New Mek-Sha Heroic 4?

ZeridanShear

So I don't know if this is just bugged or what, but this Heroic 4 is a complete waste of time. It's possible to solo if you get the gang members to fight the one on your side, but the reward? Not even a quarter of a Renown Level, no tech frags, and no Daily crate. Plus you have to pay 2mil to complete it - lol.

I'm really hoping I missed something, or this is incomplete.

Same goes for the 'travel the galaxy' mission in Huttbreaker's. Go to a planet, find the stuff, and get 1/8th of a Renown level and a measly amount of credits? Huh?

Edited by ZeridanShear

Yeah *** is up with that cost to complete it?? I think it varies though, I did it earlier in support of the Mandos who I had worked with in the story. I didn't pay attention to the cost but it certainly wasn't anything crazy and I didn't have many credits on me but was able to buy it. But just saw the mission again w the Nova Blades and the contract is 1.8 mil??? For what exactly?

So I don't know if this is just bugged or what, but this Heroic 4 is a complete waste of time. It's possible to solo if you get the gang members to fight the one on your side, but the reward? Not even a quarter of a Renown Level, no tech frags, and no Daily crate. Plus you have to pay 2mil to complete it - lol.

I'm really hoping I missed something, or this is incomplete.

Same goes for the 'travel the galaxy' mission in Huttbreaker's. Go to a planet, find the stuff, and get 1/8th of a Renown level and a measly amount of credits? Huh?

I don't think you're missing anything, it appears this is the gist of it. I've read numerous complaints on the planet as well, which is why I haven't touched it. This would seem like another credit sink of theirs, disguised as new content.

It looks like there's a new cosmetic item for the achievement for working with all the different gangs 25 times. Can't imagine how expensive that will be, lol.

This H4 (and all Mek-Sha missions really) is honestly a terrible joke. I think someone needs to look up game design in the encyclopedia or something.

When I heard they were improving the Meksha dailies I was hoping for something more like Onderon.

I thought the same thing. A Weekly, maybe even a Patrol mission to get six of them done. This is more or less par for the course for EAWare. They probably already had this heroic in the queue but couldn't get it finished before the Onslaught release and threw everyone a bone by mentioning more dailies for Mek.

I actually haven't been able to complete this. One of the hostile gang members is completely immune to damage, thus can't be defeated, thus the heroic can't be finished. This was when I played aligned with Harido Wald.

There are clickable items in the phase - a basket of fruit, a chair, bottles, glass of water. These give an ability that pops up on your temporary ability bar. Each enemy has a buff that shows what can be used to temporarily break their special status, be it increased damage, alacrity, health regen or invincibility. In the case of the invincible guy it is the fruit basket that you need to click to obtain it, then use on him. Their buffs come back after a while so you will need to use these items several times during the fight.

As for the cost, this seems to be related to your choices in the story. My chars who sided with Veek can choose Wald for 18K, and the ones who went with Indigo can choose the Dar'Manda for 18K. The thing is, those were the only choices in the story, as far as I can tell, so it seems you will need to spend 1.8 million any time you want to choose Nova Blade or Dire Skulls (or the choice you did not make in the story). So as has been said, an unavoidable credit sink if you really want the achievement. :mad:

I don't think you're missing anything, it appears this is the gist of it. I've read numerous complaints on the planet as well, which is why I haven't touched it. This would seem like another credit sink of theirs, disguised as new content.

This whole expansion is one big credit sink and a total joke. No wonder there are so many gold spammers around.

Anyway, I won’t be doing this content if I have to pay to finish it and not the other way around where I’m rewarded for doing it,

The whole thing is completely backwards in design. Someone needs to go back to game design school and maybe find a job in another industry.

This latest addition is just another slap in the face for the loyal supporters who have stuck around through all of Bioware’s bull crap they’ve pulled of the last few years.

My patience has pretty much evaporated with these bone heads,

Edited by TrixxieTriss

LOL

Calling this quest h4 is funny. You hardly get any harm and as soon as you have noticed with the objects, it is also done quickly. You end up paying more than you get back. At least they could have given out a golden box for the price. :rolleyes:

When I heard they were improving the Meksha dailies I was hoping for something more like Onderon.

Same here. I was disappointed to see what we got. I really like Mek-sha. The heroic 2's are pretty enjoyable to solo.

Was hoping for like 6 dailies. Oh well...

Edited by Nemmar

This whole expansion is one big credit sink and a total joke. No wonder there are so many gold spammers around.

Anyway, I won’t be doing this content if I have to pay to finish it and not the other way around where I’m rewarded for doing it,

The whole thing is completely backwards in design. Someone needs to go back to game design school and maybe find a job in another industry.

This latest addition is just another slap in the face for the loyal supporters who have stuck around through all of Bioware’s bull crap they’ve pulled of the last few years.

My patience has pretty much evaporated with these bone heads,

That last sentence made me laugh, nice one. :D

This heroic seems more like charity than anything. At least with a job, you expect to be compensated for your efforts, nope, not here! "We want you to waste your time, resources, and we expect to be compensated for your efforts"!

Back to the drawing board devs!

I actually haven't been able to complete this. One of the hostile gang members is completely immune to damage, thus can't be defeated, thus the heroic can't be finished. This was when I played aligned with Harido Wald.

There are clickables in the instance which will give you one of a selecton special attacks - one of these will make the target vulnerable.

Update: I should have refreshed my page before answering - already answered above.

Edited by Sambril

There are clickable items in the phase - a basket of fruit, a chair, bottles, glass of water. These give an ability that pops up on your temporary ability bar. Each enemy has a buff that shows what can be used to temporarily break their special status, be it increased damage, alacrity, health regen or invincibility. In the case of the invincible guy it is the fruit basket that you need to click to obtain it, then use on him. Their buffs come back after a while so you will need to use these items several times during the fight.

The behavior for me, upon repeated attempts: The non-invincible buffed mobs aggro each other. One kills the other and the surviving one is nearly dead, and can be dispatched easily. The invincible one aggros the friendly. However, once I kill the second one, leaving only invincible left, all clickies immediately become unusable. They stop glowing and are no longer clickable, leaving the quest impossible to finish. I've repeated this behavior about five times. I should note that I too, like Estelindis, sided with Harido Wald; so I don't know if this bug is restricted to that?

The behavior for me, upon repeated attempts: The non-invincible buffed mobs aggro each other. One kills the other and the surviving one is nearly dead, and can be dispatched easily. The invincible one aggros the friendly. However, once I kill the second one, leaving only invincible left, all clickies immediately become unusable. They stop glowing and are no longer clickable, leaving the quest impossible to finish. I've repeated this behavior about five times. I should note that I too, like Estelindis, sided with Harido Wald; so I don't know if this bug is restricted to that?

it seems like each of the champion mobs has their own gimmick, and the damage immunity is associated with the Trandoshan Nova Blade Lieutenant - so obviously siding with the Nova Blades means this guy will be friendly and you can damage down the other 3 hostile mobs with no concerns

one thing I did notice is that the Lieutenant is only immune to the damage received from the player - he was still taking damage from the Harido Wald friendly NPC and eventually died to the DoT debuff and basic attacks

not sure if the buff-removing items disabling themselves after the first two hostile mobs die is intentional but it seems like if you want to complete this heroic in a timely manner - side with the Nova Blades

and 18k credits to complete a quest that gives 31k as a reward is still a net gain, so the Street Cred reward isn't entirely a credit sink

and 18k credits to complete a quest that gives 31k as a reward is still a net gain, so the Street Cred reward isn't entirely a credit sink

Check the achievement again: you have to side with EACH gang 10 times to get the achievment. So just spamming nova blades won't do it.

The credits to complete are bad enough, but combine that with the horribly buggy (or horribly designed) way that the clickables frequently disappear, and I can't see ever getting that street cred achievement. I don't know what it does, but nothing is worth that much aggravation.

so, let's see if I got that right:

if you DON'T side with the Nova Blades you need to do the following:

- debuff the Nova Blade guy with the fruit basket

- kill the Nova Blade guy asap (and before the others)

- then kill the others

otherwise the clickables become un-clickable and the quest cannot be finished?

and yes, I agree with the overall sentiment: it is a questionable H4 that really is not worth it...

and what does this achievement reward thingie actually do? is it kind of an emote?

So apparently there is a way to always pay 18k for the contract but it requires things like reseting the phase, more group members so one keeps the phase in the state where the vendor is in place. I just wont bother, just like with the heroic on Dantooine im fine with paying for it.