Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.

*shrug*

Never really noticed much of a difference tbh, and yeah I play on both.

It's kinda like saying an Aussie League of Legends player can't compete with latency when they regularly do. Just gotta compensate.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug*

Never really noticed much of a difference tbh, and yeah I play on both.

It's kinda like saying an Aussie League of Legends player can't compete with latency when they regularly do. Just gotta compensate.

You missed the part where I said competitive.

Thank you captain obvious. It gets exponentially worse with more ping, competitive play is not possible for AU players on US servers.

Look, I will be completely honest with you. As Obiray mentioned, getting the Huttball is a huge problem on US server, and yes, the slight delay can really screw you. But if you can learn to compensate by activating things in anticipation (takes an hour or two to get the hang of it), it actually isn't that bad. I'm not min/maxed yet and only hit 50 on Tuesday last week, but I did 600K damage last night for instance, so the game is playable.

Now whether you can be competitive - we did some Rateds last night against one of the top teams on our server and managed to win.

Not saying US server is an ideal solution because it's not. But at least for now, it beats spending 30 minutes on APAC waiting for a pop just in order to play the same guys over and over again. The last straw for me was when I missed the que because I was solo-queing as opposed to 4-man groups who get priority in regular WZs, and I missed two WZs in a row when there was only 1 50 WZ running at a time. I almost deleted my account at that moment.

Oh I have been playing since US launch on Helm of Graush. It's not hard to "learn to compensate" but that's because a vast majority of players are bad and those little cut throat latency moments don't make or break a win/loss because most people are complete potatoes and can't play. Enjoying the game and PVPing, totally possible on US servers. Playing competitively with 5-10x the ping of the opposing team... No, just no.

So..... how bout that Starcraft 2 game.

Lol I've never played star craft but I can tell you that I just unsubbed! I'm free from this problem!!! So I'm finishing off the month and I'm out if here.

Ill still miss you guys and it was a lot of fun.

Lol I've never played star craft but I can tell you that I just unsubbed! I'm free from this problem!!! So I'm finishing off the month and I'm out if here.

Ill still miss you guys and it was a lot of fun.

Yeah same unsubbed 5 mins ago. Just not fun anymore. There's not even a community left worth saving - certainly not a PvP one. Maybe with a server merge but like this its just not worth wasting my time on.

As someone thats been around for a long enough to remember Jeck raging about nothing but Midian premades ruining the games, its a bit funny that Im out because of Core doing the same thing every other night. We just don't have the pugs to be able to make this game fun on the imp side.

Yeah same unsubbed 5 mins ago. Just not fun anymore. There's not even a community left worth saving - certainly not a PvP one. Maybe with a server merge but like this its just not worth wasting my time on.

As someone thats been around for a long enough to remember Jeck raging about nothing but Midian premades ruining the games, its a bit funny that Im out because of Core doing the same thing every other night. We just don't have the pugs to be able to make this game fun on the imp side.

Not sure whether to be sorry or not. It's hard because we have 15-20 guildies on every night and we are lucky to be having 2 warzones running on our server.

Not sure whether to be sorry or not. It's hard because we have 15-20 guildies on every night and we are lucky to be having 2 warzones running on our server.

Don't be sorry, if it wasnt your guild, it'd be some other guild. It's just the state of the game. I will mostly unsub by end of next week.

Devs can respond to every other thread, update stupid CM stuff, double XP weekends and completely shaft this APAC community in the process.

2.0 will be the death...

So,Musco posted that from now on they will interact more with us,and i take his words as honest and genuine.

And we do all know that you have been busy because lot's of stuff are happening,but PLEASE BioWare,give us an update about our situation,tranfer us,merge us,wathever is your decision let us know,i still put my trust in you.

but we can't go on like this.

Edited by Marshal_Ney

I'm starting to think that bioware is waiting for 2.0. They think its going to be a suprise and the population will go through the roof( players coming back for the expansion and only 1 server.)

-they can't tell us this because we will rage even more cause clearly we want it now.

-They can't give us a date because that will give away the date of the expansion release.

In their eyes it will make them look better because they are releasing the expansion(yay new content!) and they would have merged servers(yay! Finally! Thanks bioware we love you x2)

This is the only reasonable explanation I can think of and I'm going to stick by it 100% until someone says otherwise

Edited by Obirayy

I think the Midian thing was a bit different - the perceived problem with Midian was that every halfway decent player was ending up in Midian to the point that no other guilds could form teams to compete against them. Just off the top of my head, when <Offline>, <Big Stinky> and a couple of other teams started to die off, the refuge players ended up in Midian. Midian was tough enough to compete against before 1.4, but seeing the likes of Pyro and Hit in there just killed me, as these new recruits were pretty much the only players who had a chance of forming a team good enough to stand up against Midian.

I mean I don't blame Midian at all. It's hard not to form friendly relationships with people when you play in PUGs or premades with each other for hours each day for several months all the while on VOIP. And of course you want to be in the same guild with your friends.

Devs can respond to every other thread, update stupid CM stuff, double XP weekends and completely shaft this APAC community in the process.

2.0 will be the death...

To be perfectly honest, at least on the Bastion, this stuff is being perceived as awesome.

The new CM stuff looks freaking awesome. It may be that the pops in APAC are too small to have lots of people with the new gear, but have you seen the new armors (Malek set), or the new speeders or weapons? They are sick and should have been in the game since launch. But it is certainly a sign of hope that the Devs are finally getting their act together. The Gree event is also awesome and a whole lot of fun, and the rewards are sick (the Grey Helix stuff looks amazing).

And for those of you thinking of rerolling:

The Double XP weekend is a great chance to get an alt to 50 in 2 days or to reroll on a new server. It takes roughly 55 hours to get a toon to level 50 normally if you do it right (e.g., do all bonus series, space missions, don't do too much WZs other than to make sure you are comm capped, use XP boosts if possible, spacebar, stay within 3 levels of the quest, skip side quests that make you go out of the way, don't waste time on GTN or crafting). With the Double XP weekend, you could potentially do this in 24 hours. I'm not sure if they will stack the other XP boosters as well, but if they do, it will be interseting to see how fast you can level up.

To be perfectly honest, at least on the Bastion, this stuff is being perceived as awesome.

The new CM stuff looks freaking awesome. It may be that the pops in APAC are too small to have lots of people with the new gear, but have you seen the new armors (Malek set), or the new speeders or weapons? They are sick and should have been in the game since launch. But it is certainly a sign of hope that the Devs are finally getting their act together. The Gree event is also awesome and a whole lot of fun, and the rewards are sick (the Grey Helix stuff looks amazing).

And for those of you thinking of rerolling:

The Double XP weekend is a great chance to get an alt to 50 in 2 days or to reroll on a new server. It takes roughly 55 hours to get a toon to level 50 normally if you do it right (e.g., do all bonus series, space missions, don't do too much WZs other than to make sure you are comm capped, use XP boosts if possible, spacebar, stay within 3 levels of the quest, skip side quests that make you go out of the way, don't waste time on GTN or crafting). With the Double XP weekend, you could potentially do this in 24 hours. I'm not sure if they will stack the other XP boosters as well, but if they do, it will be interseting to see how fast you can level up.

Bastion preaching threads are that way. -->

We want an APAC solution!

Bastion preaching threads are that way. -->

We want an APAC solution!

No, it's an option every player on APAC should consider. Why? Because sooner or later, APAC will go away, or they will have server transfers to or from APAC. This gives APAC players a viable option to do something productive with their times until the above events occur.