1.2 Will ruin progression raiding for this round of content.

Not sure what the big deal is here. Server first is nice but really not much proof of it other than someone actually winning gear from the last boss of the content and quickly showing it to the people of the server. This isn't like WoW who has server first achievements that spams it to everybody in the world when one guild owns a raid for the first time. Plus with how content is currently its so easy that nobody should feel special even completing it.

Hopefully next raid is more tactical.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While it might be an unfair advantage, an experienced raiding guild will bring a lot more expertise and different point of view to specific fights that developers would otherwise not encounter. There is no guide book as to how we are supposed to set up our operation groups and how we are supposed to react to specific abilities. We go in there - knowing nothing of the encounter and figure it out ourselves.

It's public testing so I'm sure there will be plenty of guilds streaming. There will be write ups of the strategies out there if you want them. If you don't, then keep yourself from looking for it. If you keep up on the streams that people will no doubt have going then there is no real disadvantage. We don't even know if they are going to test the bosses with their full range of abilities.

Wow had public testing but if you have ever tried to get into the zone while they had a new boss up - it was near impossible. I remember being in my raid group and all of us trying to zone in for an hour straight sometimes before we got in, this especially sucked when the boss was only up for 3 hours.

Oh and someone said that the operations were gear dependent...the only one i could think of was nightmare mode annihilation droid were you needed around 16k life to live. Other than that we rolled into operations with nothing but our questing gear and steam rolled everything in normal and hard mode. The only fights that were not kill-able were due to bugs, I would have loved to see a fight with a tight enrage were a little bit more gear is what allows you to kill it eventually.

/endrant

Edited by Chorusgirl

Without allowing all guilds an opportunity to test 1.2, it gives an unfair advantage to those who are given an opportunity. They will have maybe 2 weeks or more to learn all the boss fights while those who aren't allowed in, will be behind.

Edit: My last statement removed as it is not really relevant due to them implementing character copies in the future. For 1.2, everything said is true.

the only thing 1.2 is gonna do..is make it to where bad kids cant get the new highest tier set i hope..nightmare hopefully will be hard considering theyre not releasing it with the new raids..only "story" and hardmodes will be available..so nightmare (the only thing worth progression imo) wont be released until a later date. What exactly isnt fair?

Being first on your server to down a boss impresses precisely zero people. Telling people about it is simply a method of stroking an epeen that even less people online care about than actual people care about your real peen in life.

Nightmare Modes will not be available with 1.2 and hardmode "progress" doesn't matter.

So everyone will have equal chances when nightmare modes come since we all will have farmed hardmodes already.

After watching the live stream, this looks to be the case.

So a handful of guilds get to see the content first ... whoop-de-do

It only takes one or two of those guilds to fraps the encounter to practically bring all the rest up to speed.

It's not like stuff is hard and it's been more a matter of RNG with gear then anything else. If you get good drops that are well proportioned, you progress faster.

Just cause a handful of guilds, non of which might even be on your server, get to test early doesn't automatically allow them to kill the same encounter on nightmare mode first.

Furthermore ... why are you QQ'ing about it in the first place? Be thankful they are at least getting the stuff tested which benefits everyone. Your crying over milk that has not even been split yet ... and when it is split, might not even matter.

Seriously ... doom and gloom "kiddies" need to give it a rest ... go pop some zits or something k?

Without allowing all guilds an opportunity to test 1.2, it gives an unfair advantage to those who are given an opportunity. They will have maybe 2 weeks or more to learn all the boss fights while those who aren't allowed in, will be behind.

Kind of a burn to Bioware, but with each patch they release they somehow find a way to screw up Eternity Vault, and it's due to there not being enough testing done on it.

Some people are going to get a shot at it before anyone else, and I'd welcome their critique so we don't get the buggy mess that was EV on release.

LOL @ this "world first" bullcrap.

Whats "bullcrap" about it? Its called competitve raiding and its been around for a long time. We've been doing the same thing in mmo's for so long that people have to try to spice it up some how. Top ranking world guilds, top ranked dps, topped ranked hps for healing. Its fun to try to achieve things like this for ALOT of people and it really is starting to become clear that swtor has no interest in this at all.

As for the post I mean i understand that this is month 2 and 2nd tier of raiding and they may have trouble putting every guild that wants to on the ptr. But the one good thing about this is unless i'm wrong only normal mode will be released right away so all guilds will be able to get some work in on the bosses and see the encounters before hardmode/nightmare is released. Which unless u are worried about world first normal.. which is pretty much whoever is online first and gets in there first imo then it should'nt be a huge deal.

Whats "bullcrap" about it? Its called competitve raiding and its been around for a long time. We've been doing the same thing in mmo's for so long that people have to try to spice it up some how. Top ranking world guilds, top ranked dps, topped ranked hps for healing. Its fun to try to achieve things like this for ALOT of people and it really is starting to become clear that swtor has no interest in this at all.

As for the post I mean i understand that this is month 2 and 2nd tier of raiding and they may have trouble putting every guild that wants to on the ptr. But the one good thing about this is unless i'm wrong only normal mode will be released right away so all guilds will be able to get some work in on the bosses and see the encounters before hardmode/nightmare is released. Which unless u are worried about world first normal.. which is pretty much whoever is online first and gets in there first imo then it should'nt be a huge deal.

You are kind of wrong.

Normal and Hard mode are released in 1.2

Nightmare will be released later - and all bosses will have added mechanics, not just more hp/dmg output.

You are kind of wrong.

Normal and Hard mode are released in 1.2

Nightmare will be released later - and all bosses will have added mechanics, not just more hp/dmg output.

Correct. Thinkg of more like:

1. Story Mode

2. Normal Mode

3. Heroic Mode**Not out till Late April after 1.2**