Joining Republic/Empire?

jan_skakal

Hi,

i played Onslaught with five my characters, i cannot help, but joining Republic/Empire is for example for trooper great lose.

Alliance pack with full recruitment of allies from alerts, Mandalorians, maybe gratelful zakulans in future - post of commander. All that trade for colonel? Be once again lackey of republic generals??? :mad:

But i can imagine, as for Inquisitor, seat in the council, once again powerbase within sith empire - sounds good.

Or maybe smuggle - rank of commodore? More better then captain. And smuggling ring can flourish again. :D

Yes, i know, fleet and gravestone is gone, but The Alliance has quite powerfull fleet of normal (even isotope-5) ships, Odessen planetary shield and can against both superpowers by guerilla warfare...

What do you think?

Edited by jan_skakal

All your personal preference and what you think your character would do. I only played one class through KOTFE+, which I use as my main character and such. He is Twi'lek Consular who decided to stay independent. He found a new way to approach the force and has built this new home for countless people from many walks of life.

There is no reason for him to submit to another political entity. He is no longer a Jedi, and he remembers Saresh and her corrupt ways. He wants nothing to do with it- and he obviously doesn't want to join the Sith Empire. He has people from both walks of life that he now leads, and he leads them as an independent entity.

All my republic characters returned home as they have always loved the Republic, even my Jedi (and they do get a seat on the council). I can't answer for everyone but for my Republic characters, they believe in the Republic (even though Saresh tried to kill her). She knows they are not perfect but she believes in their ideals.

As for as the Empire, most of them are saboteurs and will work against the Empire so they did not join the Empire again and some of them were not given the option depending on the actions they took during the story (Most of them had 2-3 dark council members killed so....). So far the only one that return to the empire was my sorceress as she was the only one that still supports the Empire.

Because of timing only my Jedi Knight was ready for Onslaught. He rejoined the Republic. He always remained a Jedi. He has full Light Side points and 0 Dark Side points. Even if the option was between Light and Neutral he chose Light. Rebuilding the Jedi Order is exactly what he would want to do. The Alliance was only meant to defeat the Eternal Empire. It was successful. He never wanted to rule the galaxy. The people of Odessen don't have to fight forever. They can go home now or remain on Odessen as their new home. Everyone gets a clean record, even Kaliyo and Gault. They have freedom and are in charge of their own destiny. That's one final gift my Jedi Knight can give them. My Jedi Knight has earned his semi-retirement, living happily ever after with Theron at least until the next expansion game if there is one when he needs to pick up his light sabers again.

This decision was difficult for me as for my Chiss LS Inquisitor Darth Imperious, it felt (IMO) that it was right to join the Empire... His goal from the start was to change/help the Empire and someday Rule it... He has shown what the Eternal Alliance can accomplish under a just leadership working together with other races or ideologies.

If I stay independent I be doing the same the Republic and Empire have done over the years of wars...(IMO) So for a brighter future to end the endless war I join my Alliance with the Empire to make it better... Of course I know that this could all back fired and the NEW BIG BAD that's coming out in 2020 could be a "cosmic being of unsaleable power" and reduce it all ash... but as Darth Imperious need to try.

PS: Yes, I know lol. I'm such a big fan of this "Darth Imperious" SW Legends character. His so unique in the force and the whole SW universe Legends. Darth Imperius's abilities were virtually dark side orientated, but unlike many other Sith before and after the Dark Lord, Imperius never became corrupted by the Dark Side, capable of even using light side techniques at the same time. Nox maybe the embodiment of true Power and Immortality of the Dark Side but Imperius is probably the true embodiment of Balance for all Sith using the Light to temper the Dark, like Yin and Yang (IMO)

Edited by Zehal

My Darth Imperius also rejoined the Empire. He follows the teachings of Kaleth Ur, and mostly chooses light (he's Light V), and wants to help change the Empire (eliminate slavery, have a place for alien species - he's cyborg so near-human) and droids. He feels the Republic (which has tried to kill him regardless of his alignment) his whole life, including Sareesh) is too beholden to criminal elements such as the Hutts.

My Darth Nox will of course do empire when he gets there, as he is again, DarkSide V. There are times he has made a light side decision, but only where he thinks it will gain him some sort of advantage.

My LS BH chose the Empire to align with, but chose to remain independent. She is fully Mandalorian, and does not want to be under the thumb of either the Jedi nor the Sith.

My LS agent is a saboteur for the republic. He managed to get into some of the (republic) areas in Nar Shadaa and saw first-hand what was happening to the non-humans. As a chiss, he will not forgive this crime... nor what intelligence tried to do to him (agent story). He had been a double-agent during the story.

My other LS agent is an imperial loyalist human, so will side with the empire when she reaches that point.

My Darkside Jedi (who is a Sith pureblood) is a saboteur and will join the Empire fully if given the chance. Scourge will probably go along with this (she is romancing him).

My LS trooper rejoined the republic. Not for the title, but her loyalty has always been to the republic.

My DS smuggler is a Twillik, he was originally mostly LS, but turned dark, mostly thru his relationship with Akaavi - felt enormously betrayed by the actions of Sareesh, and had long talks with Vette (head-canon) about the possibility of working with the Empire. He is at present a saboteur, but would probably opt to remain independent if given a choice to join the Empire fully.

So.... to make a long story short, my individual characters decisions are largely influenced by their own particular "backstory".

My Darth Imperius also rejoined the Empire. He follows the teachings of Kaleth Ur, and mostly chooses light (he's Light V), and wants to help change the Empire (eliminate slavery, have a place for alien species - he's cyborg so near-human) and droids. He feels the Republic (which has tried to kill him regardless of his alignment) his whole life, including Sareesh) is too beholden to criminal elements such as the Hutts.

Darth Imperius for the win! Love your inside and personal story on how you play this awesome SW Legends Character!

I wish I could see or read more of him... his such an different, intriguing and unique character even by Star Wars standards. :D

Well it's a bit dependent on roleplay. My jedi Consular fell to a neutral side, and no longer pure light, and jedi stuff. He doesn't want to be in the order again, and prefers the flexibility of the alliance. A vision of making a great country in the galaxy. Free from the religious ******** of the sith, and the corruption of the Republic.

My other jedi is jedi to the heart. Rejoining it is.

My smuggler gone independent. He already had a nice crime syndicate running, and with the alliance in his pocket he can make a nice criminal empire.

The Inquisitior rejoined the Empire. He plans to run for the Emperor's seat in the close future, and the first step is regaining his old powerbase in the Empire.

I'm planing on creating a new Sith Warrior to be the biggest possible jerk in the galaxy. I found, that Sith warrior is the one who can be the ultimate unstoppable evil.

My Wrath chose to remain independent because he will never serve a weak Empress like Acina. She's not worthy of that title. The only way he rejoins the Empire is as it's ruler.

Nox will probably also make the same choice when I get there. The Dark Council is weak and he benefits nothing from rejoining them. Really the only incentive for joining is so that people would stop calling him "commander."

One of my Knights is a saboteur. He's been betrayed by the Republic too many times and doesn't believe in the Jedi Order anymore. He wants power to bring order to the Galaxy. The other one returned to the Republic, but is not happy with this same old war against the Empire. All she wants is peace but there's warmongers on both sides and she feels like she's caught in the middle. But she still hopes she can somehow arrange a truce so both sides can co-exist peacefully.

So returning player here - was founder, I come and go; gone for like 3 years this time. Finished up all stories on my fully darkside sorcerer, who of course reclaimed his seat on the council. My question is, is there much of a mechanical difference for the decision to join or not join your former faction? Like, had I chosen to stay independent, would I have access to republic fleet? Or still considered Empire for game mechanics? Logic tells me, that my Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer will always be consider Imperial as far as groups, guilds, and territory go. Just curious if that decision has any *real* impact on game play.

So returning player here - was founder, I come and go; gone for like 3 years this time. Finished up all stories on my fully darkside sorcerer, who of course reclaimed his seat on the council. My question is, is there much of a mechanical difference for the decision to join or not join your former faction? Like, had I chosen to stay independent, would I have access to republic fleet? Or still considered Empire for game mechanics? Logic tells me, that my Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer will always be consider Imperial as far as groups, guilds, and territory go. Just curious if that decision has any *real* impact on game play.

I believe your Sith Inquisitor Sorcerer will always be consider Imperial as far as groups, guilds, and territory go. However its too soon to know if our choices will impact mechanically our factions... If it did it be very surprising and MANY players would be a "little" upset because when you made that choice there was no warning of such an impact on your faction status mechanically.

IMO I think we will have to wait and see were the story and new updates take us... (I really exited about it and can't wait!)

Kinda what I figured. I really don't see them doing away with the faction system, or allowing cross-faction classes. Just seemed odd that I was given a choice to rejoin the faction that I've always really been a part of, even if the story did deviate from that slightly.

Kinda what I figured. I really don't see them doing away with the faction system, or allowing cross-faction classes. Just seemed odd that I was given a choice to rejoin the faction that I've always really been a part of, even if the story did deviate from that slightly.

I agree I was surprise with that choice given how well the Alliance Stands out almost as powerful and politically influential compare to the other factions (story wise). I guess we will see where the current story lead us... :rolleyes:

The only way I could see a neutral hero that chooses who to support, and even cross faction as truly neutral, would be if they made Zakuul a beginner neutral area... that takes place before or after the events of the Eternal Throne Arc... maybe making the Zakuulans or Iokath sentient robots an official race and the Knights of Zakuul (Exarchs adapted to draw power from the Sun Generators), Scions (who possessed the ability to see the future through the Force) and Zelots (Users of the Void in the Force) an official neutral class with its own story with the royal family as you complete your job quest. Who know maybe potentially saving Vaylin and Thexon (or at least meet him). :eek:

Sigh* one can only dream! lol I wish it was part of the next update or big expansion, but honestly is the only way I see just thinking out of my head for a real neutral PC character. :D

Edited by Zehal

All my republic characters returned home as they have always loved the Republic, even my Jedi (and they do get a seat on the council). I can't answer for everyone but for my Republic characters, they believe in the Republic (even though Saresh tried to kill her). She knows they are not perfect but she believes in their ideals.

As for as the Empire, most of them are saboteurs and will work against the Empire so they did not join the Empire again and some of them were not given the option depending on the actions they took during the story (Most of them had 2-3 dark council members killed so....). So far the only one that return to the empire was my sorceress as she was the only one that still supports the Empire.

I never had none of my toons return to the imp side however I only played 2 through onslaught. My sith inq hates the the empire for what it is and is similiar to ashara where he thinks neither side is right but feels like the republic is the lesser of the evils so he becomes a sabuteur. Now my Imp agent sided with the imps he is kindof like my inquistor believing that the empire needs to change starting with not leaving the sith dictate their lifes. At the end of his story I decided he would go off on his own as he didn't want to be anyones puppet any longer with that being said the reason he never sided with the pubs is because of the Spoiler for imp story

brainwashing he undergone when he was undercover and how cruel the republic was with it so he decided to remain independent and fight where he is needed and hopefully change the way of the empire

I would disagree with many of the declarations in this thread that Darth Nox would definitely rejoin the Empire.

I dont think Darth Nox would forsake the ways of the Sith, but I also don't think they would be happy returning to the Empire as Acina's lapdog either.

By the end of the vanilla story Darth Nox is certainly more powerful and accomplished than Acina, and despite losing your initial powerbase, you have rebuilt one in the form of the alliance.

I think it's much more likely that Darth Nox would maintain the alliance, in close partnership with the Empire - always seeking a moment of weakness in which they can usurp Acina and take their rightful place as Sith Emperor.

All your personal preference and what you think your character would do. I only played one class through KOTFE+, which I use as my main character and such. He is Twi'lek Consular who decided to stay independent. He found a new way to approach the force and has built this new home for countless people from many walks of life.

There is no reason for him to submit to another political entity. He is no longer a Jedi, and he remembers Saresh and her corrupt ways. He wants nothing to do with it- and he obviously doesn't want to join the Sith Empire. He has people from both walks of life that he now leads, and he leads them as an independent entity.

This here is the way am playing my consular. Right now he is seeing the bad in republic especially during chapter 2 with the rift alliance. He is going to want a place where people from both sides of the force can come and learn in peace and a safe haven from the empire and republics way. Now my inquisitor decided to become a sab and remain independent because he hates the way the imps treat aliens as second class citizens

I would disagree with many of the declarations in this thread that Darth Nox would definitely rejoin the Empire.

I dont think Darth Nox would forsake the ways of the Sith, but I also don't think they would be happy returning to the Empire as Acina's lapdog either.

By the end of the vanilla story Darth Nox is certainly more powerful and accomplished than Acina, and despite losing your initial powerbase, you have rebuilt one in the form of the alliance.

I think it's much more likely that Darth Nox would maintain the alliance, in close partnership with the Empire - always seeking a moment of weakness in which they can usurp Acina and take their rightful place as Sith Emperor.

I was looking at it from a slightly different point of view: without the Eternal Fleet the Alliance is no longer the most powerful faction in the Galaxy. In fact it's little more than a relic now and to cling to it would be sentimental. In words of Overseer Tremel when something is no longer useful it should be eradicated. My Nox chose to return to the Empire, as it is the true power in the Galaxy now, but he's definitely not loyal to anyone but himself and one day he will steal Acina's throne.

I really hope the next story update gives our Imperial characters (Wrath and Nox) the option to express their desire to dethrone Acina and take their rightful place as the Sith Emperor (no one else is worthy)- to Lana or someone. So far the dialogue options have made it seem like the former Eternal Emperor is all too eager to serve the Empire and it's weak Empress. That is not the way.