Sooo when are discounted server transfers ending (or will they be up indefinitely)?

Talon_strikes

I thought they were going to end last week on Tuesday, but then I heard they were gonna be extended till this past Tuesday. I still see them up. I'd just like to know when they're going to be taken out.

Or, if by any chance they will be staying indefinitely? I'd prefer for them to stay.

• Dev Post
I thought they were going to end last week on Tuesday, but then I heard they were gonna be extended till this past Tuesday. I still see them up. I'd just like to know when they're going to be taken out.

Or, if by any chance they will be staying indefinitely? I'd prefer for them to stay.

Shhhh!!! They'll notice!

Thanks for the reminder Talon! We have gone ahead and lifted the sale price.

Kidding, I am kidding.

We are going to be leaving the discounted transfer costs as-is for the foreseeable future. I will be sure to give you all at least a week of notice if/when the price is going to go back up.

-eric

Kidding, I am kidding.

We are going to be leaving the discounted transfer costs as-is for the foreseeable future. I will be sure to give you all at least a week of notice if/when the price is going to go back up.

-eric

Can I hug you? :D Thanks for leaving the discounted price.

-eric

Good news for everyone.

Even better if you had said so before being asked. :D

Anyone taking bets, and at what odds, on this part? :cool:

Edited by Andryah

This means they are giving everyone the chance to get off of the quiet servers instead of doing mergers.

So let's say they do that what then happens to the hundreds of inactive accounts sitting on those 'quiet servers' do they just delete them when the server is eventually turned off?

Woohoo we can continue to let Harbinger ruin the economy of every other server.

YEA! Isn't it great? Instead of actually fixing the issue and merging servers, we get this asinine method that does nothing and instead adds to issues. The discounted transfers are mostly being used by people to transfer around and exploit server economies via buying/selling on GTN. Yay #1 credit farming method! I'm sure the bots love it too! Just load up on the dead servers and easily transfer their credits to the 5 alive servers.

YEA! Isn't it great? Instead of actually fixing the issue and merging servers, we get this asinine method that does nothing and instead adds to issues. The discounted transfers are mostly being used by people to transfer around and exploit server economies via buying/selling on GTN. Yay #1 credit farming method! I'm sure the bots love it too! Just load up on the dead servers and easily transfer their credits to the 5 alive servers.

Exactly.

Kidding, I am kidding.

-eric

That made me laugh - thanks for trying to keep the mood light Eric...I know it's gotta be hard at times but it is noticed and is appreciated :)

-eric

You really should have left it at that and lifted the sale price then tomorrow put it back and say you were kidding. Eric needs to get in touch with the dark side.

Edited by HelinCarnate

So let's say they do that what then happens to the hundreds of inactive accounts sitting on those 'quiet servers' do they just delete them when the server is eventually turned off?

Unless you are one of those inactive accounts, why do you care?

As for the inactive accounts... they are INACTIVE.. and as such their owners could care less, until such time as they come back.. and when/if they do... they too can have 90cc transfers.

But let's say they close a server down the road..... they would do what they always do..... move inactive characters to a server of the studios choosing.

Stop making issues out of thin air.

So that permanent sale means they will not do anything at all about populations issues. There's 3 french servers and not one of them is worh transfering on, people just give up now and leave for english servers.

The french community was already in bad shape, this will kill what remains of it.

So that permanent sale means they will not do anything at all about populations issues. There's 3 french servers and not one of them is worh transfering on, people just give up now and leave for english servers.

The french community was already in bad shape, this will kill what remains of it.

What exactly do you expect the studio to do about three dead French servers? They can't make French speaking players play the game. Sounds to me like a lot of French players probably already transferred during previous sales. You can too.

Expecting everyone to play on the same few servers is a bad idea. Harbinger's issues have already demonstrated that you can't do this; it's already near the breaking point

Cross-server is the industry standard answer because it's the smart answer in a lot of ways. Balanced, populated servers with cross-server play are ideal. Saying that it's unaffordable or wouldn't work is either lying or incompetence. Why do they keep refusing to do the smart thing?

Mega servers are also extremely bad for their business model. They expect people to pay $60+ for hypercrates, yet the bigger/more populated a server is, the cheaper the price of everything you can get from hypercrates will be on the GTN in in-game credits. Lots of people buying the same hypercrates and selling the things they don't want means driving prices for those things way down. That's really bad for their crate sales.

What exactly do you expect the studio to do about three dead French servers? They can't make French speaking players play the game. Sounds to me like a lot of French players probably already transferred during previous sales. You can too.

I don't expect the studio to do anything with 3 servers, there's no need for 3 at all and that's the problem. Since population is divided on these 3, none of them can be viable, and it makes no sense, 1 server would be enough. But sure, by doing nothing, at some point there will be nothing to save at all.

And yes I can transfer, still, it's just stupid to see a community disapear while things could be different. But I get it, you don't care about that. :rolleyes:

I don't expect the studio to do anything with 3 servers, there's no need for 3 at all and that's the problem. Since population is divided on these 3, none of them can be viable, and it makes no sense, 1 server would be enough. But sure, by doing nothing, at some point there will be nothing to save at all.

And yes I can transfer, still, it's just stupid to see a community disapear while things could be different. But I get it, you don't care about that. :rolleyes:

So... are there French players playing this game or not, and if so... where? And why would the French players not freely aggregate themselves as the German, British, and NA players have?

I think just about every player thinks it would be good if there was a process to transfer guilds in this game, and that in doing so.. it would remove the largest barrier to effective server merges right now. But absent such a process, the studio has discounted transfers for most of the last year, and have now stated they will keep the discounts indefinitely at this point. That's an invitation for players to move to a server of their choosing.

Edited by Andryah

Expecting everyone to play on the same few servers is a bad idea. Harbinger's issues have already demonstrated that you can't do this; it's already near the breaking point

Cross-server is the industry standard answer because it's the smart answer in a lot of ways. Balanced, populated servers with cross-server play are ideal. Saying that it's unaffordable or wouldn't work is either lying or incompetence. Why do they keep refusing to do the smart thing?

Mega servers are also extremely bad for their business model. They expect people to pay $60+ for hypercrates, yet the bigger/more populated a server is, the cheaper the price of everything you can get from hypercrates will be on the GTN in in-game credits. Lots of people buying the same hypercrates and selling the things they don't want means driving prices for those things way down. That's really bad for their crate sales.

That nails it. Bioware equals incompetence and ignorance.

Making the problem escalate with this extended sale (which fu.. up things even more on the less populated servers the last weeks) just adds to the ignorance and management/decision incompetence.

Even this stupid and cheap/ignorant offer of transfer sale is pointless and an affront until they include transferring of everything, including guild ships/strongholds and personal strongholds.

POINTLESS and IMPUDENT

That nails it. Bioware equals incompetence and ignorance.

Making the problem escalate with this extended sale (which fu.. up things even more on the less populated servers the last weeks) just adds to the ignorance and management/decision incompetence.

Even this stupid and cheap/ignorant offer of transfer sale is pointless and an affront until they include transferring of everything, including guild ships/strongholds and personal strongholds.

POINTLESS and IMPUDENT

You sound....... bitter.

Most players have things they like and dislike about an MMO, any MMO. Which is why there are choices in the market, yet players are generally required to take the bad with the good, since MMOs are presented "as is".

I don't understand the emotions being presented here.

Edited by Andryah

So... are there French players playing this game or not, and if so... where? And why would the French players not freely aggregate themselves as the German, British, and NA players have?

I think you get me wrong. I don't have any problem with the idea of french players playing on english servers if they want. I'm just saying it's stupid to let 3 dying servers for long now, while 1 server would have been viable, allowing already existing communities to keep playing together. But sure french people can play as well as others on english servers, I never say the contrary.

Not everyone chose to transfer, a lot just give up too and not transfer at all. This game is not in good shape at the moment, and these dead server situation is ridiculous, 3 french servers make no sense. That's my point.

Edited by RswanBing