Bound to a flashpoint, can't group

I've been having this problem for a few days now and since support won't answer, here I am. Somehow I'm bound to a flashpoint and I can't reset it (Reset buttons etc...). Noticed it first when I tried to go to another FP and I was unable to enter, eventually weren't even able to group with people already inside. The next day, I was invited to a group for a world boss kill, but even then I couldn't group with those players because I am supposedly bound to a flashpoint.

So, any ideas on how to fix it? Unbind/Reset myself? Note that the reset buttons (both on character icon and when getting a group invite) don't work...

Usually I wouldn't bother but the problem's persisting for days now and getting me worried

I am having the same issue. Even though I dropped any unfinished missions or Flashpoint quests, (I never killed the last boss of friends of old) I still wasn't able to group. The game panel didn't show any flashpoint or any thing I may be locked into or out of.

The underlying issue is there is a bugged flashpoint, not sure what causes it but there is a...dark side...solution.

Invite a random person to your group. Make them lead. Leave the group. Its now their problem.

That didn't work ;/

Anybody have an update on this issue?

A buddy of mine couldn't do a flashpoint last night because at first it told him he was in the wrong difficulty level (even though he wasn't), and when we all dropped the quest and we all tried to get it again together it wouldn't let him get the quest.

After that issue we tried just walking in to a flashpoint (any flashpoint) without the quests at all so there was no hardmode vs normal issue. It kept telling him that he had to reset his flashpoint, etc., similar to the issues in this thread.

Since they took out the search function on these forums (whose bright idea was that?), and google searching is only kind of effective, I'm not confident but I hadn't seen many old posts about this topic. Does anyone know when/if this issue resolves itself, or do we just have to hope for Bioware to roll out a fix?

I've been having issues where I try to get Dailies and flashpoints and it says I have missions to complete, so I can't get the Flashpoint. Or I drop the daily then I can get the Flashpoint mission, but I can't get the Daily after that.

Is there a certain order I need to get the missions in?

Is this the same\related issue or a different one?

Thanks

I just sent a ticket in about this issue. We tried passing leadership around, dropping and regrouping, human sacrifice...nothing! It still says the leader has to reset the flashpoint (Hammer Station in this case) and we keep trying with no effect. :(

Reposting my reply from a similar thread, since they still haven't fixed forum search:

What seems to be happening is that the last flashpoint run isn't always clearing correctly, even though it's not displaying in your mission log, so the game still thinks you have an active FP. My group had this problem after running Cademimu; our leader's objectives cleared fine and he was able to turn in the mission, but the rest of us had both the turn-in objective and another one telling us to complete the mission again. We abandoned that second objective through the mission log and were then able to turn in, but doing so bugged us and we ended up with the "Must Reset" issue.

If you don't want to "infect" a new group leader with the bug, here's what worked for me (from another thread on the subject, with thanks to the original discoverer):

1. Enter your last known "good" flashpoint.

2. Right-click your HUD portrait and choose the option to reset the phase. You'll then get a pop-up error message telling you the mission can't be reset because you're still inside.

3. Exit the flashpoint.

4. Open your mission log, find the flashpoint, and reset and abandon the FP from within the mission log interface.

5. At this point you should be able to group as well as take and enter other flashpoints properly.

Make sure you run through all the steps in sequence. I had tried every one of these options separately, but only this particular combination of steps worked for me. Hope it helps!

The person that can't get invited to the group has the "bug". Make a person not intending to participate to the flashpoint invite you in a party (fake level 1 alts work as well), he will get a "transfer ownership popup", let him accept it, leave the group.

You're bug free.

This question might sound silly but do I have to be in a group for this? The last flashpoint I ran was Esseles and I can't enter it, or at least not on my own.

My bugged group members all went through the steps to unbug solo. We did all have to retake the last flashpoint from the terminal and were then able to individually enter the mission and go through the steps.

Have you reset/abandoned all other flashpoints and retaken the last good one from the terminal? If it's still showing in your list from the last time you ran it, have you tried to reset/abandon it and then retake it from the terminal?

Also having this problem, can not do any hard modes. I don't remember what my last good instance was. This sucks.

I suppose if you wanted to take the time, you could just try taking each flashpoint you've run from the terminal again and then see if you can enter it.

I have never run Black Talon, but I ran Mandalorian Raiders a few days ago. In that run, one of the players forgot to loot the final panel to "conclude" the instance. By the time he realized it he was already out and the instance had reset.

Also a few days ago, I was in a "world boss ops group" that killed the world boss on Alderaan. I died in the fight when the boss was at like 20% and I was told to release and run back (as half the ops run had died) and I did so. Just before I got within range the world boss was killed and I did not get credit in my codex (or get to roll on the items it dropped). The devs have some work to do to track this one down but they need to put some priority on it. One of the main reasons I bought this game (other than lightsabers!) is the fact that I can play in flashpoints and quest with my friends.

I'm not sure about the scheme used by BioWare to handle binding but something is really broken here. Whether I ran MR or not, that shouldn't affect me running Colocoid (or not running it as is the case here). I can't run any flashpoints (and I would guess ops also) as well.

Today earlier I ran 3 heroic dailies on Hoth, and one of the 4 team members didn't turn in. But maybe the damage was already done.

I´m also having this problem. Ruined my night yesterday, when some of my guildies went in and had fun.

Wrote a ticket, will be interesting to see if/when they will sort it out.

I should be compensated in the lost xp :/

The underlying issue is there is a bugged flashpoint, not sure what causes it but there is a...dark side...solution.

Invite a random person to your group. Make them lead. Leave the group. Its now their problem.

this DID fix my problem we were doing hard mode false empeor and wouldnt let us in we invited some random dude made em leader and boom it worked