no enemies near you. I understand this is probably habit; but it's actually a rather bad habit. Just because it's free doesn't mean you should waste the GCD on spamming it unnecessarily. Even if enemies are nearby chilling scream only needs to be applied or mixed into your rotation about every 3-4 abilities unless you are trying to apply the slow to enemies that are newly entering the fray.

4:45 Jumping while slowed; contrarily to popular belief does not increase your speed, you travel at the same speed. The only time jumping helps when in the acid is your initial jump *over* into the middle of the acid, and then once again while getting out in a rush to get to middle. (or out of middle)

5:05-5:06 You fail to actually pass the huttball correctly and miss the operative completely. (No he wasn't stealthed either.) You had nearly no enemies on you and could have easily just walked it into the endzone. You also had saber reflect ready in case (somehow) you got focus fired.

0:00-5:06 (Entire Huttball match). You weren't really up against any really skilled enemies. They constantly gave you jumping points to get to and failed to remove your allies ( for possible intercede targets) from the catwalks. Huttball is all about control and your enemies clearly did not understand that. No offense, but you didn't really exhibit any special skills or knowledge of your juggernaut thus far.

5:21 - More spamming of chilling scream even though enemies aren't even near you until a few seconds later.

6:08-6:30 Literally all you do for 22 seconds (give or take a few before 6:08) was spam chilling scream. Run back and forth, spam more chilling scream. Use Intimidating Roar, use more chilling scream. (At this point you were capped out on rage) and then use Force scream and Threatening Shout. Then more chilling scream. Finally at 6:29 you force push and then force leap onto a guy. But you were capped out on rage for a much longer period then you should have been.

Sidenote: Just because you are a tank does not mean you shouldn't maximize your damage in a warzone as much as possible. Part of this is because this will help when using controlled burst well-timed on targets; another part of this is because nearly every single ability in an Immortal Juggernaut's arsenal is there to improve their defences. Crushing Blow improves our damage reduction and allows immediate use of retaliation (which further improves our defense chance for a small period of time)

9:00 4 Enemies Versus 1 Juggernaut. And they can't kill you while running from west to east...a 4v1 in ANY situation with competent players will result in you getting liquified fast. It's clear that the enemy player do not know how to properly DPS you because a lone juggernaut with no healing support in a 4v1 scenario should not survive that long against competent enemies.

I honestly stopped watching about here. The amount of egregious errors; either by you or your enemies doesn't really warrant the making of a PvP video. I'm not asking for "action shot compilations" but rather displays of skill, or well timed usage of abilities that turn around clutch situations. I don't really condone another YouTube video of moderate skill since they are about a dime a dozen. I'm sorry if this comes off as harsh; but I'm merely pointing out the flaws I saw in your play and giving you my opinion on them. This is coming from a Juggernaut who achieved War Hero before the valor gains increase in 1.1.5 and PvP'd both as pure Immortal and Hybrid Immortal/Vengeance all the way up to 2.0 (I'm back to Pure Immortal for the time being in 2.0 now).

wow .. wow .. wow ..

you my friend are a total jerk.

This is coming from a Juggernaut who achieved War Hero before the valor gains increase in 1.1.5 and PvP'd both as pure Immortal and Hybrid Immortal/Vengeance all the way up to 2.0

Watch out guys!

Good video mate, you're a beast!

Edited by JamieM

JarenWelen: Yes I was using Endurance augments for this video build, I now have the Vindicator set bonus with main gear Partisan with Conqueror ear, implants and relics that are Conqueror Relic of the Fortunate Redoubt and Conqueror Relic of Shield Amplification. I hope this helps.

SlimsPicken - amazing post, you would fit in with our guild.

TalonKorr - When Broonmark start's making sense then he will get his companion gifts ;) but really I am on it. +41 End or +41 Exp... I just really really like HP. Yes I am thinking about taking 2 points out of ravager and putting them in Dreadnaught or Decimate.

Lastly as a general commentary on your gameplay, you subject yourself to a lot of unnecessary damage in Huttball, walking through fire and acid pits and the like. Whether or not that was for theatrical purposes, it's never a good idea.

I agree - please don't try this at home.