Is There A Bug-Fix Patch This Month, Especially For Companions?

arunav

Since Ossus was introduced almost 2 months ago, many substantial bugs have affected the general game. These have been categorized and reported on the forum's Bugs section (and in tickets by players no doubt).

The bugs to companions' availability or recruitment issues, or even something as basic as their losing combat lines, has also been thoroughly documented.

As important is companion AI for combat being bugged since 5.10.

Will we be seeing a patch for fixing these bugs?

For example, HK-55 was one companion affected by patch 5.10. If you do his recruitment mission, he can't be summoned afterwards, resulting in one of the best subscriber rewards in the last few years being broken. Perhaps a simpler one is Nadia Grell loses her combat lines after doing the Ossus story. There are a dozens of others bugs, companion and otherwise, and they are docuemented well in the Bugs section of the forums for any developers to see (assuming everyone isn't working on Anthem).

In short, will we get a bug-fixing patch this month, especially addressing companion issues? I thought I'd read after the smaller one in January, there would be one in February that was more substantial.

I get the priority at BW-A is Anthem right now, but does that mean SWTOR just doesn't matter? It's been almost 2 months that significant parts of the game are broken.

Edited by arunav

In the Roadmap thread is this answer from Eric Musco:

Well, that's at least something. I hope we get more details on what is being fixed and when.

As much as I enjoy Ossus as a daily area (it's, alongside Oricon, the best in the game), it introduced so many substantial bugs that I wish they'd delayed releasing it and tested it more instead.

I still haven't taken more than 2 characters into the story, though I'd really like to, because of how companions bug out. Fortunately, those 2 were of a class that wasn't really badly affected.

Edited by arunav

• 2 weeks later...

Well that patch has come and gone and **** is still not corrected. Consume the light +2 heroic on Ossus, companion still bugging after killing first Jedi Master, wont enter the arched doorway heading into next room. I dismiss then resummon, otherwise all companions just stay at the doorway.

Companions who are put on healing duty will not stay healing but will attack opponents when you are trying to kite a mob. Put companion on Passive before the "pull/kite" will make the companion act normally but then putting the companion back to 'active' to get some healing only makes the companion attack your target.

Companions are a crutch for the weak.

Companions are an essential part of story content, the RPG aspects of playing characters, endgame crafting, crew skills, and even for the occasional nonsensical edgy statement.

Edited by arunav