Ch1 Wrath and Ruin - Defeat the Zakuul Walker

Protoaloe

Help, I am stuck in this game not being able to do this and cannot go on, sob..........

OK the Zakuul walker is so clumsy hate to play it. But anyway, when I have to kill that other Zakuul Walker I run/walk up to him and I can get 1/4 point on killing the bastard and get killed myself.

I looked at the walkthrough and that guy killed him with stepping on him non stop but that for me does not even hurt him one mm. I can only hurt him by firing at him and get quite far (also killing small mobs coming along, along the side) but every time I get a tiny biit upon killing that Walker, I die.

This is so frustrating and it looks like it is a bug or something!

To have a thing like this in a game and thereby causing a person that has played for years on this game to come to a dead stop because I cannot go on is sooooo frustrating!!!! I don't know what to do.

HELP

Periodically, the Zak walker will cast(1) a big attack, and during the cast time there will be a red "path" with fences on the side showing where the attack will go. When this begins, break off what you're doing and move yourself out of the path. Do not hesitate, do not pass Go, do not collect 200 €, just move. Even if you're concentrating on flattening the adds, you still have to get out of the way of that attack.

If the stomp isn't working, that means you aren't close enough. The stomp is unusual in that you can do it even if there's nothing in range, just like "Slam" for a Sith Warrior, because it's what's called a "Point Blank Area of Effect" (PBAoE) ability, but you do have to be right up close if you want it to actually work.

Last thing to check: do you take advantage of the repair station just off to the right (as seen looking up the slope at the shrine) before you attack the walker?

(1) Terminology: "cast" = activate an attack that takes time to wind up then delivers a big hit at the end of that time. As opposed to "channel" = activate an attack that takes time to happen, but delivers packets of damage/healing repeatedly during the time.

You can walk while charging your mega-beam cannon (that's what I'm calling it in this post, anyway), and while doing most of your attacks. Keep moving. Don't stop. Walk, shoot. Walk, shoot. When rocket-launching skytroopers land and charge up their rockets, take them out. One of the cardinal rules of almost any operation boss fight is to kill adds ASAP. It's no different in this one. Also, like Steve said, there's a repair station right near the area where the fight takes place. It looks like a green circle of light. Step into it before you start the fight. Finally I'd suggest using all your attacks, not just stomp. Use your missiles. Use your mega-beam cannon. Use the regular blaster cannon. Use all your attacks. Keep moving around constantly while doing it.

• 3 months later...
6.0 seems to have bugged all sorts of inside-a-walker fights.

Yep got to this fight in Ch I of KOTFE today, and it's impossible. Stomp does zero dmg and the adds that spawn and missle you to death fast. It's scaling is definitely broken (I'm lvl 71)

Edited by Darklighter

Same problems. I feel like I am an example of the definition of insanity: Trying the same thing hoping for different results. Periodic breaks to check other character crafters, doing an unrelated quest help. But I am blocked from progression until I kill that damned walker.

Same problems. I feel like I am an example of the definition of insanity: Trying the same thing hoping for different results. Periodic breaks to check other character crafters, doing an unrelated quest help. But I am blocked from progression until I kill that damned walker.

Bioware : "Don't worry guys! We'll fix it.....NEXT WEEK!"

Yeah, the whole walker part of this quest is ****ed. It took me 7 tries just to make it to the Zakuul Walker, and another 4 to beat him. Best advice I can give is to bombard him with both the Fury Mortars, and your walker's basic attack. The stomp no longer works. When he pops his shield, and summons the rocket ******e adds, use a grav mine, pop your 3-second shield, and kill the adds as fast as you can. When I fought him, he only does the shield/add phase twice, so if you make it past the second phase, you should just be able to spam him to death with Fury Mortars, and the basic attack. Hope this helps!

• 3 weeks later...

Same with me. Stomping has no effect. Can't do enough damage. The recharge station mentioned (the one to the right) is gone. Very frustrating. And the walkers are soooo slow.

It is my opinion that the expansions are getting repetitive. Go through a gauntlet and fight a boss. Go through a gauntlet and fight a boss. Go through a gauntlet and fight a boss. At least that's how it feels.

Edited by skipperdarrell
adding info

• 2 weeks later...
I've done fairly well so far, so it has been really frustrating to get stopped at this walker fight. I've been here for hours trying every way I could think of. No matter what I do, I die first. I've read and appreciated the comments here and have tried them, with limited success. I can't even abort and come back later, as there seems to be no way out of this walker until I'm finished. I can understand SWTOR wanting to give us a challenge, but let's make it reasonable, please. The walker moves so slowly, it's hard to get out of the red, and my 'tools' don't seem to do much damage. When I divert to get the adds, the walker really takes my health down.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I have my Smuggler doing this fight now. I've had numerous chars go through this fight before with no issues. NOW this fight is unwinnable! WTH Bioware/EA?! We'd like to continue with our storylines! Or are you excited over the prospect of losing what little player base you have left?

I have my Smuggler doing this fight now. I've had numerous chars go through this fight before with no issues. NOW this fight is unwinnable! WTH Bioware/EA?! We'd like to continue with our storylines! Or are you excited over the prospect of losing what little player base you have left?

Oh and I did submit a Bug Report and a Ticket.

The powers-that-be will get back probably....never. One actually has to care about their player base in order to care.

I received a response to this dilemma from one of the techs. As I understand it this issue with the Zakuulan walker is under investigation and should be remedied in the next patch...whenever that will be.

How long ago was the last one? I can't remember...

I played this game for several years, including the initial beta. I got irritated with it during the eternal fleet expansions and quit at maximum level 65. Decided to give it another shot two nights ago and ran into this which is basically the first chapter since I quit. So this is what I get for coming back - a bug so bad you basically can't get past it. Good job, Bioware.

I am facing the same problem: stumping generates zero damage and the rockets alone are too weak. Shield lasts for 1 sec only, so before I finish with the first 4 snipers, half of my life is gone.

Support claims the bug was repaired and suggested to reset the mission. That had no effect what so ever, I faced the same thing.

• 4 weeks later...

Had this same issue; left it for the last couple of weeks then looked on the forums and found this thread. Based on the report that the bug had been fixed I tried again today and used the suggestions here.

Found shooting the adds more effective than stomping, kept the shield up amap, circled the walker when not zapping adds, and kept firing on it. I also tried stomping the walker at close range (on top of it really) I think it also did some damage that way. When my health bar went below 30% I went to the shrine entrance, moved out of line of the red beams every time, kept up firing on the walker, and BARELY survived.

At least it's done. All to have some of my choices stick going forward with this game; not what I'd call fun. That said I haven't tried out Jedi under seizure with an imp, Ossus was nice the little I've done, and I'm trying to be positive about future story plans. I would like to get past kotxx as far and as fast as possible.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Me too. But I shall go back and try some of the tips on this thread. Will let you know.;)

Yes!! Done it. Like other's have said, get into the doorway and just keep out of the red boundaries and keep firing.

Edited by gottaloveme
update