Crisis On Umbra: Final Boss Adds?

So I'm confused. I've tried to do this FP 3 or so times since the expansion and after the issues with the first boss and turrets, it's smooth sailing until the last boss. The adds just destroy people. The last group I was in we had veteran players who ran NIM in KOTFE and we still couldn't seem to get the boss down. Am I missing something? Are the adds just not working well with bolster or what? Most groups quit this FP since xpac launch faster than Lost Island.

What are we doing wrong?

It's not bolstered. It's synced *down* to level 70, and the EMPH(1) stats for sync-to-70 are relatively weak compared to your natural (non-synced) EMPH stats at 70 before 6.0 dropped.

(1) Endurance, Mastery, Power, Health.

Thanks to your explanation I think I'm starting to understand the issue. Will there still be a problem even if players have 306 best in slot gear? I don't grind for gear because I don't play the hardest content in the game. However, I also don't want to run around in garbage gear. For my favorite toons I aim for somewhere in the middle but I don't know what that is anymore since 6.0 dropped.

Thanks to your explanation I think I'm starting to understand the issue. Will there still be a problem even if players have 306 best in slot gear? I don't grind for gear because I don't play the hardest content in the game. However, I also don't want to run around in garbage gear. For my favorite toons I aim for somewhere in the middle but I don't know what that is anymore since 6.0 dropped.

The other stats (Alacrity/Accuracy/Crit for DPS/Heal, Shield/Defense/Absorb for tank) are not clipped, and nor are the effects of set bonuses and so on, so as you crank up the gear ladder from 268 to 306, you'll see *some* improvement.

It may still be a problem, because the clipping of EMPH directly reduces damage output (Mastery and Power both affect base damage) and your health, and therefore your survivability. The clipped values are also significantly below what a "true" level 70 in, say, 252 would have.

Overall, "older" FPs and Ops are, relatively speaking, a bit of a mess, although on the "total mess" scale, they are still short of Grade 11 (level 600+) crafting. That said, I'm firmly of the opinion that regardless of the difficulties of balancing the older content against level 75 BiS characters, they should not have clipped it all down to level 70 with such low EMPH clip levels, and possibly not at all.

I wish I could help - I've run the flash point in the past, but it's an auto drop for me.

it is not worth the time commitment given the numerous bugs (I really love getting stuck in combat with the stupid champ turrets that exist only for flavor), nausea inducing / fps killing effects (especially on the train when the mobs spam a billion fire effects all at once), some of the most annoying fights ever designed - especially the first if not cheesing it by hiding in a corner, and higher than average tuning that gives many groups issues.

Edited by DawnAskham

Its always four adds spawning in the same position. Each Dps tackles one asap and the tank stuns/pulls the thrid and taunts the fourth, which are also killed by DPS after they are done with theirs. Assassin spawns are managed by running to the boss where they die to the cleave.

Redo that until 25%. Complete damage stop on the boss. Do the adds like described above, get back to work. Below 20% you pull your adrenals and keep your defensive CDs ready. Kill the boss before the massive spawn kills you.

Works every time as long as you don't push past the 25% spawn and run unprepared into the second add spawn, with no mimax at all. Just 306 gear without Amps, or Augments. I kind of enjoy FP bosses that are requiring a bit of damage and coordination from your group.

Edited by RadioFM

I have done this fight with people who are experienced in the fight and it is just too much for a gimped healer to handle who has had no problem with Nim content. The FP is not tuned to level 70 level sync and is still tuned for 236/248 gear and best done with 252/258 gear stats. Even the cheese of leaving one of them alive does not work anymore. Killing Gemini is a big problem in the stasis chamber part if they all focus on one person which they do and they shouldn't.

With the last boss

I have yet to see go down even when doing everything right. He just puts out too much damage and like all the newer content is set too high and have too much health.

I have done this fight with people who are experienced in the fight and it is just too much for a gimped healer to handle who has had no problem with Nim content. The FP is not tuned to level 70 level sync and is still tuned for 236/248 gear and best done with 252/258 gear stats. Even the cheese of leaving one of them alive does not work anymore. Killing Gemini is a big problem in the stasis chamber part if they all focus on one person which they do and they shouldn't.

With the last boss

I have yet to see go down even when doing everything right. He just puts out too much damage and like all the newer content is set too high and have too much health.

Gemini is Nathema Conspiracy

I've done it a few times in 6.0 including with a completely novice tank where I had to explain before the fight how to break the beams with a pillar then after 1 wipe, how we should focus down the chambers one by one and how everyone needs to be aware of breaking beams with pillars with the clones up.

Then on the final boss, pausing to explain to kill the crystals, keep connecting beams short and stay out of all aoe. Then after a wipe made sure everyone had seen the mechanics that needed to be done better and we killed the crazy guy then one shot the computer thing.

Howeverrrrr it is challenging with a pug group and your class/spec can limit your carry potential on top of how good you are. Final boss phase is a dps-on-the-move check and you can't carry the team as a healer there. In fact I think all damage in that phase is avoidable too.

Edited by Gyronamics