Karpyshyn's Surik vs Avellone's Exile.

LadyKulvax

Well Nihilus force pushes her into the wall, severs her connection as seen when she fails to call upon her lightsaber and then Sion just starts physically assaulting her.

We see in the cut content that Traya would put Sion on his arse.

True...though is cut content canon?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True...though is cut content canon?

Probably not, though it is significant that all of it would be patched in by Obsidian if LucasArts had allowed them to.

Also, other cut content has been made canon since the release of the game.

Probably not, though it is significant that all of it would be patched in by Obsidian if LucasArts had allowed them to.

Also, other cut content has been made canon since the release of the game.

The scene just though is rather small, hence the questioning of it.

Edit: Disregard that bit before.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

He even visits Dromund Kaas and is unable to call out through the Force to the Jedi, due to the sheer magnitude of Dark Side energy on the planet and decides it would be better to leave as his power had little effect in the area.

Thank you for pointing this out, I now have canon evidence to back my claim up.

No problem, though I don't recall when Yoda visted Dromund Kaas.

About her force bonds...I know she had a propensity to form those well before Malachor V, but could the Trayus Academy's destruction and possible healing of her wound have affected this, somehow?

As for the Jedi Temple, it's not as if she flew straight to Coruscant from Malachor V. The Jedi had at least some time to rebuild, and there were other survivors who had abandoned the Order. So that makes some sense of it, but still...can't explain their disdain for her.

Anyway, generally speaking, I agree with you, OP.

About her force bonds...I know she had a propensity to form those well before Malachor V, but could the Trayus Academy's destruction and possible healing of her wound have affected this, somehow?

As for the Jedi Temple, it's not as if she flew straight to Coruscant from Malachor V. The Jedi had at least some time to rebuild, and there were other survivors who had abandoned the Order. So that makes some sense of it, but still...can't explain their disdain for her.

Anyway, generally speaking, I agree with you, OP.

EDIT: As for the talk with Atris, I don't remember getting dark side points just for disagreeing with her, and I remember that in her first vision in Ludo Kressh's tomb on Korriban, you can say to Malak "I wouldn't do anything differently. My choices have made me the person I am today", but still refuse to join him in Revan's Sith Empire and not get dark side points.

Edited by BradTheImpaler

Well according to the Star Wars Complete Encylopedia Meetra never actually became more powerful than Traya. That said Drew certainly sells her out short, though she didn't seem to handle the Imperial Guards and awful lot better than Scourge. That said I really don't think there is much explanation for why she was defeated by Nyriss, other than she was simply not strong enough. Sure you can say that Dromund Kaas dampened her powers, but that didn't seemed to hinder her of gosh darn Malachor V.

But, Drew's representation of the Exile's personality is pretty poor, she's just flat. And I can't believe that Drew didn't even bother to research her character. I mean really? What gives?

But, Drew's representation of the Exile's personality is pretty poor, she's just flat. And I can't believe that Drew didn't even bother to research her character. I mean really? What gives?

Incompetence? Stupidity? The act of disregarding previous works?

I retain that he just didn't care.

She was a part of the Wound at Malachor V, she caused it and had felt it already, being a wound I imagine explains why she was only ill on Malachor V and not either dead or turned to the Dark Side, which was the effect on everyone else.

Going off of the basis that her wound in the force healed after Malachor V was destroyed completely, then it would explain why her as a regular force user almost died on Nathema, it states pretty clearly she couldn't remain there much longer or she'd simply be killed by the lack of Force energy.

And going to Dromund Kaas, a place we know is deeply immersed in the Dark Side and has been for a thousand years, not to mention the numerous sites that expelled Dark Side energy, especially the Dark Temple, would probably make it impossible for her to heal herself and draw on the Force.

We also know from a small excerpt in the Wizards series and other sources that Yoda went to Dromund Kaas and felt similar effects of not being able to call on his power properly in that area.

Oh and I am guessing you got that Traya line from the legend of SWTOR, hahaha oh did i have fun with him on wookieepedia, he actually tried an edit that claimed she was the most powerful Sorceress since XoXaan, that didn't work out too well.

And sorry but I simply do not understand how Darth Nyriss = the entire Sith Triumvirate in the Trayus Academy including Darths Sion and Traya, especially considering that the Sith Triumvirate used the same teachings that Emperor Vitiate did to get so powerful.

Edited by LadyKulvax

She was a part of the Wound at Malachor V, she caused it and had felt it already, being a wound I imagine explains why she was only ill on Malachor V and not either dead or turned to the Dark Side, which was the effect on everyone else.

Going off of the basis that her wound in the force healed after Malachor V was destroyed completely, then it would explain why her as a regular force user almost died on Nathema, it states pretty clearly she couldn't remain there much longer or she'd simply be killed by the lack of Force energy.

And going to Dromund Kaas, a place we know is deeply immersed in the Dark Side and has been for a thousand years, not to mention the numerous sites that expelled Dark Side energy, especially the Dark Temple, would probably make it impossible for her to heal herself and draw on the Force.

We also know from a small excerpt in the Wizards series and other sources that Yoda went to Dromund Kaas and felt similar effects of not being able to call on his power properly in that area.

Oh and I am guessing you got that from the legend of SWTOR, hahaha oh did i have fun with him on wookieepedia.

And sorry but I simply do not understand how Darth Nyriss = the entire Sith Triumvirate in the Trayus Academy including Darths Sion and Traya, especially considering that the Sith Triumvirate used the same teachings that Emperor Vitiate did to get so powerful.

I don't know, did the wound close? This is never explicitly stated, only that the wound that is Malachor V closed...

And Meetra did not take the entire Sith Triumvirtate merged together in some kind of Force beast. She took them down one by one so we can't compare Nyriss with the entire academy collectively. It would seem that Sion and Traya individually are not as powerful as Nyriss, that said Traya was robbed of her Force drain ability, and regardless of your personal opinion on S_W_Legend his sources check out. Traya could probably just Force drain Nyriss to death.

Edited by Beniboybling

It wasn't just Yoda that went to Kaas.

Kyle Katarn actually turned to the dark side in there. Jaina and Luke had problems there as well, as the dark side was more like a thick liquid outside the temple. Ben Skywalker was severely diminished in his ability to fight while there as well.

This is from the Fate of the Jedi series of books when they went there to try to find the Lost Tribe or Abeloth.

I don't know, did the wound close? This is never explicitly stated, only that the wound that is Malachor V closed...

And Meetra did not take the entire Sith Triumvirtate merged together in some kind of Force beast. She took them down one by one so we can't compare Nyriss with the entire academy collectively. It would seem that Sion and Traya individually are not as powerful as Nyriss, that said Traya was robbed of her Force drain ability, and regardless of your personal opinion on S_W_Legend his sources check out. Traya could probably just Force drain Nyriss to death.

It was one engagement after another, she fought all the students which included Sith Lords, then fought the remaining leaders herself.

I simply do not see how Nyriss' lightning could defeat either Sion or Traya at all, Sion can't be killed and Traya would literally drain her of her power.

Oh and his 'source' is used entirely incorrectly and he's been found doing it on Wookieepedia, as I said in an edit, he tried to claim she was the best sorceress since XoXaan and when he sourced his Encyclopedia, someone read it and asked him what page, he 'forgot' and the edit was removed.

Regardless I maintain that given the evidence we already have and the fact that Yoda suffered similar effects on the same planet, the Exile was both damaged and unable to call on her full power.

It wasn't just Yoda that went to Kaas.

Kyle Katarn actually turned to the dark side in there. Jaina and Luke had problems there as well, as the dark side was more like a thick liquid outside the temple. Ben Skywalker was severely diminished in his ability to fight while there as well.

This is from the Fate of the Jedi series of books when they went there to try to find the Lost Tribe or Abeloth.

Exactly.

But isn't Malachor V an even greater dark side nexus? Are we forgetting that Kreia said of it?

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong...It corrupts all that walks on its surface—drowns them in the power of the dark side. It corrupts all life, and it feeds on death."

Revan didn't seem to have any problem healing himself on Droumund Kaas it should be noted.

Traya's kinda OP, now that I think of it. Hmm... perhaps not a good player for The BattleZone.

What? Oh right, back to the topic at hand.

The Exile losing her ability on Dromund Kaas is the only explanation for her poor performance in comparison to the beatdown on Malachor. Dromund Kaas seems to be a very powerful Dark Side nexus, rivaling or even exceeding Malachor.

Edit: You're a Wookieepedian, Rayla?

Edited by Aurbere

But isn't Malachor V an even greater dark side nexus? Are we forgetting that Kreia said of it?

"There is a place in the galaxy where the dark side of the Force runs strong...It corrupts all that walks on its surface—drowns them in the power of the dark side. It corrupts all life, and it feeds on death."

Revan didn't seem to have any problem healing himself on Droumund Kaas it should be noted.

Yes but she is a part of Malachor V as she herself is a Wound in the Force from Malachor V, after Malachor V and once it is destroyed, she as an Echo simply seems to lose her own wound and heals fully from it, then we see what happens to her on nathema and that was FAR worse for her.

Also Revan can call on the Dark Side of the Force as well as the Light Side and given the reveal in Dawn of the Jedi that Force Healing is actually based on Alchemy, the same alchemy that would come to be known as Sith Alchemy later on, though a far less extreme implementation of it, it makes sense that Revan over anyone would be able to use his power there, especially after a moment of Oneness.

Something that also doesn't just vanish, when Jacen achieved it, it didn't actually go away, he instead learnt to use it in a much lesser application via Force Overload which allowed him to use the Force at higher degrees than was safe for his body.

Edited by LadyKulvax

It was one engagement after another, she fought all the students which included Sith Lords, then fought the remaining leaders herself.

I simply do not see how Nyriss' lightning could defeat either Sion or Traya at all, Sion can't be killed and Traya would literally drain her of her power.

Oh and his 'source' is used entirely incorrectly and he's been found doing it on Wookieepedia, as I said in an edit, he tried to claim she was the best sorceress since XoXaan and when he sourced his Encyclopedia, someone read it and asked him what page, he 'forgot' and the edit was removed.

Regardless I maintain that given the evidence we already have and the fact that Yoda suffered similar effects on the same planet, the Exile was both damaged and unable to call on her full power.

She defeated them one after the other, but all that indicates is that she might be tired, we can't then go and compare the combined strength of Nyriss with the Trayus Academy, but treat them individually while taking into account the circumstances.

Well exactly, Sion can't be killed yet Meetra convinced him to die, Traya would Force drain Nyriss yet couldn't use Force drain against Meetra. Battles, regardless of power, can swing in either direction. Just because Meetra defeated them doesn't mean she could defeat a weaker opponent.

And concerning that stuff about S_W_Legend, I'll take your word for it, but evidence that it does or does not exist would be helpful, I do not possess the book unfortunately.

I don't know if Meetra being a wound in the Force allows her to resist the effects of the dark side, but it didn't seem to hamper her abilities on Malachor V *shrug*.

Traya's kinda OP, now that I think of it. Hmm... perhaps not a good player for The BattleZone.

The Exile losing her ability on Dromund Kaas is the only explanation for her poor performance in comparison to the beatdown on Malachor. Dromund Kaas seems to be a very powerful Dark Side nexus, rivaling or even exceeding Malachor.

Traya OP? Come now...

Sion wasn't defeated, he let go of the force, which was the only thing keeping him in one piece and died as a result. If he hadn't, Meetra would have lost eventually due to pure exhaustion, if nothing else.

Nihilus lost due to draining the absence of force in Meetra, not due to Meetra "defeating" him. Personally, I think the encounter with Nihilus did something to the wound, maybe even closed it.

Traya's strength didn't lay in fighting so while she was strong in the force, I don't know how strong she was in an actual fight where the opponent was ready for her.

I don't think Meetra was somehow super strong or anything, certainly no Sith Warrior. What irks me is that her personality and strength of character was completely misrepresented in the novel, not really her ability to fight. Furthermore, you have to remember that the Sith of the real Sith empire are incredibly strong. They aren't some Dark Jedi who found a holocron or 2, they come from the ancient traditions and secrets of the original Sith. The Triumvirate are amateurs compared to the Sith we have in TOR.

Actually Suirk and co did defeat Nihilus straight up.

Although Darth Nihilus managed to stun the Exile, he was unprepared for the devotion of his former pupil Marr to the young woman. Marr tried to exchange her life for that of the Exile, giving the former Jedi time to recover. Together, they confronted Darth Nihilus. The Sith Lord was no match for their combined might, and he fell in battle.

--Taken from The Complete Star Wars Encyclopedia

Bwahaha!

:jawa_evil:

But seriously, I don't think she's that OP - Force drain is certainly a trump card but I imagine its effectiveness lessens against a more powerful opponent. Not exactly any more powerful than Exar Kun, or Malgus.