Stat Caps (Soft/Hard) for 1.4

WalterT

I haven't found anything concrete just yet, though I am looking around. I'd love to see a blue post on this one. Is there an upper limit to primary stats now before experiencing diminishing returns? Same for Crit and Surge. A well-known site, noxxic.com, shows Crit at 40% and Surge at 75% ... is this a true cap? Or just an estimate? It used to be 30% Crit, but with the new Dread gear I would expect an increase. Can anyone confirm or deny these numbers, preferably more concrete than "Yeah" ... cheers!

Quote from Wiki:

In economics, diminishing returns is the decrease in the marginal (per-unit) output of a production process as the amount of a single factor of production is increased, while the amounts of all other factors of production stay constant.

When people talk about diminishing returns in swtor, what they mean is at a certain point it becomes less advantageous to continue stacking a given stat because it ends taking up more and more base stat (crit, surge, etc) to increase the actual output percentage (the 30% you see in your character screen).

This has to do with in game mechanics in relation to how stats are calculated.

It has nothing to do with gear; just because there's a new gear set doesn't mean that the place where you start experiencing diminishing returns for a stat has changed in any way.

Understand?

Edit: Also, this is totally the wrong forum.

You were better off posting in 'General Discussion' than 'Star Wars Discussion'.

Edited by TalantMAJR

Hmm ... not to feed the trolls here, but "General Discussion" seems to make sense to me.

I completely agree that "General Discussion" makes sense... but you're not in the "General Discussion" you're in the "Star Wars Discussion" forum where we talk about books, movies and games.