DPS Leaderboard 2.0+

I just find parsing dumb in general there are little no to fights that require zero mobility and seems counter productive to me.

I find these threads really useful since i know mechanically i can perform alright in Ops... it's then just down to perfecting my rotation.

For example, i know that Sentinels/Marauders are capable of 2860 DPS in Annihilation/Watchmen, so i'm curious to figure out where i can pull an extra 350 DPS from since i'm only doing ~2500 DPS.

Part of it i think is the use of Inspiration and Adrenals to pad out the parse, but i'm sure there are other small things i can glint from analysing the posted logs.

If you want this thread to catch on you'll need to start pulling parses from separate server's leader boards. As it stands, The Harbinger has Sniper, Jugg, Operative, Marauder, and Sorc parses that are well above anything I've seen here or on other server's leaderboards. You can check the rules I've put up for The Harbinger, and I'll personally guarantee the validity of any parse listed on those boards so you don't have to spend time validating them (and after 2.1.1 comes I'll have parses with double relic procs marked with an asterisk as well).

We must not have the same definition for "well above anything" since all i see is that Operative 2900 DPS that truly stands out... the others it's just maybe 100 dps here and there.

• Replies 728
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want this thread to catch on you'll need to start pulling parses from separate server's leader boards. As it stands, The Harbinger has Sniper, Jugg, Operative, Marauder, and Sorc parses that are well above anything I've seen here or on other server's leaderboards. You can check the rules I've put up for The Harbinger, and I'll personally guarantee the validity of any parse listed on those boards so you don't have to spend time validating them (and after 2.1.1 comes I'll have parses with double relic procs marked with an asterisk as well).

I am going to but with the fix on the double SA proc relics upcoming in 2.1.1 the majority of records are going to go obsolete as I can't with decency let any records using this remain.

Unfortunately, Gort, the way I'm reading the rules on this board, my parse wouldn't qualify... nor would Stomach's I believe, as well as possibly some others.

Dayum, Bioware allowing Juggs/Guardians equal to Sents/Marauders? Must be a bug.

We're not quite even. Pretty sure there's a few Carnage parses out there over 3k, and unless Ark has topped where either of us has gotten, there's not a Jugg parse that I've seen over ~2920.

Edit: Just something to consider, but it would be nice to see server names listed for folks on the board.

Edited by ssfish

EDIT:

I like Harbinger's dps thread. They separate the not entirely raid viable engineering spec from the other entirely raid viable sniper specs. :(

Gunslinger/Sniper - Engineering/Saboteur

1) Aeralos (3437 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/236380/tim...426/0/Overview

Spec: 5/36/5 Saboteur Gunslinger

2) Tralt (3259 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/225391/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

Spec: 5/36/5 Engineering Sniper

3) Carlenix (2855 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/221171/tim...0/Damage+Dealt

Spec: Engineering Sniper

Gunslinger/Sniper - Non-Engineering/Saboteur Rolling

1) Tralt (3023 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/218467/tim...781/0/Overview

Spec: 36/8/2 Marksman Sniper

2) Aeralos (2812 DPS) http://www.torparse.com/a/239250/tim...492/0/Overview

Spec: 5/36/5 Saboteur Gunslinger (with no Scatter Bombs)

Edited by paowee

I do not think we should be adding the parses from that particular thread. The rules for that board state that you can trim the beginning of the log. That will inflate the dps numbers but not change what the class can actually do, due to ramp up times. Any log that is trimmed is pure fluff and nothing that can be reproduced live. It gives a false data for us to analyze.

I do not think we should be adding the parses from that particular thread. The rules for that board state that you can trim the beginning of the log. That will inflate the dps numbers but not change what the class can actually do, due to ramp up times. Any log that is trimmed is pure fluff and nothing that can be reproduced live. It gives a false data for us to analyze.

You trim the end, not the begin. This will make it more like a boss fight since when you kill a boss it doesn't take you like 10 sec to go out of combat where your dps curve goes to 0.

You trim the end, not the begin. This will make it more like a boss fight since when you kill a boss it doesn't take you like 10 sec to go out of combat where your dps curve goes to 0.

Rules for the Harbinger DPS thread says they CAN trim the beginning. It gives a false data for us to analyze.

Harbinger leaderboards:

~Link from TORparse (you may trim the time in the parse to see where you did the most, just make sure it's at least 5 minutes). Note: you can trim a parse by selecting a start and stop time in the "By time" drop down tabs under the listing of all your fights on torparse. You can trim both beginning and end ramp ups/downs. I will not trim fights for you, I will click on the provided link and take the number shown there. Some parses below will go up a bit if trimmed.

Edited by paowee

The end I am fine with due to the drop combat etc. As paowee quoted above me, they do clip the beginning and remove ramp up times. For instance, if you look at the slinger parse that is doing 3.4k, he has the beginning removed for that. If you pull out and clip it to show the beginning he comes down to 3.3k. Now some may say that, that is not a big deal. However, for purposes of this thread, 100dps is a HUGE deal (Hell, 10dps can be considered big).

/e I would also like to add, for classes with a LOT of set up (DoT based or Watchmen Sents) the increase will be even more pronounced then an Engineering Sniper.

Edited by Grimsblood

I'm going to wait to update this until the issue with 2x SA Relics have been addressed. According to dev posts its an unintended feature and will be removed coming 2.1.1. This is going to cause a problem with some parses as they've been using a feature no longer available and as such I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove them.

Maybe you could get a head start and update the posted parses that aren't using SA relics. Just so it doesn't get lost in the mess of posts on this thread, relisting it...not using any SA relics.

New high for me:

Pizza'dah'hutt

Mercenary Arsenal: 6/36/4

3024 DPS

Mercs cant exploit those properly anyway.

Not since our self-heal CD got turned into a deaths door saving throw at sub30% instead of a long HoT at any health level.

The classes which can, proc the relics with either damage or their self-healing and can then refresh the proc using whatever didn't proc it.

e.g. procs with dmg, a heal will refresh the buff to 6s again or the reverse.

Yeah true, I just want to see this thread catch on, I'd say just ignore server posts and have them post it here. Maybe go and advertise on their threads so they can come post if they want. If I can get around to it I'll try to do some advertising, probably not till tomorrow or the next day, busy atm

The end I am fine with due to the drop combat etc. As paowee quoted above me, they do clip the beginning and remove ramp up times. For instance, if you look at the slinger parse that is doing 3.4k, he has the beginning removed for that. If you pull out and clip it to show the beginning he comes down to 3.3k. .

Try 3419 DPS, an 18 DPS loss as he only trimmed the armor penetration at the beginning. The Harbinger's board has always allowed beginnings to be trimmed, it actually makes for a more even competition between classes/specs, and finds what a class can do sustained, and keeps the rules of what is/isn't allowed quite simple. OP, if need be can even mark parses that aren't trimmed at the beginning for you to pull (and occasionally pop in and give a parse like the 3419 above). Like I said, you can check our listed rules with yours, I'm just trying to help you get more parses on your board and take the burden of validating some of them off of you so this thread can actually get updated.

Try 3419 DPS, an 18 DPS loss as he only trimmed the armor penetration at the beginning. The Harbinger's board has always allowed beginnings to be trimmed, it actually makes for a more even competition between classes/specs, and finds what a class can do sustained, and keeps the rules of what is/isn't allowed quite simple. OP, if need be can even mark parses that aren't trimmed at the beginning for you to pull (and occasionally pop in and give a parse like the 3419 above). Like I said, you can check our listed rules with yours, I'm just trying to help you get more parses on your board and take the burden of validating some of them off of you so this thread can actually get updated.

Well, with all due respect, very few of the parses on these types of thread can show anything sustained. For many specs, RNG is too much for a 5 minute, or even a 30 minute parse to show sustained damage, although 30 minute can get you pretty close on the massive RNG specs. But very few people parse that long, this isn't a sustained dps thread, nor are any of the 5 minute parse threads on individual servers.

I just think it should be the responsibility of the readers of these threads to understand what raid buffs are given to each spec and see no point in trimming beginning of fights for comparison purposes. But that being said, I don't really care, whatever the OP decides is fine...Do you know if most other server dps threads are trimming the beginning? It would be nice just to have something everyone can agree on and move forward with one ideal.

Edited by odawgg

http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/time/1369007928/1369008231/0/Damage+Dealt 3009 compared to trimmed http://www.torparse.com/a/238605/tim...231/0/Overview 3022... still top.. Beastfury Marauder.

http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/time/1368873800/1368874136/0/Damage+Dealt 2957 Compared to trimmed

http://www.torparse.com/a/235460/tim...0/Damage+Dealt 2964... 7 diff... Invinc Operative.

the rest you are right, trim rly increase a lot of dps, i normally dont see anyones parse, didnt know they were upgrading so much, only use to see beast and a few others, wont post Tralts bcause he is using the exploit... which i tested myself (with Conq+Part) my sniper parsing 180dps + than with Click/proc Relic not exploit, so him like most of other snipers, will reduce a lot of dps soon :)

I am working on this and going through the logs to check which ones are using the power double thingy or not. Its going to take a while as I'm doing the same for several record threads as well to merge with this one.

His parse is for 3436.56. When you pull it back to the "enter combat" and set the limit to 5 minutes it comes out to 3358.31. A changed of 78.25 dps. In your example You give him an extra minute on the parse. These are just details, however there is a point to it (I am not picking them out just to argue). Saboteur (with scaterbombs) is not necessarily a sustained or "build up" spec. The damage comes strictly from the 20 second CD on HI/CE. It becomes a burst spec with dots that keep some damage going. Cut a log before they go off, the dps falls. Cut a log after it has been used dps rises. The damage the spec does can be manipulated on paper for a desired result.

Different specs require a different amount of set up to do damage. If we are talking about sustained, how about I run a Lethality/Dirty Fighting parse and cut it to only start when the first Cull/Wounding Shots starts (Eliminating the dots in the beginning for set up). This would allow be to get rid of the "ramp up time" and focus more on sustained because Lethality/Dirty Fighting focus's on the proper use of Cull/Wounding Shots. This method is not true to the spec considering what it actually does.

If you analyze a Watchmen Sentinels parse, you would have to cur everything before the 6 stacks of Juyo and 4 stacks of Merciless Slash. So, if I where parsing on my sentinel (by your rules) I would initiate combat --> build focus and centering (saving Master Strike and Zen) until I get my stacks of both buffs --> I would then begin doing damage with all relics and adrenals going with Zen and Inspiration at my. I would then cut my log in the begining to eliminate all of the build up of focus, centering, Juyo and Merc Slash. The log would run for 5 minutes following. This would give me a better idea of what sustained damage I would be doing.

To give a representation of this, I got on my LvL 50 sentinel and went to fleet (yes I had to deal with that nasty lag) and parsed on the LvL 10 training dummy. I had to use that one to ensure I hit with my abilities since the rest are LvL 55 (My gear was a full 63 BiS build from pre 2.0....it included accuarcy stats). Here are my results:

Not Clipped: (2433.68) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/2/0/Damage+Dealt

End Clipped: (2421.23) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/time/1369260371/1369260671/0/Damage+Dealt

Beginning and End Clipped: (2477.75) http://www.torparse.com/a/244058/time/1369260426/1369260726/0/Damage+Dealt

Now I ask, which log gives me my sustained damage, my damage threshold and my realistic damage?

The moral of the story here is that importing logs that were created under a different rule set skews the data in favor of trimming the beginning of each log. It sets those logs (unfairly) above the rest for no reason but to measure an e-peen by presenting data in a different fashion.

On the note of measuring fairness and actual thresholds on a global scale, I would put forth the following rule set:

1) Must be combat logged on the level 55 Operations Training Target MK-5.

2) Must be combat logged to a 5 minute duration. (Ending will be clipped 300 seconds after beginning combat)

3) Must include the "Enter Combat" (No clipping the begining)

4) Class buffs/stims/adrenals are permitted.

5) Another player is allowed to assist with 1Bloodthirst/Inspiration and Armour debuff etc during the logging.

6) Nightmare Pilgrim buff is not permitted.

7) No use of Legacy abilities.

8) Only combat logs from http://www.torparse.com/ will be accepted. All claims must be accompanied by a link to their parse.

What this does is set ALL classes on as much of an even playing field as possible considering what they would do within a raid. The only advantages that are left are multiple targets and executes (built in or added ability). Ramp up times stay the same, Inspiration is available to all along with an armor crack.

Yea it looks like this thread is getting cluttered now with too many ideas :confused: and not enough parses.

Let me get right on that for you :p been trying to get a nice MM parse, but I keep getting thrown out of combat :(

text above
Agreed. You can clip the end but never the beginning. Simple as that... These logs are great resources that can be used to improve DPS if presented properly. Make your own 5 minute parse, clip the parse of somebody to 5 minutes and see how much more or how much less abilities they used compared to yours.

Let me get right on that for you :p been trying to get a nice MM parse, but I keep getting thrown out of combat :(

Stop doing Explosive Probe - Orbital - Ambush :)

OP might be MIA , front page hasn't been updated since 5/17/13

He said he's working on it, give him time

I am working on this and going through the logs to check which ones are using the power double thingy or not. Its going to take a while as I'm doing the same for several record threads as well to merge with this one.
Edited by odawgg

Daharel-Commando-Gunnery-6/36/4-2789.77

Parse cropped to exactly 300 seconds so as to remain consistent with Ebon Hawk leaderboards.

This was me trying damn hard to take the old 4-piece to its limits using an Arkanian mainhand, a Verpine offhand, and a smattering of other gear. Soon as I can, I will be switching over to the 2/2, but then I will have to relearn my rotation. :( Any advice that could be given to ease the switch over would be most appreciated.

Daharel-Commando-Gunnery-6/36/4-2789.77

Parse cropped to exactly 300 seconds so as to remain consistent with Ebon Hawk leaderboards.

This was me trying damn hard to take the old 4-piece to its limits using an Arkanian mainhand, a Verpine offhand, and a smattering of other gear. Soon as I can, I will be switching over to the 2/2, but then I will have to relearn my rotation. :( Any advice that could be given to ease the switch over would be most appreciated.

The biggest change you'll find is just increased usage of auto attack. From your parse, you're using the expected amount, 5-6/min with the old 4pc. When you go to 2/2 you'll be using more like 7-8. It's only a small adjustment, just a couple hours on the dummy and you should pick it up....oh....and you'll prioritize DR over HiB instead of the other way around...that's about it.

Actually updated. Several parses needed to be purged of the list due to the 2x SA relic thing. I validated this by ensuring there was at least a 20 second interval between each "Power Surge" proc. I also cleared one for not being in English which currently had to be a requirement to ensure that I can properly check all the parses.

So a little note about this, I'm still working on adding parses from other sources. Its being a bit of a hassle as I've got to go into each one and check for the relic thing. Its also an issue with example Balance/Madness and Annihilation/Watchman as they can proc of both healing and damage, these classes are allowed two "Power Surge" proc in a 20 second interval but not any more than that. If this is fixed in upcoming patches I'm afraid I'm going to have to remove those records.

Also I'm never going to be okay with cutting of the beginning of a parse. Opening is an essential part of any rotation, may very well be the difference in really competitive parses and benefits different classes differently.

There's been a lot of posts here and if I've missed a parse I'm really sorry, just throw a comment and I'll fix it as soon as possible.