Matchmake Warzones by Expertise

RSQViper

Isn't the best way to tell if a person is high level PvP by their expertise level? It tells you they have PvP gear on and how much, right?

So why don't they matchmake and balance teams by expertise?

Of course, if they do this they MUST make it so you cannot change gear once in a warzone. Otherwise people will go in naked and throw on their BM gear to roll newbs all day.

I guess it wouldn't take into account Rakata/PvE gear though so there would have to be some sort of match-making number associated with that. But I'd think Expertise would be a good way to start properly matchmaking so teams are balanced.

Isn't the best way to tell if a person is high level PvP by their expertise level? It tells you they have PvP gear on and how much, right?

Because the whole system is brain-dead :(.

1) expertise is supposed to balance against PvE gear.

2) without PvE or PvP gear you are at a somewhat huge disadvantage.

If you banded PvP on expertise level, PvE gear would be the best gear in each level - destroying the whole point of expertise...

As people argue elsewhere - the obvious solution is to remove the expertise stat and make "presence = PvE version of expertise".

Edited by formulaic

Of course, if they do this they MUST make it so you cannot change gear once in a warzone. Otherwise people will go in naked and throw on their BM gear to roll newbs all day.

I guess it wouldn't take into account Rakata/PvE gear though so there would have to be some sort of match-making number associated with that. But I'd think Expertise would be a good way to start properly matchmaking so teams are balanced.

Strip naked. Queue for Warzone. Warzone prompt pops. Equip Gear. Join Warzone. Slaughter n00bs.

2) without PvE or PvP gear you are at a somewhat huge disadvantage.

Right, exactly. But if you aren't wearing PvP gear (or much of it) if you balance teams by expertise you would not get a bunch of green 50s vs a group of BMs/Champs. It would at least have for example, a guild of 4 BMs and 4 greens vs a guild of 4 BMs and 4 greens (or possibly an 8-man champ group).

Anyway, lots of combos.

And yes, the PvE gear would have to be smartly addressed so that doesn't become the ultimate WZ gear so you can roll green 50s all day.

This would make warzone queues unacceptably long. As it stands, you have an equal chance of being randomly placed with a BM on your team or the opposing team. If you want better odds, make friends with a BM and queue with them. Better yet, make friends with 3 BMs and queue with all 3 at the same time.

This will be difficult.

I can put on crap gear to queue and good gear when I start. You can't really stop ppl fidding with gear at the start, theres nothing else to do. :/

Right, that's why I said that they can't allow you to mess with your equipment once in a WZ. Or maybe if you are queue'd for a WZ.

Anyway, this was an idea. Can't be worse than what's in place. Just need some some safeties in place so people can't fiddle with their gear.