Developer Update – Terror from Beyond

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

when is 1.4 ?

Last word we heard was Terror from Beyond was coming in September. Since this says 1.4 comes with Terror from Beyond, that would also indicate September. Its always possible that they'll be pushed back to October though.

Any guess as to who this familiar face will be? I'm putting my money on Darth Malgus :D

No, there's no way he's still alive. :p

Revan comes to mind as there's the theory that he teleported away rather than dying, but I believe him not being happy to see you would be somewhat strange from Pub side.

"One of the problems of other MMOs combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple heroes beating on a single enemy. That just isn't very heroic." -- James Ohlen, Game Director, Bioware Edited by Felioats

Any guess as to who this familiar face will be? I'm putting my money on Darth Malgus :D

My money's on Malgus too. What with the new Malgus statue competition, the fact that he was the figurine that came with the collector's edition, and the almost unceremonious death we gave him in The False Emperor, he would be the logical choice. After all, an unceremonious death doesn't matter if he doesn't actually die.

Course, I could be wrong.

Kephess, maybe? He's still an instrument of the Dread Masters.

Ms. Woods, thank you for the blog update, quite an interesting read. I've already linked it on my guild's forum, now I just need to beat them senseless enough to get them to respond ^.^

I hope you can keep the blog updated. What sort of an update schedule do you have in mind?

Good update, can't wait to see this on test.

What loot type will drop from Terror From Beyond story mode? I have my guesses/assumptions that is based on what others have speculated (i.e., campaign gear), but I would like to hear it from a developer.

Can you please elaborate on what the intended gear level is for story mode, please? I saw that Hard Mode is for folks in full campaign, but not the difficulty level of Story Mode.

Thanks!

The implication would be that its Rakata, much like HM EC is designed to be doable in Rakata.

Can you please elaborate on what the intended gear level is for story mode, please? I saw that Hard Mode is for folks in full campaign, but not the difficulty level of Story Mode.

Thanks!

My guess is black hole gear mostly.

a full set of Campaign gear

Like, a full set of standard campaign gear, some of which is inarguably worse than the rakata it's suppossed to replace? Or Campaign gear where players have swapped out the mods and enhancements with stuff from other pieces of black hole gear to make it good?

There's honestly a pretty huge difference.

That leak doesn't make any mention of Kephess.

expand the (+) things.

Major Cobus: Kephess is working for the Dread Masters now--a group of rogue Sith trying to start their own Empire. Not sure how opening a hypergate helps.

Gatemaster Beltekk: The one you call Kephess is now perpendicular to the hypergate. He must be terminated, but we do not have bisectors capable of this.

"One of the problems of other MMOs combat is that you often have scenarios where you have multiple heroes beating on a single enemy. That just isn't very heroic." -- James Ohlen, Game Director, Bioware

Only thing going through my mind while reading the fourth paragraph.