Its time regs got matchmaking.

Raansu

We basically have mega servers now. Implement cross faction queues and add matchmaking. There's no excuse for it not to be in the game at this point. Its not enjoyable playing these matches with teams that have stacked healers and no one dies.

I agree.

It could prevent further faction imbalances which would no longer be fixable. And a simple form of matchmaking where there are at most 2 healers on each team, and always an equal amount of them shouldn't be that hard to make.

**** having even healers on each team. People are always "voting down" on MVP in group instead of voting for: 1 a healer if you are not a healer 2. The person with the highest guard if you are a healer.

Deserve to be stuck on teams without healers

So you let your ego get in the way of making games a little bit more fair? Alright :rolleyes:

I don't think that we have enough players. Yes you heard it right.

I queued in regs for 4*2 hours in Darth Malgus prime time on last weekend and all i got is the same players more or less, even on enemy side. Apparently, after 5.6 some players are VERY busy with group ranked mats farming... but still.

They merged servers way to late. :(

Edited by Glower

**** having even healers on each team. People are always "voting down" on MVP in group instead of voting for: 1 a healer if you are not a healer 2. The person with the highest guard if you are a healer.

MVP heals? It is the easiest thing to play.

MVP Guard? Are you kidding, for using one ability that is not even in a rotation, it is fire and forget?

Really, heals and guard are the #1 problem in PvP right now, most matches have < 10 kills total. It is just a stalemate. BOring.

I mean, I always give it to the one with the most objective points.....but lets be serious here. Who actually cares about mvp? It doesnt do anything special.

I don't think that we have enough players. Yes you heard it right.

I queued in regs for 4*2 hours in Darth Malgus prime time on last weekend and all i got is the same players more or less, even on enemy side. Apparently, after 5.6 some players are VERY busy with group ranked mats farming... but still.

They merged servers way to late. :(

I think we do now. Just a boatload of people farming materials right now.

I mean, I always give it to the one with the most objective points.....but lets be serious here. Who actually cares about mvp? It doesnt do anything special.

It boosts your ego, so this is a very special task. :p

Edited by Glower

It boosts your ego, so this is a very special task. :p

I mean I used to care but ever since people rather give mvps to a healer pockethealing just 1 tank in huttball;

While I hardcarry the entire game with more than triple the objective points of the 2nd/3rd combined..

I kinda stopped caring and just did my own thing. (which is doing everything in my power to win the game)

Edited by Evolixe

I agree.

It could prevent further faction imbalances which would no longer be fixable. And a simple form of matchmaking where there are at most 2 healers on each team, and always an equal amount of them shouldn't be that hard to make.

Matchmaking suggestions that involve restricting how many of each role can be on a team are idiotic. It would remove all dynamic, all thinking, you would simply be going through the motions, and it wouldn't solve your issue because for example if you have 2 healers on each team, and one team's healers suck, thats the same healer imbalance as before your bogus match making.

Matchmaking would only work if it was:

1.) Cross faction - eliminates the enourmous faction imbalance currently

2.) Split premades up - cry me a river, you'll still get to play with on average half your team every war, sometimes all.

3.) Balance teams based on skill. - OMG devs are not smart enough to do this. You are wrong, these are not difficult concepts. It is just common wisdom that they ARE hard....nope.

Matchmaking suggestions that involve restricting how many of each role can be on a team are idiotic. It would remove all dynamic, all thinking, you would simply be going through the motions, and it wouldn't solve your issue because for example if you have 2 healers on each team, and one team's healers suck, thats the same healer imbalance as before your bogus match making.

2.) Split premades up - cry me a river, you'll still get to play with on average half your team every war, sometimes all.

3.) Balance teams based on skill. - OMG devs are not smart enough to do this. You are wrong, these are not difficult concepts. It is just common wisdom that they ARE hard....nope.

That already happens right now, except that you sometimes have a healerless team against a team with 3 healers and 2 tanks. It can't possibly make things worse. In the worst case scenario it stays what it is now for SOME games. Most games will improve in quality.

There's nothing bogus about it, role-based matchmaking is simple, shouldn't make queues a lot longer and there's about nothing it can make worse.

Also stop with this faction gear imbalance thing already, it only exists in your head. And if you have matchmaking, you've already solved the premade problem. Everything else is l2p.

No, what we need is solo objective ranked. The general queue is supposed to be for everyone who wants to PvP, ideally so they can acquire the gear and skills they need to progress to ranked. If you want matchmaking that provides enforced skill and class balancing so you can have the most competitive match possible, guess what? You want solo objective ranked.

No, what we need is solo objective ranked. The general queue is supposed to be for everyone who wants to PvP, ideally so they can acquire the gear and skills they need to progress to ranked. If you want matchmaking that provides enforced skill and class balancing so you can have the most competitive match possible, guess what? You want solo objective ranked.

I mean.. i'm not inherently against this :cool:

I'm not really a fan of any team game having solo ranked. It doesn't really ever work. Whne I say matchmaking I just want it so teams are balanced in a way where there isn't 4 healers on one team and no healers on the other, or a team thats nothing but tanks and healers etc...

I know its just regs, but the first come first serve design just makes for not very fun matches, especially if there is a premade on the other side and your side has no tanks or healers (I'm not against premades, I'm just saying it sucks when the composition of the groups has no balance to it.)

I'm not really a fan of any team game having solo ranked. It doesn't really ever work. Whne I say matchmaking I just want it so teams are balanced in a way where there isn't 4 healers on one team and no healers on the other, or a team thats nothing but tanks and healers etc...

I know its just regs, but the first come first serve design just makes for not very fun matches, especially if there is a premade on the other side and your side has no tanks or healers (I'm not against premades, I'm just saying it sucks when the composition of the groups has no balance to it.)

My favorite is the same faction match with 4 healers total: 3 on one side, 1 on the other and none are grouped together. There's no case that screams for role matching better than that.