Was there supposed to be a second 'subscriber appreciation' at the end of July?

stockmks

I swear I remember the game director describing in the last developer youtube video that there would be a second subscriber appreciation, err, gesture, at the end of July.

Any news on this Bioware? Or was that the cartel market title?

Presents are always nice :)

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=655654

Here's the quote

Hey folks,

As some of you have already begun to figure out, every subscriber is receiving a bonus of 500 Cartel Coins. Some of you may not have gotten them yet but don't worry, the process takes a few hours. All of you should be receiving your 500 coins today. As an additional tease, we have something coming to the Cartel Market later this month that is going to be super, super cheap and available for one day only! All I will say for now is hang on to 10 Cartel Coins and look for details soon™.

-eric

So there was a subscriber appreciation 500 cartel coins on the 4th, then the Reven's Heir title mid-month.

That's it.

I believe this is correct. I remember a quote from pre-summer of SWTOR, to the effect of there being a second subscriber appreciation gift towards the end of summer.

Strictly speaking, the Revan title wasn't subscriber only.

My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever again. Ever.

I'll browse the forums to see if I can find that original quote as well.

EDIT :

Found the quote from the live stream event on TORWARS:

During the LiveStream Q&A something was mentioned about subscriber appreciation. To give you a bit of a back story, one of biggest concerns of Subscribers has been feeling undervalued. Jeff Hickman himself addressed these feelings saying:

“…that it’s super important” to BioWare that their Subscribers as well as their Free-to-play players feel valued. So, in July, there will be a Subscriber only benefit near the beginning and near the end of the month in order to make Subs feel valued.”

Source: http://torwars.com/2013/07/01/swtor-update-subscriber-appreciation-details/

Edited by GatorAndy

So there was a subscriber appreciation 500 cartel coins on the 4th, then the Reven's Heir title mid-month.

That's it.

I don't believe that is true:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=655654&page=41

Sorry about that, we may have mixed a message there. The 500 cc was for all subscribers. The title is unrelated and is to celebrate the KOTOR 10 year anniversary. Apologies for any confusion.

My goal was to get the info about the title out to subs on the same day as the CC grant though so that if you wanted to get the title you could just save 10 coins. This way you would be able to get it just from those extra coins!

-eric

That said, I am not very hopeful there will be a second subscriber appreciation as many believe there will be.

I believe this is correct. I remember a quote from pre-summer of SWTOR, to the effect of there being a second subscriber appreciation gift towards the end of summer.

My guess would be that since many of the vocal minority on the forums were up in arms about cartel coins not being a good enough gift for them, BW decided not to give us anything ever again. Ever.

I'll browse the forums to see if I can find that original quote as well.

EDIT :

Found the quote from the live stream event on TORWARS:

Source: http://torwars.com/2013/07/01/swtor-update-subscriber-appreciation-details/

Nope, it was one subscriber gift, and another special thingy later in the month. 500CC was the sub gift, the title was the special thingy.

It makes absolutely no sense to give two gifts within a month. Why wouldn't they just give them both at once.

Even loosely speaking, the title had nothing to do with being a subscriber.

Darn those whiners!

That said, I am not very hopeful there will be a second subscriber appreciation as many believe there will be.

Considering the general complaining and lack of appreciation expressed on the forums by many (not all) players....why should they really? Why reinforce and reward bad behavior?

Inb4 someone says....coins was lazy on their part.... because frankly, all appreciation gifts given to members since launch have been complained about and treated with snears and demands.

TL;DR there is no single gift that would make all 500K subs happy.

Edited by Andryah

It's like the owner of a restaurant I frequent telling me, "hey, you come here a lot and I appreciate your business, here's a gift card to use on a future purchase." and then me spitting in his face telling him he should do something better than that to show his appreciation. You know how many appreciation gifts I will receive in the future? Zero.

It's like the owner of a restaurant I frequent telling me, "hey, you come here a lot and I appreciate your business, here's a gift card to use on a future purchase." and then me spitting in his face telling him he should do something better than that to show his appreciation.

Well, of course. He slapped your face, so you are merely responding in kind.

Near the end of July could also mean the beginning of August since it is technically near the end of July.

July is over at 1st of August. Don't know how you americans count the monthly system but here in Europe we consider 1st of August; beginning of August, not the end of July.

I don't think the Revan's Heir title was the end of July subscriber appreciation. You didn't need to be a subscriber to get it. It was made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of KOTOR.

At the same time, I am intrigued that they've all but stopped talking about the end of July subscriber appreciation. It is as if they learned a lesson that, while 500 extra CC's is nice, it's not hype-worthy and they've as a result stopped hyping.

Well guess what guys? Tomorrow is update day! Possibly if there is one this week. But anyways they could be adding some new sub-only content or something. But I hope it's more free cartel coins because I'm saving up for something big and I don't want to spend extra money on cosmetic items.

Well guess what guys? Tomorrow is update day! Possibly if there is one this week. But anyways they could be adding some new sub-only content or something. But I hope it's more free cartel coins because I'm saving up for something big and I don't want to spend extra money on cosmetic items.

"Introducing the [insert Cartel Pack Name] !" :rolleyes:

I don't think the Revan's Heir title was the end of July subscriber appreciation. You didn't need to be a subscriber to get it. It was made to celebrate the 10th anniversary of KOTOR.

At the same time, I am intrigued that they've all but stopped talking about the end of July subscriber appreciation. It is as if they learned a lesson that, while 500 extra CC's is nice, it's not hype-worthy and they've as a result stopped hyping.

I agree. They have a bad history of overhyping. I liked the past gifts they have given out...the taun-taun and the other pet that they gave out. People are squawking because they want like full sets of armor, or purple mounts. Me, I'd be happy with a unique class weapon that is only available to subs. Empty of mods of course, but that would be fine by me. Create a vendor, send out an email, BOP, and exchange for a unique class weapon. Simple really. Well, maybe not the coding.