New Warzone FFA Map *16 on 16* (4 & 8 man premades only)

Pistols-GS

im late to the discusson, so maybe some one asked/answered this already, but why would you set the winner to fewest deaths? that rewards stealth classes immensely.

if its TDM, most kills should be win the game.

Be honest, how many groups would only bring majority of stealth classes to win 115 reg comms? Maybe a troll team I guess, but I just don't see it happening frequently enough to matter. I did say somewhere that another option could be no winner / loser...same rewards no matter what. I welcome any other alternative to decide winning this type of WZ, cause honestly the winner to me would be everyone getting a WZ like this. :cool:

If they do, power to them, the rest of the peeps would probably just PvP as intended.

:D

Be honest, how many groups would only bring majority of stealth classes to win 115 reg comms? Maybe a troll team I guess, but I just don't see it happening frequently enough to matter. I did say somewhere that another option could be no winner / loser...same rewards no matter what. I welcome any other alternative to decide winning this type of WZ, cause honestly the winner to me would be everyone getting a WZ like this. :cool:

If they do, power to them, the rest of the peeps would probably just PvP as intended.

:D

i see your point. id love to see a TDM game mode tho. i miss the days of SWG battlefields

8v8 is already a cluster fest as it is, you think our beloved engine handles 32 people spanking each other, im not sure. Remember ilum.

2v2 / 3v3 arenas plz. Clean, simple, easy to do, easy to balance because of the universal resolve system (there would be no godcomp in swtor because there are no stuns on different DRs so to speak).

Do not give anything special for it besides regular comms so the people who are scared of being hummiliated by superior playstile in an enviroment where you cant gang people in a 4v1 stunfest can sitck to their beloved warzones.

There you have it, TDM as its suposed to be.

8v8 is already a cluster fest as it is, you think our beloved engine handles 32 people spanking each other, im not sure. Remember ilum.

2v2 / 3v3 arenas plz. Clean, simple, easy to do, easy to balance because of the universal resolve system (there would be no godcomp in swtor because there are no stuns on different DRs so to speak).

Do not give anything special for it besides regular comms so the people who are scared of being hummiliated by superior playstile in an enviroment where you cant gang people in a 4v1 stunfest can sitck to their beloved warzones.

I wouldn't mind all those, plus this tbh. As for the engine, prolly more correct than I care to admit, but since EA isn't doing anything to promote World PvP why not a TDM style WZ that at least puts a small brake on the slideshow style of 75 on 75. Truth be told, I wish they would work on all forms of PvP outlets; from Arenas, to new WZ maps, to Rankeds and some other form to encourage PvP. Sadly, I'm aware I'm preaching to the player base only, but one can hope right? =)

I wouldn't mind all those, plus this tbh. As for the engine, prolly more correct than I care to admit, but since EA isn't doing anything to promote World PvP why not a TDM style WZ that at least puts a small brake on the slideshow style of 75 on 75. Truth be told, I wish they would work on all forms of PvP outlets; from Arenas, to new WZ maps, to Rankeds and some other form to encourage PvP. Sadly, I'm aware I'm preaching to the player base only, but one can hope right? =)

Yeah jokes aside its kind of a consensus. I think SWTOR is designed with 8v8 in mind and im fine with that.

Warzone play (8v8) is fun, but it also caters to only one kind of playstile / skillset / mindset, while theres no reason that other kinds of gameplay / skillsets / mindsets arent adressed on different gameplay modes, as long as ranked 8v8 is still the main outlet of PvP, because of the fact that we cant deny the RBG / RWZ 8v8 format is the format who has most appeal to the community in general.

Arena death match (2v2/3/4) is incredibly fun, but its are also incredibly elitist. They should exist, but not as the main outlet of PvP, that was WoW biggest mistake which has been corrected with RBGs giving away more gear than arena itself, blizzard is on spot with this one.

There is no reason arena or any different game mode is not implemented in SWTOR, jesus chirst all arena needs is a queue finder (that already exists and works for WZs) and a small map with some pillars on it, presto!

Since they should implement it without giving away ranked comms, titiles or anything besides regular comms, if you hate arena you just need to not queue for it, regular warzone queues are plenty on all servers anyway. They could even develop a queueless system, in which the group leader of a 3 person premade challenges another group for a 3v3 "skirmish" on an instanced PvP zone, no rewards or anything. I would play it for days and im sure a lot of people would like also.

The bottom line is, arenas, cluster deadmatch, skirmish, whatever. The PvP community needs SOMETHING, i feel we have been neglected for long now and theres now reason to it. Ranked Warzones are the main outlet alright but only the expectation of ranked play IF 8 people show up isnt going to keep people PvPing, we need something to hone our skills while RWZ teams fall apart and are set anew while the PvP population drifts away from the game out of boredom.

Edited by Laforet

You're right the engine could never handle something like this

And the wait time will be only 30 mins :eek: !!

Good idea, but with the current population status on the servers would not work.

How? Apparently the queue is already primarily composed full EWH premades so it should fill right up.

Pistols are you on Pot5? I was in a WZ with a GS named Pistols last night. Just curious!

Yeah that's me, please excuse any Rage in Ops chat, I tend to get mad a lot at bads.

1 Example from last night:

Guarding Pylon in Ancient Hypergate, cause the shadow and DPS operative elected not too...first round went ok, no attackers and everything went smoothe. Second round starts...none of the team hits Pylon, so I of course peel and head for it. After 2 minutes or so, 3 Operatives wipe my face off, node lost at the :30 sec mark (was yelled at by some random Commando). Shrug it off. I ask the Operative/Shadow to switch before round 3...no response. I go back a 3rd time to node...take it...then ask again. We're up maybe 85 points. I announce that the 3 Operatives are prolly gonna attack near the :45 mark...4 of the oposing teams peeps are sitting at their node...7 of ours sitting at mid like morons not even getting orbs wondering what to do...BAM...3 operatives and 1 assassin make soup of my toon (I did put in chat "4") before death...and then was yelled at for not calling inc fast enough. I promptly left the WZ, with a few choice words.

Thanks for listening (and hope you were not one of those peeps), I had to get that off my chest as this is mainly what the Republic on PoT5 do in WZ's. It's awful.

Edited by Pistols-GS

I like the idea ... all for it.

but I'll throw something else out there ...

we have all these planets and so much open space all over the place ... why not make more use of it? perhaps I am ripping something from Rift here but why not random triggered "events" on various planets at varying times with some sort of objective to capture via pvp? have them announced via system msgs to attract attention ... have the rewards interesting but at par with what you get for warzones. I think the spontaneous nature of it could be fun.

Horrible idea. Why bring anything else than a stealther? Then group into four clusters of 4 stealthers and hunt. Get into trouble? Stealth out.

The only reason kill tally as an objective works in Hypergates is that orbs are worth twice as much as a kill and pylons are worth many times more than that.

Horrible idea. Why bring anything else than a stealther? Then group into four clusters of 4 stealthers and hunt. Get into trouble? Stealth out.

The only reason kill tally as an objective works in Hypergates is that orbs are worth twice as much as a kill and pylons are worth many times more than that.

I'd be happy with no winner or loser...or anything else that is team based on objectives.

I do have to say I'm getting a kick out of the stealther worries though, amazing how many think would that would somehow be prevalent. But I disgress lol.

Edited by Pistols-GS

I'd be happy with no winner or loser...or anything else that is team based on objectives.

I do have to say I'm getting a kick out of the stealther worries though, amazing how many think would that would somehow be prevalent. But I disgress lol.

it was my gut reaction, but you are correct that it is an unrealistic concern.

the only people that would roll full stealth groups would be trolls, and a full stealther group would not be the most effective comp for open combat.

also, given the insane stealth detection that snipers will have in 2.0, stealth classes will have a tougher time remaining in stealth.

i would really love to see something with a much better TDM mechanic for the next warzone

it was my gut reaction, but you are correct that it is an unrealistic concern.

the only people that would roll full stealth groups would be trolls, and a full stealther group would not be the most effective comp for open combat.

also, given the insane stealth detection that snipers will have in 2.0, stealth classes will have a tougher time remaining in stealth.

i would really love to see something with a much better TDM mechanic for the next warzone

Will you RP with me sir? :D

But yeah, I remember when peeps were worried about 8 man stealths for Rateds...think someone did once or twice...but was for the lulz. :rak_03: