To many hackers !!!

Dbogable

Can't help noticing more and more players using hacks in war-zones. I know it sounds like i'm a sore looser or a nub but i see this often in my own team. The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min) :confused: . Can't the support staff introduce a better anti-hack code ?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Too

And I've never seen or even heard of this one until now:

The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min)

However, I have seen a bug where someone would grab the ball, throw to a guy on the catwalk above and it would count as a goal. This is not a hack though.

Unfortunately, it's really easy to think what you're seeing is a hack, when the fact is that it's just a bug and Hero engine sucking.

Can't help noticing more and more players using hacks in war-zones. I know it sounds like i'm a sore looser or a nub but i see this often in my own team. The best evidence of this is a famous 1 minute hut-ball teleport contest (5 goals in under 1 min) :confused: . Can't the support staff introduce a better anti-hack code ?

Never seen that kind of stuff on my server. And I won't believe it until I see it with my own eyes. There may be hacks no doubt but certanly not as much a you would like to convince us.

*Too

I think he was addressing the hackers, like a letter. 'To many Hackers' :D

And I've never seen or even heard of this one until now:

However, I have seen a bug where someone would grab the ball, throw to a guy on the catwalk above and it would count as a goal. This is not a hack though.

Unfortunately, it's really easy to think what you're seeing is a hack, when the fact is that it's just a bug and Hero engine sucking.

I've seen the speed hack. Scoring 5 goals in 1 minute would require 2 speed hackers I think. Each waiting at the ball respawn while the other scores.

It's definetely something that exists, however, it isn't an epidemic on my server (Jung Ma), but i'd still like this to be dealt with.

Any player who sees something like this I urge you to report. I was once in a Huttball match and someone was clearly speed hacking (on our team) and I asked if anyone had Fraps or anything like to record their screen and enough people do have those kinda programs.

I think more and more people are using the speed hack but turning it down so they can claim it was predation or whatever. I am pretty sure I saw a stealth cap the other day, and I've noticed lag happening at very convenient times lately. As in, no lag for the whole match, then massive lag when the opponent is trying to cap.

As Cycao said, nothing that is 100% definitively a hack, but a major uptick in suspicious occurrences.

I think more and more people are using the speed hack but turning it down so they can claim it was predation or whatever. I am pretty sure I saw a stealth cap the other day, and I've noticed lag happening at very convenient times lately. As in, no lag for the whole match, then massive lag when the opponent is trying to cap.

As Cycao said, nothing that is 100% definitively a hack, but a major uptick in suspicious occurrences.

This!

I don't know what's out there for hacks, but months ago I was witness to someone testing a speed hack, they were trying to demonstrate what we should be looking for. The character 'stutters' for a second, and at first, it seems like it might just be visual, but having seen it in action, it's a very noticeable hitch, about a 1-1/2 GCD between hitches, as the server re-renders the player where he is, not where he should be. Predation doesn't do it, force speed doesn't do it and no other speed boost that I saw tested had this effect - the server seems to account for those fairly well and does a pretty good job synching. It's most obvious when a player is running in an open area and they tick back, ever so slightly, at a constant rate...sadly, I've been seeing this 'tick' more and more. It very well could be the game itself, but I'm very suspect when I see it in PvP.

The lag issue though - whole nother topic. When the lag is directly centered around ONE player and when that one player dies, things return to normal, it's gotta be more than coincidence.

I've seen a major uptick in lag spikes recently. I game with my brother sitting next to me. We have identical computers and are using the same internet connection, I suddenly have bad lag and he does not. Magically the node I was guarding is turned.

I am 100% certain there are hacks being used. I PUG'ed a Huttball game that our side was scoring goals just as soon as we could get the ball. I thought "Oh I dropped in with a premade that knows how to play Huttball". Then one of my team mates said in general that he is not associated with player X and that Player X is running a seed hack. After the match, Player X talked about running the speed hack to his friends in General chat.

i am just a fan of the one where they float around the screen and warp here and there and all around. go from the top tier in huttball to goalline instantly etc.... it's almost like watching the matrix. i think i might start hacking since everyone else does it and nothing happens. the devs are too busy adding more terrible moddable armor based on KOTOR characters to the cartel shop to actually fix bugs and hacks

I've seen a major uptick in lag spikes recently. I game with my brother sitting next to me. We have identical computers and are using the same internet connection, I suddenly have bad lag and he does not. Magically the node I was guarding is turned.

I have noticed this a few of times as well. I can understand lag, but there have been a few matches when there has been "isolated" lag. Part of the team notes a huge lag spike while the rest of the team says that they did not encounter any lag. At the end of the spike, the people in the area of the lag tend to be dead or near death while the opposing team has taken no damage. Just reading this I would say it's total BS to have isolated lag in this manner, but the fact that it happened 3 times in one night and all 3 times against the same premade tends to make me raise an eyebrow :confused:

only have seen real hacks 3 times playing the game since lauch, reported all three. two of the three people i have never seen in the game since. the other one still plays but have not seen him/her cheating since.

what i have seen and am seeing more and more of is, "lag switching". many dif ways losers give themselves mega lag at the right times( is most common thing in every MMO ive played ). other than that, most complaints i see in game are really just people not understanding certain skills and also blaming normal lag as hacks.

• 1 month later...

Anyone saying there are no hacks, hack. End of story. I know **** loads of people who have been kicked in the last two moths for hacking. So they are there and they need to be stopped. WOW keeps info on all it's players records everything and they never have this issue. I think it's time Star wars starts keeping better track of it's players to find these hacks.

Do a f'n Google search and you can find them all over the net. One thing I find the saddest is people that bash others for calling someone on hacks, you could be right you could be wrong. Either way the only reason the person is bashing you for calling hacks is he needs friends and wants to be cool. Saddest thing I have ever seen really.

Cheaters never really win anyway it's been proven through history that it's a sign of weakness. Say what you want and bash what I wrote how you like. The only person it's going to bother is you.

So, would being able to disappear under floors, and being able to plant the bombs on doors in voidstar wz in under 1 second be considered a hack?

I've seen the instant node capping NUMEROUS times. No cast bar, no lag, nothing. Just insta-capping.

Maddening, to say the least.

It's kind of pathetic. With just a quick Google search i found so many websites that show how to hack to game and list all of the hacks and exploits. I wish BW would do something about the hacks because this is just embarassing for them. They have no control over their game

Things I often see mistaken for hacks.

1. Voidstar. You have the same amount of doors down, yet the other team wins. People think someone "speedhacked" to the next door.

Answer? They opened the same amount of doors you did in less time. The game finishes there. No one hacked anything.

2. Speedhacking.

Answer? Marauder/sents carnage/combat specs (you will see the Ataru form on their character, it is yellowish/orange, as opposed to blue/red), can group sprint people at 80 percent speed. Add to that? Force sprint can be used in stealth by sins/shadows.

3. Immune to CC.

Answer. Everyone hit them with their cc at once. This is a no no. Add to that sins/shadow can go force immune/tech immune. I have this happen all the time on my shadow (too much CC on one target). I will vanish/stealth and stealth cc, to prevent a fresh spawn from hitting our capper. I sit there waiting for them to trinket so I can stun them. What does someone do? Runs up and hits/dots them, or worse stuns them. Now they trinket and are at full resolve (white bar on their char). They can't be CC'd.

Am I saying there are no exploits? No. There are exploits in every game. Do I see them less in this game then others? Definitely. GW2 is far worse and so is WoW.

Speed hacks seem to be dwindling, but people intentionally causing lag seems to be on the rise. This is all anecdotal of course, but I haven't seen suspiciously fast people much at all lately, yet I have seen quite a few occurrences of lag happening at very convenient times for the other team. In one case I was able to verify it with several folks in the ops group that we had lag right as someone went for a node.

Speed hacks seem to be dwindling, but people intentionally causing lag seems to be on the rise. This is all anecdotal of course, but I haven't seen suspiciously fast people much at all lately, yet I have seen quite a few occurrences of lag happening at very convenient times for the other team. In one case I was able to verify it with several folks in the ops group that we had lag right as someone went for a node.

Yeah this one is tough, because in all honesty, the server latency of late has been shoddy at best. Not sure what happened stability wise in this game, but the servers have gotten worse somehow (latency/studdering). Not gonna call h4xxors on lag switchers and what not, but it seems to be the norm no matter what time of day.

Edited by Pistols-GS

i've watched a few vids on youtube, the most about speed hacking and i've never seen that ********. i hope i won't! i played online games which were so much worse than this one..but i would not know how to report such a shame..maybe signaling the instance, time, server..