Unable to Create a guild

Daimyo_shi

So I have a subscription and three of my friends are free to play accounts and I trying to make a guild. we are all in Dromund Kaas on the same instances, I have the 5000 credits, I fill out the guild form and hit the created guild and it just sits there with a black window with a cancel button I let it sit for minutes but it doesn't seem do anything past opening this window.

Not sure if any of these will help; but are any of 4 of you in a guild already (with the character in this group)? Is the name you are attempting to use taken by another guild? Are you in a group (4 person) and not in an Operation frame group? Have you tried to make another player in the group the "leader" and then had he/she try to start the guild, they can then make you Guild Leader as you are the lone subscription player.

Best of luck and please keep us posted on any changes or further issues.

Not sure if any of these will help; but are any of 4 of you in a guild already (with the character in this group)? Is the name you are attempting to use taken by another guild? Are you in a group (4 person) and not in an Operation frame group? Have you tried to make another player in the group the "leader" and then had he/she try to start the guild, they can then make you Guild Leader as you are the lone subscription player.

Is there a master Guild name list?

What is a operation frame group? I don't think so but I am not sure. It is not telling me if the name is take and Shi Strike Group doesn't strike me as something that would be taken.

What is a operation frame group? I don't think so but I am not sure. It is not telling me if the name is take and Shi Strike Group doesn't strike me as something that would be taken.

It is a "group" function but allows more people into the group; mostly used for World Bosses and Operations, very few quests allow for Operation (8+) sized groups.

Years ago a group I was in tried to make a guild with 8 of us together and we could not, broke up into a 4 person group made the new guild and invited the other 4 people into guild and group. Went on our merry way.

Again I try and alternative name or just have another player try as group/guild leader.

You do (as a subscriber)have the opportunity to make/place a ticket with customer support. As JediQuaker pointed out above there has been some issues in game recently.

Again best of luck and please kept us posted.

Edited by kcirevamnalyd
clarity

So I gave it another try yesterday evening and had the same results whether I did it or a friend did it. so I give another try in the next couple days and file a support ticket.

One more thing to try, you stated you were on Dromund Kaas when you attempted this? Have you tried to create guild from the fleet as there is a guild registrar there also, the planet side one maybe bugged? I believe the fleet one is in the Stronghold section, in the outer ring room with the Guild Flagship vendor and Conquest rewards vendor.

Good Luck, this should not be quite this difficult.:confused:

Are you certain it is not a name issue? Have you tried searching for the guild name you want to see if someone else already has it? Perhaps the name breaks the naming rules and includes disallowed words or characters.

Should it not say invalid name, like it does for character names? How does a search for guild names, it seems that people have best guess lists at most. There isn't a bioware list based on other posts. Where are the rules even? Shi Strikeforce should not break the rules. further I tried other names same responce.

Should it not say invalid name, like it does for character names? How does a search for guild names, it seems that people have best guess lists at most. There isn't a bioware list based on other posts. Where are the rules even? Shi Strikeforce should not break the rules. further I tried other names same responce.

One would assume so, but it does not when trying to name a legacy and the name is invalid. It just fails.

Update: Does anyone else find the support system strange. They keep closing the ticket even when asking questions . it is bizarre!

The ticket system here is pretty poor. They close the ticket, because it's been looked at. If you check your mail, they might have responded there. Also, try mailing support@swtor.com they are pretty good at sorting out issues, much better than the ticket support.

Solution was found:

My friends were pranking me over multiple days by not answering the invite for the guild thus leaving the process open. I will of course seek revenge. thanks everyone for your help.

Sounds like you need new friends, but thanks for letting us know what was happening.