There Needs to be SERIOUSLY Better Policing of the RP Servers

Timarick

Well, I understood what he was writing. I just didn't understand what he means with that. Hence why I asked him to elaborate ;)

See I only responded under the pretense you didn't know what it meant to be a true rper by deleting when dying.

My natural instincts to help others kicks in in times like these.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it sparked a lot of controversy back then. I personally still think that it was an absolutely despicable thing to do, but eh. It's the internet. Sadly despicable things are the norm here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHJVolaC8pw

Here's the video in question. The production logo alone tells you everything you need to know, I believe.

Call me terrible, but I thought it was hilarious. Yes. Someone died. That's terrible and tragic. But raiding an in game funeral? I won't apologize and I thought it was funny.

Call me terrible, but I thought it was hilarious. Yes. Someone died. That's terrible and tragic. But raiding an in game funeral? I won't apologize and I thought it was funny.

I assume you would have thought it was just as funny if it was your best friends funeral or your brothers or wifes and you were on the recieving end?

I assume you would have thought it was just as funny if it was your best friends funeral or your brothers or wifes and you were on the recieving end?

1. I would never attend, or participate in a video game funeral regardless of who it was. I would attend the REAL funeral.

2. If you know the backstory to this, you might know why this happened. The person who died was in a flame war with the guild that raided the funeral. I'm not saying she deserved it. NO one deserves anything, ever. I'm saying she was in a war of words with them and I guess they felt like raiding the funeral.

3. Its a video game. Oh well. I'm not sorry I don't care all that much.

Edited by Arkerus

Without trying to accuse you of anything here (as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't share it, but I won't judge you for having it) - that is a bad argument. Yes, it is a video game, but it is also an MMO. You're playing with real people, with real feelings. Actions taken in a multiplayer environment can have consquences in real life, cyberbullying being a prime example.

1. I would never attend, or participate in a video game funeral regardless of who it was. I would attend the REAL funeral.

2. If you know the backstory to this, you might know why this happened. The person who died was in a flame war with the guild that raided the funeral. I'm not saying she deserved it. NO one deserves anything, ever. I'm saying she was in a war of words with them and I guess they felt like raiding the funeral.

Without trying to accuse you of anything here (as I said, you are entitled to your opinion. I don't share it, but I won't judge you for having it) - that is a bad argument. Yes, it is a video game, but it is also an MMO. You're playing with real people, with real feelings. Actions taken in a multiplayer environment can have consquences in real life, cyberbullying being a prime example.

Geezus...I know this is a real cheesy thing to do, but I agree with both of you.

It's 100% childish and classless to raid the in-game funeral and I would never do anything that ridiculous. I find it disturbing that anyone would get enjoyment at something like this.

At the same time...it's a game. That kinda stuff doesn't belong in-game imo. I understand peoples desire to say goodbye, but...call the family, write a letter...the game is NOT the place for things like this. We play to ESCAPE reality, not embrace it.

Every avatar is controlled by a real person...I get that, which is why I conduct myself the way I do (understanding and respect). I also understand that there are a lotta *****s in the online world and I would do as much as I could for something as personal as a funeral, to avoid them.

Oh, I personally agree that holding a funeral (or rather a memorial) ingame isn't such a great idea. I most likely wouldn't attend one of these - can't really say, so far I've been fortunate enough to not have anyone I knew and liked in a game die.

But I fundamentally disagree with the "it's just a game" argument, when it comes to excusing bad behavior. Because it isn't "just a game". Skyrim is just a game, because you're playing it alone. An MMO isn't, it's always both a game and a social experience.

Funerals for in game friends whose characters have passed away are something that happens alot in all games. After 911 and for soldiers these memorials that take place are a huge deal. Many games have even created permanent memorials to these people so that their lives will go on in the digital world.

To go and disrupt these events because you dont "feel" like they should interfere with your fantasy world is a pretty lame choice. There is a special place in the afterlife for people who find enjoyment out of others sadness.

I made a bearded, male body type 4 operative named Rosie-O'Donnell, which I thought was hilarious. But I couldn't get a group to save my life. Turns out I was on an RP server and they didn't take too kindly to that. Now I don't even bother with other servers, I stick to The Shadowlands.

I have to agree with the poster of this thread. There are plenty of PvE and PvP servers to roll on, if you have 0 interest in roleplaying please do NOT make a character there!!!!
So who is going to the be the RP Nazi to tell everyone how to RP their way?

Nobody. This was about inappropriate names.

Go ahead and try to explain to me how naming your character oOoCheezeB4llZoOo is "your way of roleplaying"... I'd love to hear that explanation.

You made me giggle. Thank you. :) I'd love to hear that too.

Nobody. This was about inappropriate names.

Go ahead and try to explain to me how naming your character oOoCheezeB4llZoOo is "your way of roleplaying"... I'd love to hear that explanation.

Sure, you construct an absurd example then attack my point. I think your character name breaks RP rules, so do I get to say so? Don't be a punk about this.

Sure, you construct an absurd example then attack my point. I think your character name breaks RP rules, so do I get to say so? Don't be a punk about this.

Are you talking about OddballEasyEight's forum name that you object to?