Stories that have made you to cry?

Rebamcfan

This is probably an odd question, but I was wondering if there are moments in story within the game that have made you all-emotional or literally have made you cry? For me, there are two stories that have struck me really hard into the deepest corners of my heart.

The Agent´s class story on Rishi when you encounter the Keeper and and assist him in saving Watcher 2. When I heard that what had happened to her, I felt pity and sorry for her, after everything she had gone through. What really made it more heartwrenching and made me literally to cry, was when she told to Agent that she did not wish for her conditioning to be undone.. I don't know why it hit me so hard, but after all that what she had gone through and how she had been programmed to obey, combined with the Keeper's comment about how my Agent chose to serve the Empire while Watcher 2 did not, made it all more hurting. :(

The other one that wrenched me too comes from the end of Smuggler's story on Hoth when they encouter a Force-sensitive Kitonak child suffering from severe brain-damage, and whom the White Maw Pirates beat violently to abuse his nascent powers in the Force to carry out their raids. For this one, when I got to this part for the first time, I had to stop playing for a moment since my eyes were blurring from tears. I can't remember when a video game would've produced such a powerful effect on me as this particular part did, but since I've worked with people who have had various disabilities, it just struck me hard was the fact that all the horror was inflicted upon an innocent child suffering from brain-damage, who was constantly made to live in fear and without any comfort, all for the greed of ambitious people.

The Romance with Vector, when he tell me, that he die, when his connection is lost too long with the swarm. (The Scene, when he show his real eyes). That was a moment, where I would to delete my character to play the scene again. Nice :)

Theron Shan's character has always been a big impact to my characters story line and Lana. I hope they never remove them. I liked all the story lines but, I know each person has their own feel for the game. I get a laugh out of what characters are with mine in game and how they interact, it make the game feel more exciting to play. PS Vette is also fun.

This didn't make me cry, but it was a pretty emotional event and an event that made my character act quite out of the norm.

During the Bounty Hunter story on Nar Shaddaa you are introduced to Mako's friend Anuli. I fell in love with this kid. My Hunter's personality was modeled after Mira from KotOR 2, so both in and out of character I felt a lot of compassion for Anuli and really wanted to take them away from that life on Nar Shaddaa. If we were given the option I would have accepted Anuli onto my ship as part of my crew, or even just offered free passage to somewhere else where they could have a better life. Being modeled after Mira, my BH had a policy of not killing unless it was in defense and always favored taking their bounties in alive. Not this time. When the Eidolon killed Anuli they signed their death warrant. This was their Khaaaan moment, and it was the one time during that story and playthrough that I made the choice to kill our target without remorse.

This didn't make me cry, but it was a pretty emotional event and an event that made my character act quite out of the norm.

During the Bounty Hunter story on Nar Shaddaa you are introduced to Mako's friend Anuli. I fell in love with this kid. My Hunter's personality was modeled after Mira from KotOR 2, so both in and out of character I felt a lot of compassion for Anuli and really wanted to take them away from that life on Nar Shaddaa. If we were given the option I would have accepted Anuli onto my ship as part of my crew, or even just offered free passage to somewhere else where they could have a better life. Being modeled after Mira, my BH had a policy of not killing unless it was in defense and always favored taking their bounties in alive. Not this time. When the Eidolon killed Anuli they signed their death warrant. This was their Khaaaan moment, and it was the one time during that story and playthrough that I made the choice to kill our target without remorse.

Wow, that's a very interesting and heartbreaking moment for your character. Its an angle I hadn't considered really.

• 2 weeks later...

I think the only time I got legit emotional was during

During the Imperial Agent's quest on Rishi. Meeting up with the ex-Minister, finding out his plan to save Shara Jenn. The ending of that story and how the Agent has this desperation in their voice, certain it will be Shara who can fix the Galactic Conflict situation. The pure emotion of that ending was pretty overwhelming.

The quest on Taris where you find the holograms of the Promised Ones and know they lost their immunity from the plague. The kicker was when the girl couldn’t pronounce “toxic radiation”.

This. Ever since we found out Taris would be in SWTOR, I'd been waiting to see the fate of the Outcasts. :(

Edited by BradTheImpaler

I've had a similar experience but on Korriban...

As a child, I was a subject to massive bullying, and because of that, all my characters on the Imperial side therefore has a "don't be an ******e, and kill for fun" attitude... (lightside Imperial)

When you arrive as an ex-slave to undergo the trials, you meet up with Harkun...

His arrogance and racism-like behaviour, instantly made me hate him, and just because of that, I took the red dialogue option every time the possibility was there...

I so much wished, that I got an option to kill him..........

As a child, I was a subject to massive bullying, and because of that, all my characters on the Imperial side therefore has a "don't be an ******e, and kill for fun" attitude... (lightside Imperial)

When you arrive as an ex-slave to undergo the trials, you meet up with Harkun...

His arrogance and racism-like behaviour, instantly made me hate him, and just because of that, I took the red dialogue option every time the possibility was there...

You can kill him later in the story.

After while I realized... Harkun is an excellent teacher of Sith. Remember, Sith and the Dark side are all about anger, hatred and fear. Who incites more anger hatred and fear than Harkun? He's an a-hole, but he is trying to teach you how to be a Sith, which means making you mad and stirring up your anger and passions. The madder you get at Harkun, the more powerful you are, and he knows this. He is intentionally inciting your passions to make you stronger. He is intentionally putting you in bad spots to make you work harder.

He knows Ffon is a fairly mediocre Sith and doesn't have the mental capacity (Ffon doesn't successfully solve a single difficult problem the entire time), let alone the force strength to succeed. But, by seeming to favor him, he gets you to always put in your best effort. Think about it, he never really challenges Ffon, gives him easy trials... pats him on the head and tells him how great he is. He challenges you, makes you mad and inspires hatred and passion and forces you to always get better and stonger. Which one is he really getting ready for the life of a Sith?

Vemrin would have eaten Ffon for lunch...

Edited by Tyrloch

After while I realized... Harkun is an excellent teacher of Sith. Remember, Sith and the Dark side are all about anger, hatred and fear. Who incites more anger hatred and fear than Harkun? He's an a-hole, but he is trying to teach you how to be a Sith, which means making you mad and stirring up your anger and passions. The madder you get at Harkun, the more powerful you are, and he knows this. He is intentionally inciting your passions to make you stronger. He is intentionally putting you in bad spots to make you work harder.

He knows Ffon is a fairly mediocre Sith and doesn't have the mental capacity (Ffon doesn't successfully solve a single difficult problem the entire time), let alone the force strength to succeed. But, by seeming to favor him, he gets you to always put in your best effort. Think about it, he never really challenges Ffon, gives him easy trials... pats him on the head and tells him how great he is. He challenges you, makes you mad and inspires hatred and passion and forces you to always get better and stonger. Which one is he really getting ready for the life of a Sith?

Vemrin would have eaten Ffon for lunch...

I mean that assume Harkun actually cares about you, but with the way the story was presented that isn't the case. Harkun is what he was shown, a speciest/racist old Sith who was willing to give his prodigy the shortcuts which ironically proved to be Ffon's doom. However for you he was a good Overseer since he constantly challenged you, but not because he cared for you but merely because you were an insect his favorite student would take out or die on his/her trials.

Overseer Tremel however is the opposite of a good overseer for you, as he constantly aids you during your trials, he essentially treats you as if you were the Ffon to his Harkun.

• 3 weeks later...
The quest on Taris where you find the holograms of the Promised Ones and know they lost their immunity from the plague. The kicker was when the girl couldn’t pronounce “toxic radiation”.

I don't even do this mission anymore, it's too sad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Theron Shan in Iokath. The whole thing was quite emotional. The initial incident hurt, a lot. Once in a while a side character in a fictional story just gets to me. I care what happens to the character as much if not more than the main character. Cedric Diggory in Harry Potter. Pex in Classic Doctor Who. Delenn in Babylon 5. For SWTOR it's Theron right from the beginning in Revan. I almost always pick the character who dies even though I didn't know that was going to happen. Maybe it's a sympathetic sixth sense. Theron will always live for all my characters including the Dark ones. He's a hero.

I've been playing for far too long, so whatever crying I did..I forgot most of it lol

But in recent content, I would say

Marr death. I didn't know much about him, beside he was scary like hell. But him standing up to Valkorian was amazing, gave me goose bumps and I was in shock when he died. Cose I though, of all the Sith Lord..or Dark Lord....he could safe guard the Empire until we can find a no-lunatic to rule . And then he get killed, so he can become a ghost....and blahblah . I would probably cry if something happen to Satele Shan . Killing her in the dream was bad enough :(

I did cry from Joy :

Killing Harkun. Killing Baras , some of the **** the Smuggler said are still pricless Gold :D

And I cryed out of frustration at :

Ashara walking away instead of becoming a corpse, Arcann being a chosen of the dev and being a package with his Mom, I wanted to kill him and keep Senya and you can't . Oh well..both got killed .

Someone mentioned Vaylin .

And honestly, that was rather insulting . That past belong to Jack from mass effect 2! Cry me a river.....they couldn't even come up with something original . :mad:

Edited by SerraShar

When the Sith Inquisitor kills and tear Anathel away from his seat in the Dark Council... after so many years, Darth Nox is back!

Oh that scene was awesome !! Although my Nox shrugged at Acina offer and walked away lol me think we saw some smoke coming from her ear lol after her indulgence XD

The attack on Tython in Forged Alliance was tough to endure. My Sith Warrior was my first character to play it, so I didn't know what to expect. It was emotional to play it remembering way back when my first SWTOR character being the Jedi Knight and training on Tython. I enjoyed the game, but I didn't enjoy attacking Tython.

• 1 month later...
I almost shed some tears of joy when my Hunter finally killed Jun Seros... but not before telling him how he failed completely and how the chancellor of the Republic would soon follow. My BH was dark side but he always cared about his companions and comrades, so this jedi and the chancellor were always going to pay dearly for kidnapping and killing people close to him. I feel like the chancellor probably even tried to make him betray Tormen. He got shot before he could make his offer. Revenge was sweet.