Good guy in the Empire

Tithenernil

Hi everyone,

I'm starting the game with a group of friends and they all want to join the Empire. Sadly for me, I'm a goody two shoes by heart and it's really hard to play a bad guy.

I come to ask you what is the easiest class story to be a good guy in the Empire ? I saw you can choose options on some quests, but most of the time it's be a psycho killer or ne a normal bad guy.

Thank you for your help.

May the Force be with you.

Don't worry, even if you play as an imperial, you won't be totally evil. I find the Sith Empire stories more interesting because it's all about "what is evil", while the Republic stories are very "We're the good guys". Try any class you want, you won't be disappointed.

Hmm I think like it was said by others, Imperial Agent would be the best on that. Also remember that sometime you don't have to pick Dark Side or Light side option all the time... you can sometimes chose neutral choices...

However I highly recommend to try the Light Side Sith, be it Inquisitor or Warrior as I personally found it to be very interesting and entertaining, not to mention how the game treat you as something "unheard off", rare or extremely unique among Sith and Jedi a like in multiple occasions in the story. ;)

Also I will agree that a lot of dark side options are a bit on the crazy, completely self-destructive and just plain ridiculous or even hilarious on an edge lord parody level... that even in a fantasy setting you know a character like that can only be alive because your the main PC, you got Plot Armor, with some smart NPC carrying the story for you. lol :rolleyes:

Edited by Zehal

Hmm I think like it was said by others, Imperial Agent would be the best on that. Also remember that sometime you don't have to pick Dark Side or Light side option all the time... you can sometimes chose neutral choices...

However I highly recommend to try the Light Side Sith, be it Inquisitor or Warrior as I personally found it to be very interesting and entertaining, not to mention how the game treat you as something "unheard off", rare or extremely unique among Sith and Jedi a like in multiple occasions in the story. ;)

Also I will agree that a lot of dark side options are a bit on the crazy, completely self-destructive and just plain ridiculous or even hilarious on an edge lord parody level... that even in a fantasy setting you know a character like that can only be alive because your the main PC, you got Plot Armor, with some smart NPC carrying the story for you. lol :rolleyes:

Well I took all light sided story choices for Taris as got only praised by Sith Lord who overseen the operation, cause I saved some high ranking imperials which got exchanged for republican officer I spared, saved ancient Sith Creations and spread fear to Republic, even spared the stupid Sith redhead lass, got some credits from her too. :D

When you play as Imperial guy light side options are usually practical and long term ones, as capture assets for Empire instead of destroying them, recruit allies instead of making all unite against you and so on while when I play as Pub most often the choice is between be nice to everybody and do some tough choices Republic needs to make to survive.After a while I disabled too tips and took the choices my Toon would take wherever light or dark, you can always press this committ to dark/light button and give your companions gifts anyways as game is not as unforgiving as eight years ago.

I don't think there is any class that makes playing as a good guy "easier" than others, being light side is totally viable in any of them.

I have two notes though: My preference and my least liked.

The best class IMO to play light side is Sith Warrior. No class in the game, not even the Jedi ones, feel as gratifying with your light side choices. The entire first chapter of the game basically provides you with a playground to be one big contradiction towards the traditional Sith code interpretation.

The worst is male Inquisitor only for one simple, silly, reason: The male Inquisitor voice is cartoonishly evil. I just cannot take a guy seriously as a good guy when he's basically hissing his pronunciation.

All of them accommodate it reasonably well, you will have to skip a few side quests that are inherently dickish (especially on Taris) but thats not going to really hurt you any given the game drowns you in XP and the real money in this game is from crafting mods that go into moddable equipment and selling it on the player market anyway.

I just want to say LS doesn't always mean its the good thing. I find alot of the choices are just grey I mean one that sticks out is the story arc on balmorra where you can either destroy a weapon that can be used to destroy other planets ( with the planet its on dying) or keep it so that the republic can use it as a deterrent to stop the empires attacks. Other then some straight up choices like in the SW and SI story I don't think theres that many good choices to be made in the game. My honest opinion is since its your first time playing don't go picking one side exclusively instead take a second and put yourself in your toons shoes and ask what would you do if you were in that situation

Much also depends on your first companion. Many of the side quests in particular, Khem Val (Inquisitor) and Kaliyo (Agent) are going to prefer dark side choices, and Mako (Bounty Hunter) and Vette (Warrior) are going to prefer Light side most of the time.

But, you can go against the grain and "buy" their influence with presents. And along your story line, you will obtain other companions that prefer the other side.

I've played both light side and dark side characters, so have fun with whichever class you decide.