Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

New Miraluka mask options

Pscyon
05.10.2013 , 01:17 PM | #11
More Miraluka "masks" would be great... however, I would prefer additional options not being plastered into the CM.
What you get from a referral link: a box of junk and one single server transfer token.

What the other person gets: 500 cartel coins, 100 more each month you stay subscribed, a speeder bike and a droid vanity pet.

Pietrastor
05.10.2013 , 01:21 PM | #12
Quote: Originally Posted by RowanThursday View Post
Do we actually know what, in "lore", an unveiled Miraluka is supposed to look like?
Exactly how you expect/are afraid they look like without the mask

From KOTOR Campaign Guide: Visas without the mask

sonyajeb
05.10.2013 , 01:41 PM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Pscyon View Post
More Miraluka "masks" would be great... however, I would prefer additional options not being plastered into the CM.
Sure, I'd love them to be something you get in-game rather than on the CM, too. However, since the appearance customization kiosk is going to use CCs, I don't think there's a way around that. Any appearance changes beyond just what your armor looks like will cost CCs. And sadly, the Miraluka masks are considered part of your character's base appearance rather than armor. But as long as the prices are reasonable, I will pay CCs if there are new masks that I like.

scraycroft
05.10.2013 , 01:53 PM | #14
/signed

I really regret picking the lampshade for my Sage, PITA to find gear that looks good with it.
Malystriz PuffinStuff
The Bastion
Quote: Originally Posted by ChewyYui View Post
They added alacrity to the gear so you can taunt things faster and accuracy is there so the fast taunts don't miss, fly off and taunt a tree or something.

Einedelweiss
05.10.2013 , 10:17 PM | #15
/signed

RowanThursday
05.11.2013 , 08:53 AM | #16
Quote: Originally Posted by Pietrastor View Post
Exactly how you expect/are afraid they look like without the mask

From KOTOR Campaign Guide: Visas without the mask
That kind of looks pretty much like a c) or d) on my list of options above.

Really, not gory or gross at all, so I can't entirely see the need for the railroaded 'silly metal clips' under the mask.

Certainly, have them as one of the veil *options*, but it'd be kind of nice if there was also an 'unmasked' look available, since I can't see how that appearance would violate the PG rating.
"... Pointless meatbag bickering."
-- HK-55

gurneyslabb
05.11.2013 , 09:58 AM | #17
Would like to see some proper blindfold options eg
http://i727.photobucket.com/albums/w...rPGVersion.jpg

Maullum
05.11.2013 , 12:04 PM | #18
In the icon for Miraluka, the mask is a bandage wrapped around the face a bunch of times. That is the mask I want! Seriously though, it just would be the coolest option.

Also: Yes, more "small" masks. And figure a way for headbands to stop removing the small ones. I have the eyeglass metal one, and any headband (even ones that just wouldn't clip with em) cuts them out. It kind of sucks. I really don't like the first mask option, so getting stuck with it at all times is really annoying.

As for miraluka without masks, it's a social thing that has become entirely part of their culture. It's not only to prevent squeamishness in other species, but it's part of Miraluka social culture itself. Think Quarians and their suits at the end of ME3. If you saved them (and possibly the Geth), they will soon not need them, but they'll wear them anyway because it's part of who they are.

At least I am pretty sure that's the sort of thinking with Miraluka and masks, but of course could be wrong.
Both the light and dark are flawed, it is the balance which amazes all.

RowanThursday
05.11.2013 , 01:22 PM | #19
Good point on the masks as a cultural norm... hm... so, in fact, we'd be assuming that, by having *been* hidden by Miraluka for so much of their lives, the ocular region of the head's in fact become a taboo area that must be kept covered in public, making those 'eyeshades under the masks' actually less in the nature of a 'random bit of gore censor applied to something that's not actually gory', and more the same as the sports bra and shorts mandatory underwear.

That would make a kind of internal logic- though, really, since it's not taboo to *us*, it still seems odd that there's no 'unmasked' option.

Would have been, in my view, an awful lot better if those masks and veils had been adaptive headgear, only equippable by Miraluka- and available at level 1 just with 0 stats.
"... Pointless meatbag bickering."
-- HK-55

AsheraII
05.11.2013 , 07:05 PM | #20
Have miraluka masks unify to chest maybe? Uhmm, wait, how would a miraluka know what color his/her chestpiece is in the first place, and how would a miraluka know his/her blindfold doesn't match?
Just kidding, ofcourse, but I'm serious about the unify to chest thingy!
. . . . . . ▀‼▀▀▀▀
__=##(▀▀[Φ]▀▀▀▀‼‼▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀‼▀▀!
|####/ ( /==|####/