So....about Vaylin....

Nihilix

Is she just running around inside your head now?! We didn't eradicate her spirit like we did to Valkorian! I don't know about you guys, but I gave her the choice to side with me, she approved and she (along with Arcann and Senya, beautiful family moment fyi) helped me wipe the floor with Valkorian. So, she's just there now? Is that what future chapters could be about? I wanted to help the lady, especially after seeing the 'Betrayal' trailer, so maybe that opportunity will arise, but I feel a lot of the player base may not like that. Thoughts?

P.s. You could have given me 3 choices with Vaylin Bioware!!!! Why you make me kill her?

[Light] Knock her out, take her to the Voss Mystics

[less light/ Neutral] Sever her connection to the force. Jedi do it, so can I.

[Dark] Shishkebob her. Which we all did.

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really hope we get more on this, and I also would like to try and work towards getting her mind fixed like Arcann. The chapter were we go to Nathema was just... horrifying. To think all of this was being done to some 12-15 y/o kid was gut wrenching, and it really gave me some sympathy for her. Arcann sort of got off easy, Valk just manipulated into a rage filled kid with daddy issues, but he flat out broke Vaylin. I do hope they expand on her lingering spirit and I hope we give her closure.

But in all likelihood we'll probably just switch gears towards Malgus.

I dont know about saving her..but I for one..was looking to force bind the whole family . It would've been so good for the Ghost my Sorc lost , they could replace them lol .

Edit: But it's true , that they should've given us more choices . And before anyone say they hate her and are happy to kill her , look at the big pictures . More replayabilities , more options are always a good things .

I mean , we did try to save that Master whats her name on Ziost that Valk possessed . So why not Vaylin ? even if it feel like a giant mistake.....although , I wish Senya wouldve been the one to do the saving . Instead she saved that egghead arcann .

Edited by SerraShar

Vaylin was too crazy to let live. She was even murdering her own people on immature whims.

I don't think there is anything the writers could do to justify her becoming an ally, unless she had been written differently much earlier. (as in not batsh-t crazy)

Vaylin refusing to surrender and embrace the light side like Arcann, also felt completely in-character. Some characters should be irredeemable.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

Vaylin was too crazy to let live. She was even murdering her own people on immature whims.

I don't think there is anything the writers could do to justify her becoming an ally, unless she had been written differently much earlier. (as in not batsh-t crazy)

Vaylin refusing to surrender and embrace the light side like Arcann, also felt completely in-character. Some characters should be irredeemable.

while I agree with you on that first line..

It is still couldve been done in another way . Redeem her ? I don't think she is the kind who needed it . More like heal her , heal the damage Valk did to her , and then release her from the hatred and pain that was eating her alive . Then kill her . What would that accomplish , well for one in the ending she may come back as how Vaylin could've been if daddy didnt mess her up . That would've been worth seeing and is a good opportunity for a LS Player .

while I agree with you on that first line..

It is still couldve been done in another way . Redeem her ? I don't think she is the kind who needed it . More like heal her , heal the damage Valk did to her , and then release her from the hatred and pain that was eating her alive . Then kill her . What would that accomplish , well for one in the ending she may come back as how Vaylin could've been if daddy didnt mess her up . That would've been worth seeing and is a good opportunity for a LS Player .

Which seems right up the Consular's power house!

O.O They could have made her a Consular exclusive companion!

Vaylin had the perfect ending, she should be at rest with her brother. It makes no sense whatsoever to keep her around. I also don't think her force should be severed as she doesn't want to be controlled. And if you did, she wouldn't want to be with you as you took her power away...she isn't exactly great with physical combat.

Vaylin death was the best direction.

Which seems right up the Consular's power house!

O.O They could have made her a Consular exclusive companion!

buahahaha...Oops! my broccoli Jeeday leaked in that description :p

Muh....can you imagine the rage if they did that ? beside , we already have WAY too many companions and we cant do squat with them . Not every cool NPC should be a companions...

We need some vilains and such lol or there would be no story.....

buahahaha...Oops! my broccoli Jeeday leaked in that description :p

Muh....can you imagine the rage if they did that ? beside , we already have WAY too many companions and we cant do squat with them . Not every cool NPC should be a companions...

We need some vilains and such lol or there would be no story.....

I'm not saying the should or shouldn't. Just that, of all the classes, the Consular did get that whole healing rep :p

I'd give up all those non class non story related companions, to have just the story and the more important class companions back.

I know there are some Yuun fans out there, but he'd be one of those non important class companions :p

I know there are some Yuun fans out there, but he'd be one of those non important class companions :p

If there's one thing that always confused me, it was the decision for Yunn to be the gateway companion for the whole alliance alert system. I mean, you had much more popular non-basic speaking companions on hand. Yunn isn't heavily dis-liked or liked, he's just noted as existing.

I really hope we get more on this, and I also would like to try and work towards getting her mind fixed like Arcann. The chapter were we go to Nathema was just... horrifying. To think all of this was being done to some 12-15 y/o kid was gut wrenching, and it really gave me some sympathy for her. Arcann sort of got off easy, Valk just manipulated into a rage filled kid with daddy issues, but he flat out broke Vaylin. I do hope they expand on her lingering spirit and I hope we give her closure.

But in all likelihood we'll probably just switch gears towards Malgus.

Props to Vaylin's voice actress there. You could hear the painful horror in her voice when she thought she was going to die there. Between that and her facial expressions I, for the first time since we were introduced to her, actually felt sympathy for her.

Valkorion consumed her spirit, so when he died, she rested, too. I find it strange when ppl feel zero sympathy for these abused children. Arcann's mind could be healed. While Vaylin is different, she could have been healed, too. It's just bad writing we never even get the chance to try.

She's probably moved on the be one with the force now that her (entirely justified) daddy issues are dealt with.

That being said, damm was it satisfiying to see Valkorion being finally brought low with the help of at least some of the people whose life he ruined.

She was dragging around a droid torso/head for part of it. OMG I laughed so hard every time I saw her dragging that droid body. :D

If there's one thing that always confused me, it was the decision for Yunn to be the gateway companion for the whole alliance alert system. I mean, you had much more popular non-basic speaking companions on hand. Yunn isn't heavily dis-liked or liked, he's just noted as existing.

The fact that he is neither liked or disliked by a majority of players is probably exactly why they choose him. Since all the popular companions usually also have a huge "Why can't I kill that annoying b*tch/a*s already" crowd who might just decide to not recruit said popular companion and therefore miss out on all the alerts out of spite (or recruit her/him and then whine about having to recruit her/him in order to do alerts endlessly).

With Yuun everyone was basically all like: "Who? Oh that one weird Trooper follower. I don't care about that one at all but maybe I'll get an alert for [insert favorite companion here] later if I recruit him. Fair enough."

Edited by fovzwk

Valkorion consumed her spirit, so when he died, she rested, too. I find it strange when ppl feel zero sympathy for these abused children. Arcann's mind could be healed. While Vaylin is different, she could have been healed, too. It's just bad writing we never even get the chance to try.

Yeah. I enjoyed the story but this is one thing I hated. Vaylin suffered far worse abuse than Arcann but she's too 'broken' and undeserving of any redemption attempts. Now, Arcann (who killed more people than Vaylin did...how many planets did he destroy? Seems like he did a lot of damage in five years) , yeah he gets a full redemption path since mommy sacrifices herself for him.

Even when Vaylin dies, she's not even free of Valkorian's control. I thought the scene where her ghost tried to break his control but he forced her to fight you was sickening...at least we could free her ghost and kill Valk but eh...

Actually, I think this ties into a theme of the story overall, well; what I interpret as a theme. Not change itself, the ability to. No matter the faction, no matter dark or light. It's not where you are, it's that you can move. Arcann could change, he just needed the right push, but the Outlander can push him past that point as well by causing him to lose the only parental figure that actually gave a damn about him.

But Vaylin had been pushed past that point long ago thanks to Valkorian (Though arguably, it could also have been when Arcann defended Senya because Vaylin was actually close to Arcann), and pushed away or out-right attacked any chance that came her way. Vaylin was irredeemable, killing Valkorian and being free of his control was the best option she would ever get.

I would have liked a chance to recruit and/or redeem Vaylin, but I can't really find any fault with the way it all turned out. She seemed insane and irredeemable at first, but after the Nathema chapter it casts everything she did in an entirely different light. Not that the brutality and slaughter was excusable, necessarily, but that after the abuse and torture she endured she wasn't entirely responsible for what she became.

As for her ultimate fate, I feel that it was the best possible outcome for her. It's somewhat similar to Frodo's journey to the Grey Havens in the LOTR series, in that she had simply suffered too much for anything short of death to heal her. Senya's goal throughout KotFE and the first part of KotET was to redeem her daughter, but even she gave it up as a lost cause. She said it herself, that Vaylin was broken and that she had to be dealt with. Killing her was as much a mercy for Vaylin as it was destroying a dangerous enemy.

Edited by forceresssupreme

Yeah. I enjoyed the story but this is one thing I hated. Vaylin suffered far worse abuse than Arcann but she's too 'broken' and undeserving of any redemption attempts. Now, Arcann (who killed more people than Vaylin did...how many planets did he destroy? Seems like he did a lot of damage in five years) , yeah he gets a full redemption path since mommy sacrifices herself for him.

Even when Vaylin dies, she's not even free of Valkorian's control. I thought the scene where her ghost tried to break his control but he forced her to fight you was sickening...at least we could free her ghost and kill Valk but eh...

It's sickening for me because I've talked to people who were subjected to torture as children.

If you collect all 7 log entries for Nathema you learn the following.

-That Vaylin was kept in solitary confinement on Nathema

-That the guards were instructed to beat her until she stopped fighting back

-That Jara drugged her and subjected her to Electro-Shock Torture to make her compliant

-That she was forced to watch vivisection of anyone she made friends with on Nathema (a vivisection is when you cut up a living organism and it's almost always fatal)

-That her memories were corrupted by Valkorrion

-And she was taught to shut down her empathy and forced to help with the torture sessions.

My friends - this seems like an accurate description of HELL.

Nathema was at first creepy because of the Force being corrupted, but Vaylin's hellish time there?

I truly felt bad for her.

This. So much this. Nathema was creepy, the lab itself was creepy, but the Mad Scientist diary was pure Nighmare Fuel. After playing this chapter Vaylin gets a pass for all stupid crap she pulled in both KOTET and KOTFE... poor girl is really messed up beyond any measure...:(

And instead of doing anything for her except mercy killing, we get the option to save Arcann. :mad:

Edited by Gelious