Type "+" if you think these classes need buffs to their defenses.

Azheon

We PVPers who have even little bit experience at PVP know that Juggernaut, Powertech, Sorcerer classes, Marauder's Annihilation, Carnage specs have too weak defenses. I also think Sniper and Merc classes definetely need nerfs to their defenses but this is arguable, but I am sure that we all know jugg, pt, sorc classes and annihilation, carnage specs of mara are very squishy and need buff to their defenses.

So I want to learn, our mighty developer, great jedi guardian and the best saberward user Eric Musco and his friends that could notice little bit damage differences at annihilation and carnage specs, can't see these huge defensive differences?

As a nonstop subscriber of this game for many years I request you to play these classes and specs at solo rankeds of TRE server, I am sure that you will be regreted for giving them low defenses and making snipers & mercs fotm. You can even cry because of sadness when you think there were players who were trying to rise their ratings even they get suffer a lot while playing with these conditions. And while you do that, you even can notice there are some wintraders and trolls that ruins arenas.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We PVPers who have even little bit experience at PVP know that Juggernaut, Powertech, Sorcerer classes, Marauder's Annihilation, Carnage specs have too weak defenses. I also think Sniper and Merc classes definetely need nerfs to their defenses but this is arguable, but I am sure that we all know jugg, pt, sorc classes and annihilation, carnage specs of mara are very squishy and need buff to their defenses.

So I want to learn, our mighty developer, great jedi guardian and the best saberward user Eric Musco and his friends that could notice little bit damage differences at annihilation and carnage specs, can't see these huge defensive differences?

As a nonstop subscriber of this game for many years I request you to play these classes and specs at solo rankeds of TRE server, I am sure that you will be regreted for giving them low defenses and making snipers & mercs fotm. You can even cry because of sadness when you think there were players who were trying to rise their ratings even they get suffer a lot while playing with these conditions. And while you do that, you even can notice there are some wintraders and trolls that ruins arenas.

if play right marauder is very tanky due to obsfucate or whatever the name is ability which give tech and force resistance 75%

since most matches are Sorcs, Mercs, Juggs and Sins, either tanking or healing , no-one seems to die very often. - two three people often seem to hold a node, since overall DPS is low. - coz most of your team- mates are tanking or healing - so upping several defences likely going to make it worse, not better.

compare old score tables to the ones you get these days. - you'll see a big difference. - The maps aren't designed for such strong defences, where basically any class can give 3 or 4 players the runaround for long just enough to enable more defenders to cross the map or re-spawn and re-join the fight.

since most matches are Sorcs, Mercs, Juggs and Sins, either tanking or healing , no-one seems to die very often. - two three people often seem to hold a node, since overall DPS is low. - coz most of your team- mates are tanking or healing - so upping several defences likely going to make it worse, not better.

compare old score tables to the ones you get these days. - you'll see a big difference. - The maps aren't designed for such strong defences, where basically any class can give 3 or 4 players the runaround for long just enough to enable more defenders to cross the map or re-spawn and re-join the fight.

As a guardian main who skank in PvP, I have said everywhere that if you want fewer tanks in PvP guardian dps needs to be less squishy. I played vigi for a long time in the early days of 4.0 In the meta of mercs and snipers who hit like trucks and could out tank my tank. Now of course some of the edge has been taken off due to the dps nerfs, but my dps guardian is still a squishy.

Now my personal sob story. I was with a guildie healer in a hypergates. It was a miserable match, I couldn't run anywhere without being focused in seconds. I literally died more than 10 times. We seriously won because the other team was too busy killing me to defend their own node. "Oh look a squishy kill it!" I couldn't handle the dying constantly even if it was enough of a distraction to create a win, so I told my buddy to make me skank gear.

Buff dps guardian and vg (I'd say and sorc) d efensives and people will dps in these classes. To get rid of skanks you also have to make tank gear somehow useful in PvP but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

As a guardian main who skank in PvP, I have said everywhere that if you want fewer tanks in PvP guardian dps needs to be less squishy. I played vigi for a long time in the early days of 4.0 In the meta of mercs and snipers who hit like trucks and could out tank my tank. Now of course some of the edge has been taken off due to the dps nerfs, but my dps guardian is still a squishy.

Now my personal sob story. I was with a guildie healer in a hypergates. It was a miserable match, I couldn't run anywhere without being focused in seconds. I literally died more than 10 times. We seriously won because the other team was too busy killing me to defend their own node. "Oh look a squishy kill it!" I couldn't handle the dying constantly even if it was enough of a distraction to create a win, so I told my buddy to make me skank gear.

Buff dps guardian and vg (I'd say and sorc) d efensives and people will dps in these classes. To get rid of skanks you also have to make tank gear somehow useful in PvP but that's beyond the scope of this thread.

i'm guessing the squishyness is in ranked? as i only play regs i don't see it.. i feel pretty much unstoppable as vengeance in regs.

DPS Juggs: Increased survivability, imo at the cost of damage. So they could do some attack and give some of their power to survivability. I really think Juggs need sustained survivability increase unless you want to go the Mara route and give them mobility.

DPS PT: Increased situational survivability. They have kolto and energy shield, work with those (IE, move kolto from merc to PT).

DPS Sorc: Fix the chain lightning bug and then work more damage into Thundering blast. Deathfield back to 8 meters, max 4 targets. Move overload down into tier 1 and/or surging speed down into tier 2.

Tank PT: Make Translocate either instant or 0.5 sec cast time (like phase walk), In utilities have it increase distance to 40 meters on the same ability that increases harpoon to 40m.

Tank Jugg: Intercede gives 4 sec of +70% speed. Lets reward tanks for tanking.

Sniper: Defensive safeguards 3% per, max 5 and heal to 2% per tick. Switch Ballistic Dampeners (Skillful/Tier 1) with Debilitating Shots (Heroic/Tier 3), Tactical Retreat "and evasion by 1 second" or remove evasion from Imperial Prep.

Merc: Remove Kolto Utility (to PTs). Change Kolto altogether to heal at the same rate as when talented so that its not worthless. Trauma Regs: max 10 stacks (promotes click removal as a skill choice/move) or reduce stacks to 3% health per.

Heal Sorc: Revert the channel time nerfs to innervate.

Operative Healer: Ability that allows the Op to finish all hots currently into a critable heal that is equal to the total of the hots healing that was removed. 45 Sec cool-down. And/or Ability: Spend 3 Tacs to gain interrupt protection for 4 seconds, off the GCD 30s CD.

Merc Heal: casting rapid scan makes your next rapid scan cast twice as fast if cast in the next 6 seconds, can occur/stack twice, 30 sec internal cool-down. (no change to global cooldowns so it doesnt increase HPS, it simply gives you the ability to frontload the heal point slightly, reduce vulnerability to interrupt when you are left with no options but to spam horrible rapid scan, and help you quickly transition into a low-cost Healing Scan).

Change Thermal Scensor Override/Reserve Powercell to "abilities activated in the next 3 seconds). This would promote skillful healing, maybe precasting Overrides so that you could rapid rapid rapid or rapid rapid progressive etc. Not going to be a huge difference but there are some resource issues that I face as merc healer that I don't as Sorc/Op in sustained healing situations.

Edited by Wimbleton

i'm guessing the squishyness is in ranked? as i only play regs i don't see it.. i feel pretty much unstoppable as vengeance in regs.

It is very easy to learn... Queue solo ranked as jugg dps and see for how many seconds you unstoppable are.

if play right marauder is very tanky due to obsfucate or whatever the name is ability which give tech and force resistance 75%

1- Play Merc or sniper to see what real tanky class is.

2- Fury is fine even not fotm like merc and snipers.

3- Annihilation and carnage specs are not weak like jugg, pt, sorc but they are weaker than fury as defensive, they still need buffs. I like to play other mara specs more but I have to play fury to make better at arenas.

solo ranked makes no sense whatsoever so nah.

I say you what will happen when you play jugg dps at solo ranked...

They will focus you because we ranked players now that jugg is squishy and you will die in 15 seconds. Maybe you will get stunlocked and pop your enraged defense to save yourself, but no... Because of high bursts your enraged defense stacks will be wasted like your jugg in arena.

More unstoppable than merc hmm?

Stop giving the regs example, they don't matter, because regs AREN'T about killing people.

Technically the regs example came from me and that miserable hypergates that spawned my return to skanking in PvP.

While technically a win because, like you said regs aren't about killing so the stupid imps that chased me around killing me repeatedly caused their team to lose it does bring up the point of just how squishy guardians are. And I'd argue VGs are worse still.

Sure we can do damage, provided the enemy is nice enough to leave you alone and let you do damage. And I generally run with a healing buddy so I shudder to think what ranked and solo are like. This is why I've never done ranked, 4 v 4 on a dps guardian is just aids anyway. Why go to a method so obviously stacked against you?

so tell me why 90% of the maras in arenas play fury, instead of annihilation or carnage? because of they love fury or others have worse defenses? carnage and annihilation at least need an immunity like fury has.

I don't think they should be lumped in the same category as the other classes you mentioned. Furthermore, I've seen plenty of anni maras do fine and I've seen carn maras perform well. Granted, I imagine it's harder to do well than with merc or sniper.