Hiatus

Xinika

Now that the questions have been answered with solid changes coming for Madness, I believe it is time I took a break. I'd hope they pay attention to Darkness, but we'll have to see.

Good luck and have fun.

Now that the questions have been answered with solid changes coming for Madness, I believe it is time I took a break. I'd hope they pay attention to Darkness, but we'll have to see.

Good luck and have fun.

Lol cause you're gonna be on Wildstar :)

- Despairful

Lol cause you're gonna be on Wildstar :)

- Despairful

Well yeah, she is. So what?

Honestly after trying so hard and so long I can perfectly understand someone might have given up hope for this game to actually become what it could've been.

As a matter of fact, I'm joining her.

Thats awesome. I give you two about two solid months maximum until you're back. Have fun on your.. summer break, we'll call it. You'll be freshly motivated after having a dishearted experience with the overly-hyped Wildstar.

Thats awesome. I give you two about two solid months maximum until you're back. Have fun on your.. summer break, we'll call it. You'll be freshly motivated after having a dishearted experience with the overly-hyped Wildstar.

Perhaps, we'll see.

Good luck to all of you. Quite a few are quitting the game and more will follow with Wildstar. Some will return some will not. Truth of the matter is BW does not take care of the game to keep people interested. Thoughts of leaving have crossed my mind as well. Nothing to do in this game anymore. 6 times a week DF NiM? Check! DP NiM PTS? Check, anything else outside running my guild? Nope...thought so ...

On a closing note, TOFN is dying as well, suffers greatly and things will become worse. Those reading the forums and seeing how well this game is doing have no clue what the reality on TOFN is. In terms of PVE : max 40 skilled players left. PVP? Same people on both sides .... on the whole server :(.

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Perhaps, we'll see.

Honestly, 2 months is enough even if you like it and the game isn't failing. People that play more active than others will get through quite a bit of game in 2 months and be at a level where they will not need so much time to maintain a level of play they desire.

Also, SWTOR has enough draw to get people to come back even out of a mind curiousity for how things are going. And, how many of us actually only play one game? There is something instantly gratifying about games like FPS style.

I'm sure there are more guilds or raid groups that are not capable of doing NiM content then there are that can. Those players, even if capable of NiM but lack the raid group to be able to do it, have no new content.

It's also summer and many online games hit a lull. No one said they were done with the game just that there interest is elsewhere.

Question to the Deception/Infiltration players: Did the lack of any changes to the spec play a factor in your decision to take a break/appeal to other games?

I went on hiatus once. Played Neverwinter for a month.

Came back because the people there were exceptional lackwits. SWTOR simply has the best community of any game anywhere.

But I hope you enjoy whatever game it is you're going to play next. We'll keep your seat warm just in case. -bp

Question to the Deception/Infiltration players: Did the lack of any changes to the spec play a factor in your decision to take a break/appeal to other games?

Good question, but the answer is no. It's not the lack of content really, more like the lack of people.

Which is caused by carelessness from the companies part.

Edited by Evolixe

There's actually absolutely nothing that is really keeping me to play SWTOR right now.

No friends, no guild, nothing.

Then why were you even here? If you have no friends, no guild, and nothing, then you didn't even play at all. -bp

There's actually absolutely nothing that is really keeping me to play SWTOR right now.

No friends, no guild, nothing.

That's flat out not true, you have me.

Anyway I didn't really want to make this thread about alternate games etc. I'm taking a break because I feel it's healthy to do so after fulfilling a term. The Shadow / Assassin will always have a special place in my heart. It is the sole reason I have always returned to this game. Not for friends, not for competition and not for raids. SWTOR as a game is a bit dried up in comparison to what is out there.

But this class, to me, will always be with me. Whether TOR makes it in the end or not, I cannot say - though I do wish the company luck. However I've always felt obligated to the class and that's something that will probably always remain till the game dies.

Madness will be very fun in 2.8. I will come back for a #MaDDaY vid (MK? Berry? cycao? you guys down?) and they spoke of improving tank specs in general for PvP. Deception will become slowly outdated. As a matter of fact, in 2.8, Madness will probably just be a better spec - period. I'm sorry guys but we did try. The developers have an unnecessary paranoia about the spec (even though they buffed Pyro PT's sustained) which blinds them from properly fixing it beyond the nerf / buff nonsense.

Shadowsins ftw!:D

Edited by Xinika

Despite a few disagreements on minor things, I don't think any deception player is too unhappy with the spec. If people leave, it is most likely because they are bored with the game, rather than peeved at the fact that their favorite class didn't get a buff.

snippet

You did a great job. Even though I didn't vote for you, thanks for all the hard work and for always keeping your emotions in check and being objective. We didn't always agree, but we were always civil to each other. It was a pleasure.

Edited by sithBracer

OH! I get it! You're on PoT5!

That server's dying. Get off of there and migrate to a new server. You'll find LOTS of people. -bp

QFT!

Good question, but the answer is no. It's not the lack of content really, more like the lack of people.

Which is caused by carelessness from the companies part.

Compared to JC, PoT5 is a ghost town. This game is hugely PvE, and therefore, PvE servers are where it's at (especially after the PvP exodus when BW killed off ranked 8v8). Really though, if you can do without the OWPvP, you will find crap-tonnes of people doing a lot of different things: leveling, questing, dailies, massive amounts of raiding, and WZs (both ranked and regs) on PvE severs. My best guess is that, at any given time, the ratio of players on JC:PoT5 is at least like 5:1 (without exaggeration). In peak play times on JC there are always multiple instances of every planet (except maybe Quesh); on PoT5, only ever one per.

Maybe, after you've had a break, re-roll or server transfer to JC? Might just be better for your virtual social life. lol

For me, the only reason I have toons on PoT5 is for the OWPvP.

To everyone going to Wildstar for the summer ... have fun, and see ya next fall. :D

Edited by PifferPuff

Madness will be very fun in 2.8. I will come back for a #MaDDaY vid (MK? Berry? cycao? you guys down?) and they spoke of improving tank specs in general for PvP.

Shadowsins ftw!:D

Yep i was already planning on yolomadnessswag2.8 :D