love my tank assassin

Blades_of_Afro

Just hit 50 a while ago. I can tell you things change outside the leveling experience.

In PvP, everyone ignores your main tankyness (shield/absorb, defense mean nothing)

In PvE, there are simply better tanks , especially when you get 4-5 things on you and they eat through your dark ward in 2-3 seconds.

Just hit 50 a while ago. I can tell you things change outside the leveling experience.

In PvP, everyone ignores your main tankyness (shield/absorb, defense mean nothing)

In PvE, there are simply better tanks , especially when you get 4-5 things on you and they eat through your dark ward in 2-3 seconds.

omg this with the ward not lasting long.

I actually made a thread in the suggestion box to change KW/DW. Complain about DW and KW there in hopes they will fix it lol.

Doesn't matter, darkness still does good damage compared to other class' tank specs, and Assassins have the best PvP damage mitigation stat bonus (internal damage prevention from dark charge), plus the utility added by darkness (force pull, added time on force shroud, spike out of stealth, unsnare/root force speed) and especially if you go hybrid with madness (add in death field and instant whirlwind with stun), makes Darkness awesome even at 50 for PvP. Just ignore wearing shield/absorption gear and forget about Dark Ward - just because 1 or talents are less useful in PvP doesn't mean Darkness isn't completely amazing in PvP.

You realize we are only about 1-2% better mitigation than jugs for internal/elemental mititgation, right? We dont have some huge advantage over them.

Their forums add pure damage reduction, as do talents that enhance it (which applies against internal, etc). They also have higher defense then we do (which matters more often in pvp, since shield means nothing) and almost 10% more raw armor mitigation (which applies to all kinetic, energy and weapon damage attacks)

If you add up all our total dr to int/elemental vs theirs, the difference is negligible considering they also have + HP% and -damage taken % cooldowns.

I wont say we are not a better class overall for pvp, but in no way do we have the best mitigation.

I love naysayers like this. They are normally(i highlight as i dont want to assume everyone is like that) the type that have never played as darkness, but think they are a know it alls, cause they read a thread talking about how our defenses are crap. Just to be clear, your shield and def rating isnt effective against force and tech attacks, but weapon damage is what it works on, force shroud is what you use for the force/tech attacks, so we do have every angle covered, its just bad players dont undertand how to interupt and properly time force shroud. But none of that matters, because its not what makes us good.

Ill say this for 90000000 time. Spec darkness, wear DPS gear. ITs not your tank gear that makes you great in PVP, its your abilitities, and the added utility many of them get. 5 sec dur/45 sec cooldown force shroud is like godmode against casters and ranged tech, 20 sec cooldown force speed that removes snares, force pull is AMAZING in huttball, and great for saving folks in alderon as well as snagging someone trying to ninja an objective, wither is an aoe snare and damage reducer, discharge is an aoe accuracy debuff, taunt reduces damage to teammates by 30%, gaurd saves healers and ball carriers lives, overcharge saber is an instant 10% heal, and though its not great, it does slightly increase dark charge procs. And thats just the utility.

Almost every singe shock I throw crits due to energize, if you gear DPS, and stack surge, it hits HARD. 3 stacks of harnessed darkness...pop recklessness(even if you dont 75% bonus and the healing is awesome), and watch someone lose 1/3rd of their health in 3 secs while they are snared, while I get healed for 9% health(normal interupts dont work against this), follow that up with an energized shock(on a different person cause the other guy you just FL is dead after the followup assassinate). I can litterally use 3 damage abilties(thrash, shock, and 3 stacked FL) and damn near top the charts. But throw in wither and discharge when you are in a big melee, and it goes up even higher.

This is a team sport, not the arena. We are a huge boost to a team, and when you have a tank playing like a tank out there with you, you chances to win go way up.

Yes, when you first hit 50, it sucks. But thats only due to the lack of expertise on your gear. Once you get a few pieces and a good weapon, everything goes back to normal. Every class goes through this at 50, and its MUCH worse for some of the other classes.

Edited by Saberolson