Stories that have made you to cry?

Rebamcfan

• The death of Marr was really emotionally powerful and very unexpected...when it happened I had to take a few minutes to process it.

• When I had to chose and got one of the faction representative (of zekuul, republic and imperial) killed... that really left me feeling awful.

• The death of Vette, I though I could rescue her in time... how wrong I was...what was more frustrating was as powerful as my Inquisitor was, I was not even give a choice to heal her or revive her... I felt angry, frustrated and so sad at that moment. Not to mention that I could not save or redeem Vaylin...

• When Theron betray me and when I had to give a message, I chose the good one... when I heard the words of my character how he still believe in Theron... it really got me emotional. Not to mention Arcann telling me to give him a chance!

I play mainly as Darth Imperious for its unique take not only on the Empire, but how he believes in the potential of good in people and thought his abilities were virtually dark side orientated, unlike many other Sith before and after the Dark Lord, Imperius never became corrupted by the Dark Side, capable of even using light side techniques at the same time.

So to role play with such a unique character in the "Legends Star Wars Universe" really makes me weight a lot on the consequences of decisions. Specially as a force sensitive Chiss (adding a more personal layer to its story taking in account how the Chiss see Force Users) that began as a slave and learn to master the Dark Side without falling to its influence to survive. So when it comes to story it kinda adds to the emotional impact some events had!

Edited by Zehal

I almost shed some tears of joy when my Hunter finally killed Jun Seros... but not before telling him how he failed completely and how the chancellor of the Republic would soon follow. My BH was dark side but he always cared about his companions and comrades, so this jedi and the chancellor were always going to pay dearly for kidnapping and killing people close to him. I feel like the chancellor probably even tried to make him betray Tormen. He got shot before he could make his offer. Revenge was sweet.

Was same for me with the chancellor. Not just revenge, but for proof, that nobody is invincible, or above consequences. I hate how nobles in games, and stories are doing all sort of evil, and dark things, and just get away with it, or at least expect that.

He could have given you an open apology, and publicly declare Jun as traitor, and have him arrested for his actions. He could have fixed this abuse anytime. Now, that he is at my freaking gunpoint offers an apology? Seriously? You failed old man, and now you are going to pay the price. Not to mention, that turning against my employer is bad for business. Who wants a bounty hunter who might switch sides?

Well the thread gives pretty much all the sad examples from this game. For joy i always liked killing people who are full of themselves so i could say, that almost every end-story enemy. While i see this as a good thing it became boring by the end of the final class story i played. They should have made at least a few main villain who just does their job, and would not gloat, threaten, or backstab you. Though there were temporary enemies with the right attitude.

Except the jedi knight. Many of his enemies are honorable foes. People who just followed their orders, or goals without pointless gloating, or putting more into danger, than required. And when they did it was with regret. Or were simply brainwashed/mind controlled fanatics.

As for truly difficult moment to watch. I think i would go with the Taris survivors holos. Mostly, because i played KOTOR1, and remember the spacer who showed them the "promised lands". But it was a lie. That was their grave.

Was same for me with the chancellor. Not just revenge, but for proof, that nobody is invincible, or above consequences. I hate how nobles in games, and stories are doing all sort of evil, and dark things, and just get away with it, or at least expect that.

He could have given you an open apology, and publicly declare Jun as traitor, and have him arrested for his actions. He could have fixed this abuse anytime. Now, that he is at my freaking gunpoint offers an apology? Seriously? You failed old man, and now you are going to pay the price. Not to mention, that turning against my employer is bad for business. Who wants a bounty hunter who might switch sides?

Exactly. I didn't buy his whole "apology". He didn't have to condemn the Hunter in front of the entire galaxy and blame him for the things he didn't do. For me the old snake was afraid to die, so he tried to do everything is his power to survive, which consisted of his forced apology, him distancing himself from the actions of Seros (something he could've done at ANY point but didn't!) and ultimately even trying to make me go after Tormen who was nothing but respectful and professional to my character and never tried to betray him. It's funny how Seros was more like a sith than a jedi with all those kidnappings and assassinations, he was just a hypocrite (after all I'm sure in his mind the sith kill for fun but he killed for "justice"!) . Just like the chancellor. Even if my Hunter was light side, I'd still choose to kill those two. They simply deserved it.

• 2 weeks later...

- Arcann's death. It was emotional playing KOTET back to back with two completely different characters: Knight who helped Senya save Arcann and redeemed him and Inquisitor who did everything he could to torment and taunt Arcann before he killed him. I couldn't enjoy Arcann's death scene at all even though my character sure did.

- Valkorion's death. My first playthrough of KOTFE/KOTET was as the Warrior. I played him as someone who was completely dedicated to the Empire and the Emperor. So being betrayed, again, and being forced to be the one to ultimately destroy Valkorion was terrible for him. It was a good bittersweet ending to a great story though.

- Hunter's death. I was sad he had to die. My Agent, who was the Hand of Jadus, ended up giving the information to Jadus's lackeys too. Hardest choice in the entire game, but in the end she simply did not believe she could stand up to the Sith and especially not someone as powerful as Darth Jadus... but it felt like a betrayal of herself.

Edited by ruffolofi

None have made me cry. Several plots for characters have annoyed me though.

Vaylin (KOTET) - Really? Why didn't you let me side with her or help her?!

Theron (Traitor Arc) - Theron's stupidity resulted in the loss of my fleet and flagship.

Watcher II & the other returning characters (Nathema) - You brought all those characters back just to die?!

Darth Malora (Ossus) - A chance to meet someone from ... and she's gone.

None have made me cry. Several plots for characters have annoyed me though.

Vaylin (KOTET) - Really? Why didn't you let me side with her or help her?!

Even try to help her, really. Yes, there were a couple that kind of sounded like that was the intent, but they just didn't make up for our treatment of her in chapters 6-8.

But I digress.

I don't know that I cry either, really, not during game play, anyway. But several of the Nemesis characters in Nathema Conspiracy annoy me. I found Senya's death, with the Light Side dialog, to be fairy affecting, though I dislike that path otherwise. Kira fighting for control of her life and destiny. Felix coming back and telling us what was done to him (and, seriously, BWA, you should have let us murder Jarak).

All I can think of at the moment.