Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

UI Breaks Game Every Time?

JWagner
07.25.2015 , 09:08 PM | #1
Good evening.
Every time I log off my game, my UI was working. However, next time I load, it tries to boot up at the wrong resolution, and thus, never works.
I have to delete my UI every time in order to login properly... Anyone have any advise?

Thanks.

OwenBrooks
07.25.2015 , 09:15 PM | #2
UI has nothing to do really with the ingame resolution
I gather you are talking about the character login screen ? pressing alt + enter on that screen and then when logged in set ingame resolution again

or try checking the Nativeheight, NativeWdth, Height and Width (all 4) match the expected monitor resolution in the client_settings file

•Press the [Windows] Key + [R] at the same time.
•Copy the following in to the text box and press ok: %localappdata%\swtor\swtor\settings
•Open the client_settings.ini file

JWagner
07.25.2015 , 09:47 PM | #3
I'll give it a try.
Essentially, yes. Everything works, but when I log out for longer than, say, an hour, when I try to boot back up, it appears to be loading at a different resolution, and as a result, shows the "loading" screen taking up part of my screen, and never actually loads anything.

OwenBrooks
07.25.2015 , 09:56 PM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by JWagner View Post
I'll give it a try.
and as a result, shows the "loading" screen taking up part of my screen, and never actually loads anything.
Pressing ALT + Enter switches to window mode that should allow the screen to be accessible again, once there setting the ingame resolution etc again may sort it