Senator of Odessen

ruffolofi

If your Republic character chooses to rejoin the Republic they were told they will get to choose a senator from the Alliance ranks to represent Odessen in the Republic. I doubt we will get to choose... it will probably have to be someone like Lana or Theron, but personally I would LOVE the option to choose Arcann. He has some political experience and was an effective leader, to say the least. Also giving him responsibility is a show of trust and another step in his road to recovery. He's also my favorite character so I would just love new content with him.

Who do you think should be the first Senator of Odessen?

Arcaan probably is still pretty unpopular in the Republic. He's not a great choice.

His mother, on the other hand, likely has experience in politics and probably has fans in the Republic who appreciate her efforts during the fight with Zakuul.

So, Senya is my preferred choice for Senator.

Not to mention the jedi probably respect her. I mean she turned against her own people and was able to cleanse her son of the darkness inside of him

Arcaan probably is still pretty unpopular in the Republic. He's not a great choice.

His mother, on the other hand, likely has experience in politics and probably has fans in the Republic who appreciate her efforts during the fight with Zakuul.

So, Senya is my preferred choice for Senator.

Senya would definitely be a great choice though she doesn't really have the right temperament for politics. She seems to prefer to solve problems with her fists rather than her head. But I think she could get involved with Task Force Nova in trying to find the missing Jedi or even help the Order rebuild.

If your Republic character chooses to rejoin the Republic they were told they will get to choose a senator from the Alliance ranks to represent Odessen in the Republic.

No. We are told that we will have to choose a Senator. There is no indication that we *must* choose from the Alliance ranks, although it doesn't really make sense for it to be otherwise, especially since there is no native (non-Alliance) population to choose from.

Arcann clearly cannot be the *only* choice, since for some characters he is *dead*.

On the other hand, some of my characters would love the chance to be contrarian and choose Kaliyo, just to see the look on *her* face before she kills my character. (No, I'm not serious here. Everybody, including Kaliyo herself, would hate having her as Senator.)

In head cannon I choose Theron. He can't go back to SIS, too much baggage. Despite his innocence few know the true story of his alleged betrayal so isn't trusted on Odessen despite my exonerating him. Having him be off world would be best. He has experience dealing with bureaucracy, secrecy, and manipulation, the perfect qualifications for a Senator. People will be trying to gain his favor given the success of the Alliance, try to embarrass or harass him from those who hate the Alliance, or try to manipulate him because Odessen is the new guy in the Republic so in theory doesn't know how things work yet. He can see through all that and handle it.

He may not like politics, but two things will make him happy about the situation. One, he will try to get on the Republic Intelligence Committee, or whatever it's called - the Senate oversight of the SIS. He would love to be their boss. Second, I'll be on Coruscant rebuilding the Jedi Order, so where would my husband want to be but by my side.

Too bad Pubs can't recruit Vector. He'd be an ideal choice.

My JC would probably choose Nadia. She has politics in her blood. My Smuggler might choose Risha for the same reason (the one that sided republic- the other one is a Spy ….shhhh!)

T7-01 or C2N2 has my vote. Seriously, having an AI represent the alliance would rock.

(I wouldn't make M1-4X a senator though, too war-mongering).

I wouldn't choose any of my soldiers (Havoc squad, Rusk, etc) because they are better off where they are, on the battlefield. Same goes for Senya and my Mandalorians (They rock on the battlefield, not waste them on politics).

I want a companion that would be able to handle politicians to be my rep, and I really think T7-01 or C2N2 would be good for the job.

• 4 months later...

Elara is probably old enough to be a viable choice. She's got a good head on her shoulders and the right temperament for politics. Raina Temple could also be a decent choice for the same reasons.

Senya could work since she is actually aging and might be ready for retirement and a simpler life. She said she wasn't afraid to speak her mind and that's why Valkorion liked her. This head strong trait could make her a good representative for odessen as she wouldn't let the planet or its people be manipulated by any republic agenda that wouldn't suit their best interests.

Lana to me makes the most sense because she is a sith and politics are right up her alley. If one can survive sith politics, they can make it anywhere I believe.

Edited by JYthelifesaver

There is only one individual on Odessen that would be perfect for the job of Senator of Odessen...

Dr. Juvard Illip Oggurobb!

He has a keen mind, a sharp tongue and centuries of experience. Not to mention that he can be quite charming and charismatic despite his imposing stature. Since the Republic has had a Hutt Supreme Chancellor in the past, I see no reason why our beloved Hutt scientist couldn't become Senator of Odessen!

Fun fact: The Hutt Supreme Chancellor I spoke of held that office for 275 years and due to his reign the Republic was ushered into an age of prosperity. Who says Hutts can't be honourable beings? :D

Edited by Ylliarus