Solo queue arenas will be destroyed by quitters

Akuryu

If you think warzone quitters are bad in 8v8, just imagine the cost to the team in 4v4. Every solo queued arena will be decided in the first 30 seconds. As soon as one of these people are killed, or things start getting tough, they're going to bail. You may think that because they quit their rating will be lowered and you won't get matched with them again, but you'll go on to lose that arena and your rating will be lowered too. Plus quitters come in all shapes and sizes (and skill levels).

I strongly suggest some type of lockout. If you quit out of an arena you shouldn't be allowed to requeue for a few hours. I'm assuming there will not be backfill for arenas (I hope not anyway), so the leaving player had cost the team the match and lowered their rating. There needs to be punishment for this.

Edited by Akuryu

Quitting giving your a rating hit of a loss plus 5% would be enough to stop people from quitting to save their rating.

Why stop at 5 %? It's the players responsibilty to keep their connection and computer up to date so it's their own fault if they d/c. Hence, random disconnects shouldnt be a reason for not making it +100 % rating loss. And shouldnt the system be able to tell if someone actually clicks "leave warzone" or dc'es?

Also, it's going to happen regardless of what the penalty is so make it so that the remaining players on the team arent losing rating or has a huge reduction to the rating loss in the event of a match loss.

Edited by MidichIorian

Quitters happen, who cares?

Seriously, whining about something that hasnt happened, may never happen, and is impossible to predict at this stage is simply pedantic.

Queue and quit on PTS if your interested in how that plays out. Then you can come and whine like a 2 year old.

Here we go again...

Again.

On a serious note. I think its hard to tell but part of me thinks people will only want to do 8v8 regs or arena regs but if that is truly the case then they should just do ranked. Wont really know until a few weeks into live so what, about two months?

Why stop at 5 %? It's the players responsibilty to keep their connection and computer up to date so it's their own fault if they d/c. Hence, random disconnects shouldnt be a reason for not making it +100 % rating loss. And shouldnt the system be able to tell if someone actually clicks "leave warzone" or dc'es?

Also, it's going to happen regardless of what the penalty is so make it so that the remaining players on the team arent losing rating or has a huge reduction to the rating loss in the event of a match loss.

So im playing a warzone, kickin butt and taking names....BAM! My power goes out. Now i get a 100% loss in rating? what?

Im playing a warzone, kickin butt and taking names...BAM! My three year old wakes up from his nap and starts climbing on my head. He accidentally kicks the power button on my computer. Now i get a 100% loss in rating?

Im playing a warzone, getting stomped and takin it up the ***, and my dog takes a dump on the carpet. Now i have to quit the wz (or go afk and get booted). Now i get a 100% loss in rating?

Real life happens man. All three above examples have happened to me and shouldnt be punished to harshly. Id say 10% rating drop and a 15 min queue debuff. I also advocate a stat that records how many times youve quit a warzone. With matchmaking, it would ensure quitters all got put on the same team :). How awesome would that be?

You guys must not play a lot of ranked ATM. Currently, you can just about guarantee that someone will DC or crash for some unexplained reason. Don't even get me started on 2.3's latency issues where you are red disconnect for no reason even though your Internet is fine and streaming the whole thing without any dropped frames.

This sounds like a good solution. Take away the "leave warzone" button. I mean, how long will an arena be? 10Min tops?

Nothing will stop these people.

They will simply afk/tab out watch roku.

or use a key stroke program to keep them pressing 1... so no vote kick will get them.

Basically the way of the world is no one can have nice things. Because these types will find a way to ruin it. guaranteed.

Nothing will stop these people.

They will simply afk/tab out watch roku.

or use a key stroke program to keep them pressing 1... so no vote kick will get them.

Basically the way of the world is no one can have nice things. Because these types will find a way to ruin it. guaranteed.

You are correct. There is no way to truely stop quitters all i can say is, for me, ill be doing arenas with guildmates probably 90% of the time. Quitters wont be an issue for me.

People need to get in a guild or have friends to queue with. If your guildmates are the ragequitters you need to reevaluate the company you keep

Sure... If you feel like having me AFKING IN A CORNER and not leaving your game then go right ahead and do that...

You choose:

1-Me AFK'ing in a corner.

2-Me leaving the game.

In arenas there is no difference between the two. If you leave we aren't getting a replacement. If you stay maybe beating on you will distract them for the 2.7 seconds it takes for you to die.

I prefer the idea of a lockout over increased rating penalty because people who quit out don't care about their rating. The way it works now, if you stay in a losing warzone you still get comms/money/experience. Leaving gets you nothing, but they leave anyway. They don't care about rewards. They just don't like to lose, and in their tiny minds, if they left they didn't really lose that warzone.

So im playing a warzone, kickin butt and taking names....BAM! My power goes out. Now i get a 100% loss in rating? what?

Im playing a warzone, kickin butt and taking names...BAM! My three year old wakes up from his nap and starts climbing on my head. He accidentally kicks the power button on my computer. Now i get a 100% loss in rating?

Im playing a warzone, getting stomped and takin it up the ***, and my dog takes a dump on the carpet. Now i have to quit the wz (or go afk and get booted). Now i get a 100% loss in rating?

Real life happens man. All three above examples have happened to me and shouldnt be punished to harshly. Id say 10% rating drop and a 15 min queue debuff. I also advocate a stat that records how many times youve quit a warzone. With matchmaking, it would ensure quitters all got put on the same team :). How awesome would that be?

First, I meant +100 % to the loss of rating from the game you just lost and not that you would lose your entire rating (it would be silly if someone had a 2K rating and went to 0 because of a d/c)

As for the rest,if you expect things to happen at such a frequency that the + X % loss to your rating actually will have a big impact on your overall rating then you really need to consider other forms of content. You gave three examples but if those only happen 3 times out of 500 games played it's not a big deal.

Edited by MidichIorian