Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Transferred Character - Stronghold / Legacy Storage Unlocks Did Not Transfer

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
Transferred Character - Stronghold / Legacy Storage Unlocks Did Not Transfer

DawnAskham
09.12.2014 , 09:28 AM | #1
I transferred a character last week from a server where I had all four strongholds unlocked, a bunch of decorations unlocked, and all the legacy storage bay tabs unlocked.

On arrival at the destination server, none of the strongholds were unlocked (had to use terminal to get base NS stronghold), none of the legacy storage bay tabs were unlocked, yet all the decorations were in my collection.

From developer comments, it seemed strongholds and stronghold unlocks should transfer but did not, though detailed information on strongholds and character transfers is not available.

I have submitted a ticket, but a week has passed without a response or update (still shows as open).

Anyone else transfer a character with strongholds unlocked?

If so, did they transfer or not?

How about legacy cargo bay tabs?

Just trying to find out if this is a bug or not, and if other people are having the same thing happen when transferring characters and / or if they have gotten any responses from Bioware on how transfers should work with respect to strongholds and stronghold unlocks.

Barlisk
10.29.2014 , 08:11 PM | #2
Same issue with no answer to my ticket. I was told by other people in game that it is a bug and to open a ticket. Im going to call tomorrow and get the ticket looked at. I'm not only missing unlocks but ALL items in my legacy storage as well. Which is not mentioned in the warnings before transferring as one of the things to not be transferred with your character. If I get an update or a fix i'll let you know.

This was my only character on the server when I transfered so there is no reason my items should not have come with me as well as my unlocks. My legacy level and perks transferred just fine.

*Edit*
Didn't see the date on this. Did you ever get it fixed?

xxpcwizardxx
10.29.2014 , 10:03 PM | #3
char transfers were introduce beofre strongholds i bet you they were too lazy in added in of the transfer of your stronghold but make sense since the strong hold is tie to the legacy not the one character your transfering
May The Force Be With You.

Haxxsaw
10.29.2014 , 10:47 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Barlisk View Post
Same issue with no answer to my ticket. I was told by other people in game that it is a bug and to open a ticket. Im going to call tomorrow and get the ticket looked at. I'm not only missing unlocks but ALL items in my legacy storage as well. Which is not mentioned in the warnings before transferring as one of the things to not be transferred with your character. If I get an update or a fix i'll let you know.

This was my only character on the server when I transfered so there is no reason my items should not have come with me as well as my unlocks. My legacy level and perks transferred just fine.

*Edit*
Didn't see the date on this. Did you ever get it fixed?
When you transfer, items in your legacy storage will NOT transfer. Only items in the personal storage. You will also get all of your stronghold decorations transferred in your decoration wallet.

When you purchased the legacy storage, how did you purchase? There is a difference if you purchased with credits or CC.

Barlisk
10.30.2014 , 09:11 AM | #5
Everything else legacy related got transferred with it. So why not the items? Point is there is no warning that they wouldn't be transferred. And It was my only character on the server, so there is nothing on that server anymore. I recreated a character to make sure and there is nothing left there. Its all gone like a fart in the wind. And still no answer to the ticket. Will update after I call them later today.

Tannatra
10.30.2014 , 09:24 AM | #6
Everything else legacy related got transferred with it. So why not the items? Point is there is no warning that they wouldn't be transferred. And It was my only character on the server, so there is nothing on that server anymore. I recreated a character to make sure and there is nothing left there. Its all gone like a fart in the wind. And still no answer to the ticket. Will update after I call them later today.

if they copied the legacy storage that would be asking for item duplication. although it is a known issue and they really should reply... since all the items are now gone

Barlisk
10.30.2014 , 10:36 AM | #7
Quote: Originally Posted by Tannatra View Post
if they copied the legacy storage that would be asking for item duplication. although it is a known issue and they really should reply... since all the items are now gone
Only if I had Characters left on the server would it be duplication of items. Now that there are no characters and the character I transfered was the start of the legacy on that server, there shouldn't have been an issue with transferring the items as well. I don't see why they can't give a warning at least, let alone reply to my ticket.

I could understand if I had characters and a legacy left on that server though, then yes... I agree that it shouldn't/wouldn't be done for duplication sake.

Barlisk
10.30.2014 , 10:38 AM | #8
Quote: Originally Posted by Haxxsaw View Post
When you transfer, items in your legacy storage will NOT transfer. Only items in the personal storage. You will also get all of your stronghold decorations transferred in your decoration wallet.

When you purchased the legacy storage, how did you purchase? There is a difference if you purchased with credits or CC.
ya bud, got that part when I logged in and saw no items. Point is the website doesn't say that. I didn't purchase it, got it through the quest. And it shouldn't matter where I got it.

Haxxsaw
10.30.2014 , 04:40 PM | #9
ya bud, got that part when I logged in and saw no items. Point is the website doesn't say that. I didn't purchase it, got it through the quest. And it shouldn't matter where I got it.
But what is to say that you could not start another character on that original server? I am pretty sure the items would still be in legacy storage.

Barlisk
10.30.2014 , 06:05 PM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Haxxsaw View Post
But what is to say that you could not start another character on that original server? I am pretty sure the items would still be in legacy storage.
Had already mentioned that I did to check and see. Level 11 and nothing. No legacy and no stronghold.

Edit: My mistake, I guess I didn't mention it before, sorry. I have talked to too many people about this to know what was mentioned where. But all and all, I'll just wait for the ticket to get answered.