Please reduce HM Affliction on Tyrans in Dread Palace (or make cleansible)

Regarding those saying you need KD for this boss…

You really don't. My group was in about 30-40% KD when we did this, and our healers were napping through most of it. I'm very confident we could go in there with a competent group of 72-geared players and one-shot him, even without being perfectly min-maxed. It feels like a well-tuned fight to me, at least with respect to the difficulty level they seemed to be targeting for the new HMs. (which is, incidentally, a lot lower of a difficulty level than the old NiMs)

The Affliction DoT is designed to put more pressure on healers. That's really what it's there for. Given that the healers aren't really doing much else during the fight, it seems like a pretty fair mechanic. 16k is like three heals. If you're running Op+Sorc, you can practically just bubble and HoT the target and then move on. Outside of Thundering Blast, Tyrans really doesn't hit that hard. Inferno is easy to move out of and trivial to place. Simplification is really the only mechanic that represents a concern, and a bit of coordination resolves it easily.

I'm not saying it's a trivial fight. It's still HM. I just really, really don't think it's overtuned, and the Affliction DoT is part of that tuning.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

This fight isn't even worth downgrading AT ALL. The healers in the raid group I am in never complained about healing through DoT ticks during the fight. The majority of the group were in mostly 72 gear with a couple of members possessing few 75 gear too. But then again, gear isn't everything. Skill and knowledge of mechanics also contribute to raiding too, this case, Tyrans fight was fun, simple and decently challenging.

This is HARD MODE! No offense, DruryGirl, but please do not make things easier than it is intended -__-

Remember how difficult HM Dread Guard was to heal when that first came out last year? This fight feels like about that level of difficulty. But the recommended gear rating for this op is higher than full 72s, so until you have a group in significant 78s from DF and comms, I think it is too early to call for nerfs.

For the record, I have not healed it, but did note my gunslinger was around 700 DtPS, which IS the highest I've seen to date. Be sure your DPS are using their defensive cooldowns when they get the DoT, it will make a significant difference. Also I'm not sure what the enrage timer here is, but it doesn't seem particularly tight. If Tyrans gets down to 30% or so, drop a DPS if you have to. Dead DPS still get to roll on loot. :-)

On the inferno, the only bug I noticed is that sometimes the buff will expire but no inferno appears. I don't believe it was jumping to someone else, but I can't be positive of that.

Remember how difficult HM Dread Guard was to heal when that first came out last year? This fight feels like about that level of difficulty. But the recommended gear rating for this op is higher than full 72s, so until you have a group in significant 78s from DF and comms, I think it is too early to call for nerfs.

Our healers said that it felt like post-nerf Dread Guard, except where most of the raid can stand in Salvation. Dread Guard is hard partially because AoE heals are mechanically gimped. Having AoE healing essentially takes care of the raid in its entirety, at which point it just becomes a matter of dealing with spike damage.

I'm going to go ahead and say what all the wonderful people on this thread have already said. I'm just going to drop the polite nature in which they said it. If you are struggling to heal this encounter. You are either 1. terribly, unacceptably undergeard or 2. a stroke victim who clicks.

kthx.

I could solo heal this in my sleep. :) (10/10 DP/DF hm)

Regarding those saying you need KD for this boss…

You really don't.

I was merely repeating what the weekly quest recommends, which while not gospel seems to suggest it is wise to grab a few higher tier bits.

Of course all the SirCopperfield's out there could probably do the op half naked, however if a group is in 72's and struggling then gearing up a little is a no brainer.