Cash Shop Purchases: Account Wide or Single Character only?

ZakMan

I guess they don't know that already. But I sure hope they will ask for our feedback about such things in the future (and not ignore us like they do most of the time, which is part of why the game is in such a bad shape, they didn't even listened to their beta testers that much, still wonder why they bothered at all with a beta).

lets say its a speeder for £5

main and 7 alts all get it that £5 for ea

main and 7 alt all have to buy it that £40 for ea

if there happy to say there willing to charge you £1 a reload on a different game which one do you think there going to choose

but saying that the sparkle pony from WoW was across servers so was the pets so you never know

Edited by liammozz

Pretend you are EA.

Which option makes you more money?

There's your answer.

Going by that logic, why don't I just charge people 10$ for access to every 10 levels in the game instead of giving them the first 50 levels for free

Going by that logic, why don't I just charge people 10$ for access to every 10 levels in the game instead of giving them the first 50 levels for free

Because then they wouldn't attract the casual crowd with full access to the story and lure them to buy cash shop features such as warzones.

So by not charging for every 10 levels they will attract more players potentially bringing more money.

I'm sure there will be both types.

Items for only that character, and items only for that legacy.

They could sell a speeder for $5 and make it legacy-wide,but nothing is stopping them from pumping out a different colored speeder for another $5.

Or a double XP buff that lasts for 2 hours,but is only for the character that buys it.

etc...

Because then they wouldn't attract the casual crowd with full access to the story and lure them to buy cash shop features such as warzones.

So by not charging for every 10 levels they will attract more players potentially bringing more money.

Exactly, you have to draw people in and make it seem like a good deal in order to potentially make more money, by giving a legacy-wide speeder for only 5$, they could potentially see more sales of it then if it was 5$ per character.

Exactly, you have to draw people in and make it seem like a good deal in order to potentially make more money, by giving a legacy-wide speeder for only 5$, they could potentially see more sales of it then if it was 5$ per character.

I would like to see legacy wide stuff but I won't hold my breath. They may start the shop out as single character content then change it legacy wide if sales are low. Or vice versa if sales are high.

I hate to bash EA all the time but we all know what they are like. In EA's eyes if I buy a legacy wide bit of content it's one sale. If I buy content for my main then alt it's two sales. EA and investors are happier with the latter.

If I am to judge from the "Legacy 1.3 boosts", it`s character specific. So, chances are high to need to buy the "boosts" for each.

The gear, I guess will have the same treatment - open your eyes and see if it says bind on legacy or bind on equip or pickup.

Then again, I`m shooting in the dark here, banking on EA`s greed. I wouldn`t put it past them, seeing how they are trying to force subs by limiting access to what we already own.

They need to start finding out how this is going to work and then release some examples. Right now, the only carrot on a stick for subscribers to pay the monthly fee for a game that has gotten stale and receieves no content, is the promise of Cartel coins for every month. Thing is that most people won't care, because we have no idea how much the amount we get will get us and we mostly have no idea what we can actually buy for the coins.

I hope that the Cartel shop purchases will be account wide, either that or you get seperate cartel coins for each character.

Also Devs, if you're listening, I would seriously pay for a Marvel Avengers Hawkeye Costume (from the film) for my future imperial agent. Just replace the SHIELD Logo with a sith empire one. :)

If they follow industry precedent... it will be a combination of both.

Since they do both with legacy perks already, this reinforces to me that they will offer both, depending on what it is. The legacy perk offering is our best insight as to which is which for now.

Then again, I`m shooting in the dark here, banking on EA`s greed. I wouldn`t put it past them, seeing how they are trying to force subs by limiting access to what we already own.

You do realize, unless you bought actual discs, you own nothing, right?

You do realize, unless you bought actual discs, you own nothing, right?

It would make for a very short bussiness if one would keep taking away stuff.

So, ya, I still own it... even if "rented". And they aren`t giving me any reason to keep "renting" their property, other than taking away some of the perks I am "renting", to begin with.

I do own my CC and I can go "rent" other property, however. SO, yea... not really rocket science stuff.

[EDIT]But past the legal BS, to me it`s really clear: What I have on my toons is mine, until the game shuts down. I don`t understand and I don`t like having limitations to stuff I already have. It costed time and money, which were covered previously by the 15$ Bioware itself set. Those are already "paid for".

One question for you: Where does it say I need to be a lawyer to play a game?

Edited by Styxx

I'm pretty sure it will depend on what you're buying.

• Character Rename - obviously single character.

• Non-combat Pet - account wide

• XP boost - single character

• Special Outfit - account wide

Of course, this is all conjecture. We won't know until they release it.

:cool:

Edited by Blackavaar

It would make for a very short bussiness if one would keep taking away stuff.

So, ya, I still own it... even if "rented". And they aren`t giving me any reason to keep "renting" their property, other than taking away some of the perks I am "renting", to begin with.

I do own my CC and I can go "rent" other property, however. SO, yea... not really rocket science stuff.

[EDIT]But past the legal BS, to me it`s really clear: What I have on my toons is mine, until the game shuts down. I don`t understand and I don`t like having limitations to stuff I already have. It costed time and money, which were covered previously by the 15$ Bioware itself set. Those are already "paid for".

One question for you: Where does it say I need to be a lawyer to play a game?

Lordy, where to begin with this mess.

What I have on my toons is mine, until the game shuts down.

No, no it isn't.

If they dropped a patch tomorrow that removed all orange gear shells from the game, for whatever reason, your orange gear shells are gone. You have no recourse to get them back. You have no choice in the matter whether or not they are deleted or not. If this was something you actually owned, you would have a decisions on what happened to your possessions (obviously barring criminal activities). You posses nothing but the box, Malgus statue, the discs, etc.

Once the FTP model goes live, your "rent" will give you access to everything you currently have access to.

I don`t understand and I don`t like having limitations to stuff I already have. It costed time and money, which were covered previously by the 15$ Bioware itself set. Those are already "paid for".

Again, no. They are not already paid for. You pay for access to these things for 15 skrilla a month. What you do in the time period you paid for (gather items, accrue credits, unlock races) is irrelevant. You pay the same amount as someone that uses SWTOR as a chat program, and is level 1. All either of you pay for is access to this game.

Now with that said, once this goes FTP, the items you buy for real money, specifically, like for example the orange mask, if you purchase that item, and then EA/Bio restricts access to that item, then you have a case for QQ.

Now with that said, once this goes FTP, the items you buy for real money, specifically, like for example the orange mask, if you purchase that item, and then EA/Bio restricts access to that item, then you have a case for QQ.

Wrong. Everything ingame is IP owned by various parties. It is the same case for one weapon even if it is bought with one credit ingame or one dollar in cash shop. The weapon itself is owned by EA and you only "rent" it. They have precisely the SAME right to limit access to it, regardless of how you purchased it.

It would be a bad bussiness decision, but ultimately legal.

Again, I am not a lawyer nor do I believe I need to be one while I am playing a game. Between 2 payment options, I am restricted access to what I see as "mine". End of story. I have nothing against having access restricted to any content, past, present or future. So, yes, to all "old" players, they ARE forced to keep a sub to keep access to their stuff. Which is, what I said, greed:

Edited by Styxx

Wrong. Everything ingame is IP owned by various parties. It is the same case for one weapon even if it is bought with one credit ingame or one dollar in cash shop. The weapon itself is owned by EA and you only "rent" it. They have precisely the SAME right to limit access to it, regardless of how you purchased it.

It would be a bad bussiness decision, but ultimately legal.

Again, I am not a lawyer nor do I believe I need to be one while I am playing a game. Between 2 payment options, I am restricted access to what I see as "mine". End of story. I have nothing against having access restricted to any content, past, present or future. So, yes, to all "old" players, they ARE forced to keep a sub to keep access to their stuff. Which is, what I said, greed:

I had another reasonable response all typed out, but really whats the point. After re-reading your "responses", it is clear you just want to rage against the machine; evil greed and all that. So let's bring it down a notch, just to stay friendly.

Sure is nice to have some weather that isn't over 95 degrees here. How about you? :rak_03:

Personally there should be options. I honestly wouldn't mind if certain items they gave 2 options either for a single character or you could buy it for your entire legacy for a bit more money. If a speeder cost $5 for one character and lets say $7 or even $10 for all your characters I imagine many people would shell out for the $10 dollar option.

I imagine Bioware can easily change these things if they see they are not making any money.

Personally there should be options. I honestly wouldn't mind if certain items they gave 2 options either for a single character or you could buy it for your entire legacy for a bit more money. If a speeder cost $5 for one character and lets say $7 or even $10 for all your characters I imagine many people would shell out for the $10 dollar option.

I imagine Bioware can easily change these things if they see they are not making any money.

Hmmmm, that makes sense, it would also be useful to the players who are only leveling one character, which is probably what a lot of FTP-ers will be doing with their limited character slots.