Bounty Hunter Gauntlet Mission

CapT_Kru

Hi, I started playing Bounty Hunter for the first time and i was planning on doing all light side decision.

Quest Name: Gauntlet

When i finished my first quest, it gave me +5 Dark side points. I don't remember picking a dark side option, i don't even think it give you any light or dark side option for the first quest.

So i though may be i picked it by accidental, so deleted that character and created a new one and same issue.

When i created a ticket with customer support, they restored my original character, because i had already spend credit on some Legacy Perks. It mentioned that they are not able to remove the dark side points.

They did not address the issue of getting dark side points, can someone create a bounty hunter and test this out? I am just surprise they didn't look into my original issue of getting dark side points without clicking on one.

It's possible you have the light/dark toggle turned to the dark side. (It's probably automatic for all characters - Republic, by default, are "light," and Empire, by default, are "dark.") You can switch it to the light-side, but you might have to move some elements in your UI around to fully access it - the default position for the switch is accidentally hidden by the mini-map.

You're definitely set to dark side.

In the lower right hand portion of the screen there should be two symbols, one for the dark side (red) and one for the light side (light blue). An update over the summer introduced changes with alignment, where nearly everything you do (including completing missions or killing mobs) earns force alignment points based on that toggle selection. New Empire characters are set to dark side by default and Republic light side. Be sure to click the light side symbol to change which alignment points you'll gain for turning in missions, if you want light side points.

The toggle doesn't affect by the way which alignment points you get for making decisions within the story. If you make a dark side choice during a mission but are set to light side for example, you'll still earn those dark side points, they may just be offset somewhat by whatever light side points are awarded for turning in the mission at completion or killing mobs during it.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco