Opening 80+ T4 Command Crates

Krazhez

Made a video of opening 80+ boxes to share with people. I'm curious how everyone's odds have been in T4. I had this hope that the game was tracking the levels, like the previous tiers and that even though it doesn't show a level increase your odds will improve the more you open. That does not seem to be the case. Thank God, gear is back in ops again :p

Here's the video, I recommend speeding it up or going to the end.

Anything purple was a duplicate, unless it was a relic.

248 gear at box 24, 27 and 28, then never to be seen again. 86 total opened.

Any healers notice a very low drop rate of focused retribution relics? I've never seen a 242, 246 or a 248 focused drop. My other healer has the same luck.

The t4 crates are rigged mate.

Pure and utter fixed bollocks.The sheer amount of wasted time spent for fodder is ridiculous.

I have posted on this subject before but here is a short example from a few hours play earlier.

Crates opened 6,the amount of blue implants relics 5,the other was orange crap.

Get used to it,it sucks elephant don gs.

Ive got a video of opening about 80-100 t4 crates with my gunslinger. I was pretty lucky. 2x 248 oh blasters,1x 248 mh blaster, 1x 248 relic, 1xv248 ear, 2x 248 implants, 1x 248 head, 1x 248 boots, 1x 248 bracer, 2x 246 chest, 1x 246 legs, 1x 246 gloves, 1x 246 relic. Lots of blues. It was a mass opening. I did not track total drops tho.

-Ashur

Edited by AshurDarksoul

When BW controls and manipulates the "odds," you can pretty much count on them doing so in such a way that it is detrimental for the player and beneficial for them. The longer it takes the player to acquire items that are obtained via subscription only, the better it is for BW's bottom line. Overall happiness of the player is not their concern, as their current system is most profitable when the player is in a constant state of anxiety and anticipation.

Needless to say, I couldn't give a **** about Galactic Command and the type of mentality it takes to determine that it should fully replace a system based off reliability and planning... in a video game of all things... is borderline disturbing.

Edited by Edyn

I like Command System. The only 1 thing I would like to change is option to change Tier gear for components or something. I dont like to get item that I already have. If I need 2-3 items left to get full tier gear, chances to get items I need are small.

...the amount of blue implants relics 5,the other was orange crap.

Pretty much, blue relics are a constant.

Ive got a video of opening about 80-100 t4 crates with my gunslinger. I was pretty lucky. ...

Wow, very nice. I got a set of 12/14 246 gear very quickly, but was hoping to get more 248s, since the stats are quite a bit higher. Haven't really been wanting to pvp much lately to upgrade the small amount of 242 shells that I had gotten before 5.2. My raid team can't consistently do Nim, so its hardmode farming and pvp I guess if I decide to push 248 gear. Unless I can get some of your luck.

I like Command System. The only 1 thing I would like to change is option to change Tier gear for components or something. I dont like to get item that I already have. If I need 2-3 items left to get full tier gear, chances to get items I need are small.

I agree, I think we should be able to convert set gear into unassembled components, or something along those lines.

i like command system. the only 1 thing i would like to change is option to change tier gear for components or something. I dont like to get item that i already have. If i need 2-3 items left to get full tier gear, chances to get items i need are small.

that!

The command system ain't that bad, it just takes TOO MUCH time to gear up my alts, i've got like 25 or 28 alts, mostly i like to play with 3-5 alts (1 sorc healer, 1 dps sage, 1 merc or trooper) .

Edited by AleksandarKey
why not ?

Yes, nice idea !!!!! It definitely work well in every case

Screw operations and PvP, let's just farm CXP for BiS. Sounds fun! :rak_02:

Now that ops were fixed but PvP wasn't, I've definitely warmed to the argument that UC should remain PvP only, yeah. I mean, it's the only meager dribble of hope we have, at 3-8 UC per 15 minute warzone, but 270-324 UC to upgrade just from T3 to T4, per piece. Between 500 and 600 per piece if going from T2.

Edited by stoopicus

Made a video of opening 80+ boxes to share with people. I'm curious how everyone's odds have been in T4. I had this hope that the game was tracking the levels, like the previous tiers and that even though it doesn't show a level increase your odds will improve the more you open. That does not seem to be the case. Thank God, gear is back in ops again :p

Here's the video, I recommend speeding it up or going to the end.

Anything purple was a duplicate, unless it was a relic.

248 gear at box 24, 27 and 28, then never to be seen again. 86 total opened.

Any healers notice a very low drop rate of focused retribution relics? I've never seen a 242, 246 or a 248 focused drop. My other healer has the same luck.

Not gonna lie: watching you clicking "yes" 80 times instead of just clicking "never show this again" once slightly triggered me :p

But on a more serious note, the 3 pieces out of 80 crates are about the same drop rate I'm experiencing myself.

While it isn't great to get "junk" most of the time, I'm not too bothered with it, because I see the crates more as a bonus.

I would defenitly support the idea of beeing able to somehow turn duplicates into something more usefull than 200 cxp.

Now that ops were fixed but PvP wasn't, I've definitely warmed to the argument that UC should remain PvP only, yeah. I mean, it's the only meager dribble of hope we have, at 3-8 UC per 15 minute warzone, but 270-324 UC to upgrade just from T3 to T4, per piece. Between 500 and 600 per piece if going from T2.

It's a lot more UC's if you have a daily and weekly active.

Until they release legacy UC you could use alts for legacy-transferable mods (main hand, off-hand, and armor pieces).

It's a lot more UC's if you have a daily and weekly active.

Not really. The Daily is 12. Per day. That's 1.5 warzone wins. Compared to the number of warzones you need to crank out, it's peanuts. Welcome peanuts, but come on.

The Weekly is an even smaller contribution at 40, or just under 6 per day. Even if you lose every single match, you still get 1.5x the UC from the lost matches you need to finish the Weekly, at 3 per match, than you do from the Weekly.

So, no, it's not "a lot" more. It's a few more, that are welcome, but a fraction of what you grind. Weekly all told the bonus from the dailies and weekly add up to about 40% the cost of a single T3-T4 upgrade, per piece. That's after grinding the crates to get the pieces to upgrade as well. If you need to buy up from T2, it's a much smaller percentage, closer to 20%.

Edited by stoopicus

Not really. The Daily is 12. Per day. That's 1.5 warzone wins. Compared to the number of warzones you need to crank out, it's peanuts. Welcome peanuts, but come on.

The Weekly is an even smaller contribution at 40, or just under 6 per day. Even if you lose every single match, you still get 1.5x the UC from the lost matches you need to finish the Weekly, at 3 per match, than you do from the Weekly.

So, no, it's not "a lot" more. It's a few more, that are welcome, but a fraction of what you grind. If you upgrade one piece a week, it's about 40% the cost of T3-T4, per piece. That's after grinding the crates to get the pieces to upgrade as well. If you need to buy up from T2, it's a much smaller percentage, closer to 20%.

Doing PvP with a weekly and daily active makes the reward go from 3-8 per warzone to 8-18 per warzone, basically twice as much. Finished your daily? Do another on an alt. Or do GSF/Ranked.

Doing PvP with a weekly and daily active makes the reward go from 3-8 per warzone to 8-18 per warzone

LOL, Eli, this kind of selective statistics is beneath you. Those numbers are only true for the the first 2-4 per day. The rest get zero bonus.

basically twice as much.

Math is hard. Despite how you try to spin it, it's 124 UC per week, out of 270/324 per T3-T4 upgrade, adding on another 220-250 per piece if you need to buy up from T2. Those are the actual discrete numbers. Please don't try to distort things with selective ratios based on a small fraction of the daily warzones to make it seem like it's "basically twice as much" when that's only true for the first two wins.

Finished your daily? Do another on an alt.

Why? UC are not legacy bound. This helps not at all.

Or do GSF/Ranked.

GSF does not award UC for its Daily or Weekly. Ranked pops are rare and prevent you from queueing regs, which you need to do to build UC.

Edited by stoopicus

LOL, Eli, this kind of selective statistics is beneath you. Those numbers are only true for the the first 2-4 per day. The rest get zero bonus.

Math is hard. Despite how you try to spin it, it's 124 UC per week, out of 270/324 per T3-T4 upgrade, adding on another 220-250 per piece if you need to buy up from T2. Those are the actual discrete numbers. Please don't try to distort things with selective ratios based on a small fraction of the daily warzones to make it seem like it's "basically twice as much" when that's only true for the first two wins.

As I said, you can do it on alts.

Why? UC are not legacy bound. This helps not at all.

I trust they will be eventually, and until then you can use alts to get legacy transferable pieces for your main.

GSF does not award UC for its Daily or Weekly.

It does since the last patch.

Edited by Eli_Porter

GSF does not award UC for its Daily or Weekly.

You would make HK-47 cry.

GSF daily and weekly do have UC drops.

I am not defending the new gear system, but if you run a GSF daily each day, you will gear *much* faster. If you hit the medal cap in a winning GSF match, it is nearly 4K CXP for the match alone. Granted, this takes more skill than PVP to achieve, where medals are given for spamming abilities without reason, but it can be done. A losing GSF match is near to 3K CXP for me if I hit the medal cap. GSF also gives more UC per match whether you win or lose.

If you really want to gear, a GSF daily will be a good augment to gearing If you have talent.

I focused on GSF first in order to get a base line gear before entering PVP reg's. Now I do both, but some days I'm only in the mood for one or the other, so I those days I only do one.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

As I said, you can do it on alts.

Again, this matters not at all.

I trust they will be eventually

You are very trusting.

It does since the last patch.

Hmm. If so I did not notice it. I'm pretty much always in the GSF queue too, except when actually in a GSF battle or WZ. Good news if true, but unless it's unusually substantial it's still a small part of the grind.

Edited by stoopicus

You would make HK-47 cry.

GSF daily and weekly do have UC drops.

I am not defending the new gear system, but if you run a GSF daily each day, you will gear *much* faster. If you hit the medal cap in a winning GSF match, it is nearly 4K CXP for the match alone. Granted, this takes more skill than PVP to achieve, where medals are given for spamming abilities without reason, but it can be done. A losing GSF match is near to 3K CXP for me if I hit the medal cap. GSF also gives more UC per match whether you win or lose.

If you really want to gear, a GSF daily will be a good augment to gearing If you have talent.

I do, every day. I simply spaced on the UC I guess. Added in 5.2?

Yes, 5.2.

The sad thing to me though, is the way CXP attracts people into running content they don't enjoy. Supposedly taking the best PVE gear out of operations was supposed to "Fix" this, but now it just puts the same set of sad people into other forms of group content they don't enjoy.

Just let it be a game, not a job, geez.

I started keeping my 242 duplicates when I was rank 3, wish I'd kept them all. This means for alts, I can GSF/PVP, and get one 248 per week from the dailies/weeklies/matches, without using tokens from operations. This also means the tokens can go to my needier guild mates.

Edited by ThrakhathSpawn

It's been a while since I've had a go at it. I would love to, but most of the time nothing happens when I queue. Maybe the wrong time of day/night?

I get about 1 pop per hour, 2 if I am lucky. as opposed to WZ pops in under two minutes average.

I can't really complain about my nearly 100 T4 crates so far. Got 5 or 6 golds (left side mostly) and some purples. Luck of the draw aside, PvP remains the only reliable way for me to get BiS.

"But Dbohrius", you may ask, "WHY do you want BiS gear if you don't do Ops?"

Well, that is a fair question. I guess I could say I've never had set gear before, let alone BiS gear. I wanted to have it on one toon, at least, before the game finally shuts down. I may not do Ops, and I may not do Ranked PvP, but it's a kind of achievement in itself. Plus, it makes those Master Mode Flashpoints smoother. And who knows, maybe some day I'll finally have the time to do Ops with my guildmates, and then I'll not be the weak link because of gear.

All that said, I wouldn't mind if T5 gear (you know it's coming eventually) was only offered as Master Mode Ops loot. In fact, I'd say I would prefer it. That way raiders get a sense of accomplishment, PvP'ers don't get another level of gear gap to complain about, and newcomers to high-end gear like myself can sit content with T4.

Heck, to be honest I'd be perfectly happy if I could have ONE toon in T4 and my most played alts in T2.

Edited by Dbohrius