Dread Fortress SM Reaches, Hands, Brontes are broke.

ImNotFatImObese

So, we ran Dread Fortress a bit ago and it is broke!

On the way to Brontes the Reaches in hall don't turn toward tanks.

During Brontes fight.

The hands don't turn toward tanks. This includes all phases and yes they slam right in middle where DPS are trying to kill fingers.

On phase where reaches have lightning they face one way and not in direction of lightning they are emitting.

Also Brontes won't turn when fight is going on in middle right before clock phase.

Yes tanks are taunting but the hands, reaches, brontes all stuck facing one way.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Same thing happened to us today in the Directive 7 flashpoint. The boss Bulwark would stay fixed in his place and not turn toward the player with aggro.

I believe that in reality the boss did rotate because I couldn't use Back Blast (I was behind the boss and the ability was not grayed out, while in fact the boss was facing me).

There probably is a bug with the base model that affects various bosses and NPCs.

Another bug report on this: [bUG REPORT] Dread Fortress Mechanics broken.

Edited by Jerba

We today encountered a similar problem with the Underlurker in the Temple of Sacrifice. The green rectangles in which you should stay (behind the rocks) do not show correctly and point towards a random direction. This seems to be the main new wipe mechanic here as you can not say if you stay right or wrong. The boss is nearly unplayable for most players due to this. Edited by SuperHerosi

animations are broken. Hands facing to the center, but they actually hit the tank, wherever tank stands. This is very discombobulating.

Hands with elictricity between them also face randomly. So if they are far away from each other it is hard to predict where the lightning will occur.

Just watched a stream of a DF run and saw this bug in action. Basically, the tentacles stay facing the same direction that they spawned in even after their target is moving, and all animations and ground markings are going toward that starting direction. But this is just a display bug, in reality the tentacles are facing their target and doing all cleaves etc. toward their target. When a tentacle submerges and appears at a new position, it will then face the target upon spawn but stay in that position and not turn toward the target.

I imagine experienced players will still be able to kill the bosses, they just need to trust that the tentacles are facing them and ignore any ground markings. E.g. the DPS and healers can easily stand inside the cleave and not worry about taking damage because the marking is wrong.

The only real impact will be felt by Scoundrel and Shadow DPS because they will have problems to use attacks from behind the target when it is facing towards them but since those attacks now have a 270° range as of 4.0, the impact is not too severe.

Can anyone confirm whether Underlurker is still killable? Is it also just a display bug (e.g. the green zones are in the wrong spot and you need to know where to stand) or is there some bug with the rocks granting the shield buff?

My current theory is that this bug affects every immobilized NPC - that is, NPCs that stand in place but should be able to turn. The server still allows them to rotate but on the client they are not allowed to rotate.

Turrets are not affected by this bug but that could be because they are animated differently (only their head moves, their base has always stayed in place).

Edited by Jerba

Some more reports from Reddit: [bug] Bosses don't turn

Including a video of M&B:

And another thread on this: Bossfights - BUGGED [Flashpoints/Operations] Patch 4.1

And a thread from the flashpoint forums: Bronties fingers glitched

This is definitely a major bug, although not game-breaking since it is just a display issue. Hope they can fix it soon.

Edited by Jerba

Some more reports from Reddit: [bug] Bosses don't turn

Including a video of M&B:

And another thread on this: Bossfights - BUGGED [Flashpoints/Operations] Patch 4.1

And a thread from the flashpoint forums: Bronties fingers glitched

This is definitely a major bug, although not game-breaking since it is just a display issue. Hope they can fix it soon.

Yes noticed this Glitch / Bug on yesterday evening when we went to do Storymode a.k.a Softmode Ops Trip there. Pretty crazy Brontes encounter for Softmode for knowing how Softmode Ops encounters are dumped down to Deepest Pit of Simplification after 4.0 patch arrived. Both Tentacles on phase where 4x Fingers on each side are Slamming the center area & the slam area zone Icons appear before Hitting the Ground. Blast Radius is Wide so even staying behind the Tentacle doesn't prevent u from being knocked & interrupting your Channeling.

If this would be new feature made by EW Devs then i wonder what kind of crazy new changes are made for other Softmode Operations. Ofc i wouldn't care if changes to make them close to what Storymode Opses used to be before dumping them down how they r now after Kotfe arrived. Wonder why all other DF Bossies before Brontes were kept at Mind Boggling Cakewalk takedowns for Softmode.. Then Brontes having very whacky Phse before last one where she comes out to Play. Also the Droid Bossy before Brontes still shoots one Death Lazer to weird angle and not Forward and that looks pretty fun :p

Thanks Devs and please Look Into Brontes Bug :) Phase before last one where 8x Fingers on field & 2x Tentacles smacking the Center Area. Not Tauntable like used to be & so on. Only ppl who would design it to be like this would be ones who would've smoked some Weed before designing new Final Bossy Encounter(s).

- Mmo Veteran who appreciates Work for Character Lvl Progression & General Progression. Dislikes old bugs & general simplification -

Can anyone confirm whether Underlurker is still killable? Is it also just a display bug (e.g. the green zones are in the wrong spot and you need to know where to stand) or is there some bug with the rocks granting the shield buff?

He is still killabe, nothing wrong with the Buff.

This is also affecting Sword Squadron and Underlurker. Mega blasts are being fired at different directions than Unit 1 is pointed and the safe areas are not protecting from rage storm because the bosses are not rotating correctly.

HK cone on Revan is showing the wrong direction. I really hope these issues are fixed fast even though they are only related to operations and not new chapter. It's frustrating to try to progress in Revan HM and lose half the raid on invisible cone *sigh

Only reason I'm continuing the thread is that this is not yet a "known issue"!

dear devs,

it would be very nice of u to at least respond to this issue.

we are trying to teach a new tank all the mechanics atm, which is quite impossible, as if u are new and u dont see stuff it really gets frustrating.

please dont play dead and at least say something

]HK cone on Revan is showing the wrong direction. I really hope these issues are fixed fast even though they are only related to operations and not new chapter. It's frustrating to try to progress in Revan HM and lose half the raid on invisible cone *sigh

Only reason I'm continuing the thread is that this is not yet a "known issue"!

I can confirm the Pseudorandom Violence from HK telegraph isn't working, making things very hard during that phase since the only indication you're in the wrong spot is your health plummeting... and it's hard to know where is safe.

Revan's Impel telegraph also appears to not function properly.

Edited by Nepthen

I have been experiencing the same issue with all bosses that I have fought since 4.1 they do not turn to the person with agro but they are hitting that person the telegraphs are also going in front of the boss but hitting the person with agro. I have seen this is DF, EV, and several FPs so I am assuming most bosses are bugged for some reason.

HM/NIM Council fight in Dread Palace (last boss) is also bugged, when Dread Masters are up, Styrak/Kjell is dead and Brontes does his lightning phase, she shoots thunder at completely wrong direction AND the beam stays still, and not rotating around like it is supposed to. Super disorientating.

• Dev Post

Hey follks,

The team is aware of issues relating to some Operation and Flashpoint bosses. We are currently looking to address these issues with Game Update 4.3 and will pass on any additional information as we have it.

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco