3 Ops Down A LOT left to go. Questions

So far I've gotten through EV, DF, DM Ops, with dying multiple times, but actually beating them. Once I completed EV, I got a lockout mode?

Lockout= once you kill the final boss? The group I was with, we zoned in on The Infernal One in EV.... were they other bosses like an FP?

I really want to run Kragga's Palace or Toborro's Courtyard, or are those the hard ones? Right now the next OP is Scum and Villiany, but I heard it's quite hard.

I just completed a full T2 armor set, so my gear is 234 So I'm good?. I'm afraid of getting kicked for being the noob.

So far I've gotten through EV, DF, DM Ops, with dying multiple times, but actually beating them. Once I completed EV, I got a lockout mode?

You can only complete an operation once a week - when you kill a boss then you can't kill them again until the weekly reset (tuesdays). If you kill every boss in the operation except the final boss, and then leave the operation you will have a last boss lockout (meaning you can form a new group and skip right to the final boss).

Swotorista has indexed and linked a lot of guides to SWTOR that should answer just about any question you have about anything, including detailed info on the different operations:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=958684&page=2#edit9687193

Lockout= once you kill the final boss? The group I was with, we zoned in on The Infernal One in EV.... were they other bosses like an FP?

I really want to run Kragga's Palace or Toborro's Courtyard, or are those the hard ones? Right now the next OP is Scum and Villiany, but I heard it's quite hard.

I just completed a full T2 armor set, so my gear is 234 So I'm good?. I'm afraid of getting kicked for being the noob.

unlike flashpoints that you can run multiple times on the same character with no restrictions, once you've killed one ops boss, that's it for the week on that particular toon. you can only kill it once for each difficulty mode. you can of course do it again on other characters or switching to a different difficulty.

people can take advantage of this by making sure to have a toon with a "last boss lockout", which means that toon has killed every boss in the operation save for the last one. that lockout dictates from which boss the entire group starts from. so, for instance, guilds who are heavily into conquests, can rack up the points for group finder operations much quicker as they only have to kill the last boss multiple times instead of running the entire operation all over again.

Karagga and Toborro are quite easy (Karagga is the second easiest one behind EV and that's true of hardmode as well)

Storymode Scum & Villainy isn't particulary hard either, it's just the longest as it has 7 bosses.

Gear doesn't really matter in storymode operations as they are bolstered so as long as one has every slot filled with something, it's good enough. Regardless 234 is plenty and if you're also augmented noone will (or should) say a word about your gear. Just make sure when you join a group to say you are new so someone will give you the few directions you may need.

You may be very unlucky and meet some jerks who may kick you or refuse to let you join because you are new but that is quite rare (on Darth Malgus at least) and at the end of the day you are better off not playing with such people :)

I think your gear rating is fine for most story Ops (i have seen people clear EV and KP with much less, and some not even lvl 70). I will also suggest you invest a little in getting the proper augments in case you don't have them already. While you do get bolster (including augments when you don't have them) the system does not know witch type of augment you actually prefer/need and i think by default it "fills" with mastery (that is not optimal). If you don't craft, getting all 14 augments (228 purple) you want with the kits might cost from 2M to 3M in total depending on current server prices. Golds 236 or 240 are a lot better, but do cost a lot more. Probably over 3M for a single 236.

You can go with your plan and run KP next when you get a chance, if you cleared DF you should have no problem at all with this one (KP was my first Op, and i never even run MM FP before that). Just be sure you say in advance its your first time so they explain mechanics (nothing complex, but still better to know).

Toborros is a single Boss, not a complete Operation. I think its easy on SM but I guess not so easy to actually find a group forming in fleet, i only did it with a guild groups.

When rackgoul and Gree events are available, be sure to do those too (Eyeless and Xeno). Also single Boss, but lots a groups forming in gen chat.

What server are you? I'm on Star Forge and In our guild we try to run SM Ops everytime we get a chance, its several of us that don't have much experience raiding but are getting more and more into it. In case you are interested (you are in SF and don't have a guild), check us out: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=948073

In any case I do suggest you get into a guild, even if you end up raiding in pugs, having one or two guildmates in the group does help to not feel alone or a "noob" as you have someone that knows you.

EDIT: I forgot about the Geonosian Queen. Have you tried it? If not, see if you can get into a group. Some people may not like your rating, but it is actually fine for SM, go to Ossus and be patient you will get your chance; and may even get lucky and grab a 252 piece from loot. Do it every week.

Edited by Balameb
add info

Most ops are a complete joke in SM these days. I recommend trying out HM after you get through the SM tier. It's a lot more challenging and probably what you're looking for. Even HM is the next step and then nightmare / mm after that. Nightmare is where the real challenge begins. Sadly these days overgearing kind of ruins the concept but it'll prepare you for 6.0.

Keep working your gear up, don't forget about gear from ossus and keep on going mate. Best of luck.